7/11/2009

Welcome to the 12th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click on the "Sunday Favorites" info photo in the sidebar of my blog.

~~~~~~

Hello my friends!

Welcome to the 12th run of "Sunday Favorites"!!!
*
I hope that you're having a super Sunday! As you know, I'm finally back from our two week family vacation to Texas. We had a glorious time visiting with family but at the same time...it's good to be home!!! I am still trying to get rested up from our busy vacation and the very looong car trip there and back. I really haven't gotten much done! I have been busy trying to get "caught up" with all of you...if I haven't been by to see you yet, please forgive me...I'm a workin' on it! Hehe! There is one thing that I learned while being gone for two weeks...everything in Blogland moves very, very fast! I feel like I've missed out on soooo much!!!
I would also like to thank all of you who participated in Sunday Favorites while I was gone on vacation! I'm slowly but surely making my way around to all of your fabulous "Sunday Favorites" posts from the past! Well my friends...I sure missed you while I was gone! It's good to be home and chatting with you again!!!

Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!


Love ya'll,
Chari







Sunday Favorites

My favorite post: March 13, 2009


"Pink Saturday" and A Sweet Love Story...

Hello my friends and welcome to "Pink Saturday"! This pink-filled Saturday event is hosted by our very own Beverly over at How Sweet the Sound...thank you, Beverly for giving all of us pink-lovin' bloggers an opportunity to share and show off our pink!!! "Pink Saturday" has become a blogging lalpalooza...so many participate...why don't you hop on over to Beverly's place and check out the show of lovely pink!!!
*
*
Beautiful Bunny...

Last Saturday I posted "Beautiful Bunny" for Pink Saturday. I found this little darling at the thrift store for a mere $3. He looks so pretty in my Tea Rose bedroom on the desk next to my little teacup lamp! I just couldn't believe my good fortune...why just look at his snow-white fur and the delicate pink roses that he sports around his neck! It was love at first sight!!!
*


My Sweet Love Story...

After finding Beautiful Bunny, I was just mesmerized by all beautiful bunnies so I decided to see if there were any of these precious little darlin's on ebay. Ohhh my, I just couldn't believe my eyes....right there on ebay was another Beautiful Bunny...he was much smaller and sitting atop the prettiest little glass trinket box! He's an identical twin to Beautiful Bunny the 1st...he has the same snow-white fur and delicate pink roses...in fact, he has the same touch of gold trim around his little ears! To read more about Beautiful Bunny and the Tea Rose bedroom just click here.

This is where the sweet love story begins...

Since I found Beautiful Bunny's identical twin on ebay...I hit the "watch auction" button...it would be a couple of days before the auction went out. I watched and watched...and then...I forgot about the auction! Yes, you heard me right...I forgot about the auction!!! I checked and sure enough...the auction was finished and there wasn't even the hope that Beautiful Bunny would be relisted because someone had bought him! Ohhhh NOOOOO!!! He was gone...forever lost to me!!! I really was disappointed, I mean how often is it that you find a twin to something you have fallen in love with?

Fast forwarding now... Later that day my honey came home from work! I told him that I had missed the auction for Beautiful Bunny and that someone had bought him. Honey just grinned!!! Then he told me that at 5am that morning he bid on Beautiful Bunny and won the auction!

My honey bought Beautiful Bunny for me...is that not the sweetest love story that you've ever heard??? I mean, come on girls...how many men actually pay that much attention to the many, many "little wants" of their wives? It was just a little trinket box with a Beautiful Bunny on top. My Russell always pays attention...he spoils me really!!! I am so touched by this sweet and sentimental gesture...it may just be the very best gift ever!!! Thank you, honey...you're the bestest of best husbands...and I adore you!!!



Beautiful Bunny the 1st and Beautiful Bunny the 2nd...



Isn't Beautiful Bunny the 2nd just precious? I just adore the delicate pink roses tipped in gold...
*


This is a hand-crafted porcelain bunny made by a dear sweet friend for me many years ago! Just look at the hand painted flowers! This precious bunny also resides atop the desk in my Tea Rose bedroom.



A thank you note to my honey...for all that he is to me!!!




Well my friends...thank you for letting this sentimental gal indulge in the telling of her love story!!! I hope that you enjoyed "Pink Saturday" as much as I did! I always love and appreciate your visits...you all mean so much to me!!! Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here...


*********

Love ya'll,
Chari





18 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The bunnies are just adoreable, but I really love the wonderful love story. Great post. Hugs, Marty

Melissa Miller said...

So precious Chari! I just adore your sweet bunny and how Russell bought him for you.

