7/18/2009

Welcome to the 13th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click on the "Sunday Favorites" info photo in the sidebar of my blog.

~~~~~~

Hello my friends!

Welcome to the 13th run of "Sunday Favorites"!!!
*
I hope that you're having a super Sunday! It's been another very busy week for me. My honey has been home on vacation this past week and we've had lots of home improvement projects going! No...No...nothing that you would want to see photos of...we've been repairing septic systems for our home and our rental property! Sooo...no photos and I'll spare you all the icky details! Hehe! We have also had fun with a couple of local car shows where we've entered our 1953 Ford and 1970 RS Camaro. We also took a day trip to Ft. Collins, Colorado so that I could do some shopping at a few of my favorite antique markets! Ohhh...I did find a couple of treasures that I'll share with you this week!
*
So as you can see...I've been pretty busy and my blog posts have been very sparse this past week! I sure am happy that I can just do a quick post for Sunday Favorites! Speaking of which...I chose a Christmas themed post from last December to reshare with you! I've noticed that there has been alot of "Christmas in July" going on in Blogland! Christmas is my favorite holiday!!! I'm so happy to be able to share a little something from last Christmas with you today! Oooh...there are only 163 days until Christmas!!! I'm already trying to get ready...hehe!!!

Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!


Love ya'll,
Chari









Sunday Favorites

My favorite post: December 10, 2008


Christmas Greetings from the Lamberts!


Ho...Ho...Ho...and Merry Christmas!!! As the days go by...it's beginning to feel alot like Christmas! Here in Colorful Colorado the weather is cold...there is a skiff of snow on the ground and the cold blustery winds are blowing! I almost hated to open our back door to get this photo...hehe! This was one of those wooden door plaques...I bought it unfinished so