I haven't participated in SF again because I just don't have enough posts to re-post yet. Can you believe I'm only at fifty posts in almost nine months of blogging? I'm a snail over here...HEHE!
One day soon I'll join you my friend.

I hope you are feeling better ansd well rested.
~Happy Sunday. ~Melissa ;)

Shari @ My Cottage of Bliss said...

Cute bunnies, really cute but more importantly...that man is definitely "a keeper"!!!! :)

xinex said...

Ooooh! Russell is really so sweet. That is the sweetest love story I have ever heard. And the bunny box and the other bunny really belong together...Christine

Dixie said...

Hi Chari! thanks for stopping by French Lique earlier! I love this post... and I especially love those bunnies!

have a beautiful sunday... hugs. Dixie

KBeau said...

Well, your hubby is a rarity indeed. What a thoughtful thing to do. And the bunnies are adorable.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Oh, I remember this post soooo well! This is when I fell in love with your husband! I won't try to break up the marraige though - ya'll are just too sweet together. laurie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl I remember this post...It made me sigh...That Rossell is not only a Hotie but a real kepper my friend...sorry it took me so lone to come by...I got food poisioning Chari and was hoping I would die before it all out of my system...girl I don't remember even getting that sick...it was from Shrimp...not mine dinner out this was thursday night and i just got out of bed and off the pot today ha ha!! tomorrow is second Sunday swap meet YAHOO!! wish me luck...love ya sis...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Chandy said...

What great bunnies and welcome home, dear Chari!

Russell, you take the cake in being the sweetest hubs!

So cool that he did that for you! And glad I was able to participate this Sunday.

It's my turn to take off for a week. Off to see family.

Hugs!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

eBay? Bunnies? Romantic hubbies? Awesome story! :-)

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Aah, that is such a sweet story. The bunny is cute, but the fact that your Russel did that for you is the sweetest thing. He's a treasure.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Chari,
I have tears in my eyes! What a lovely story and such a wonderful hubby you have! He is a keeper my dear, of course you knew that! I love the bunnies, each and every one, but I am in love with the bunny Russell bought, so touching. I never saw this post and it is wonderful! I love your new header and background, I bet you took that lovely pic! Your so talented! Hugs my dear, Cindy

Sonia said...

Hi Chari,

I've been gone and am getting caught up with the blogs! I love your love story and all the pictures of your family, you are truly blessed and your family is beautiful. Glad you had a great time in Corpus Christi! I was in Florida for my Mom's 70th birthday and took her swimming with the Manatees! Blessings to you this Sunday...I'm still trying to figure out how to re-post...LOL..When I do..I'll start posting on Sunday Favorites...hugs to you! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Oh Chari! I remember this story! I had tears in my eyes! Of course I had to inform my DH what your sweet one did for you! HINT! HINT! I admit I was quite envious! Poor pitiful me! Why can't my DH be like that!!! (LOL!) Well sweet friend I hope you have a blessed day! Lauralu :)

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What a sweet husband. I love this story!

Christi

Lori E said...

So this one is a keeper eh? You and I have got the good ones.

Your painting friend is very talented. The job she did on the flowers is beautiful.

Thanks for hosting again.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet Friend! Love your bunny story! I thought I should have done Sunday Favorites as I certainly don't have any new projects I have completed lately! I am still trying to get this new computer figured out- am having some issues when I go to post and when I make a link for another blogger it doesn't make it into a link- too tired still to figure it all out!
Thank you so much for your prayers! I know God is working. My rash is calming down somewhat- now working on trying to get rid of a massive yeast infection from the massive doses of antibiotics. Go to Dr Fri for big toe check (where I got the rattlesnake bite)- am hoping he will let me get from under the "house arrest" He is hopeful that I will not need surgery on the toe due to the dead skin. wonder if my feet will ever look pretty again!! Just thankful I still have the toe and am asking God for patience to stay in my chair till Friday !! Just keep thinking of all those projects and you know I don't have that breakfast nook finished yet!

Have your rested up from your trip? I know how long that can take. We are needing to go down to NM and close on the house end of this month- if Dr gives ok- then we just found out Bills Mom has cancer- she had surgery 2 weeks ago but they just told her this week radiation and chemo are needed. Would love to get to Ariz and be there for them- we will have to just wait and see what God decides!

blessings
mary

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh Chari, your bunnies are adorable. You know how I love them. Your story is precious. I hope you've gotten rested up from our trip. You are always so kind in all of your comments. Darling I just swallow them all up and reread them. Just now getting around after last w/k's storm.. more on that soon.. Hope all is well your way...hugs ~lynne~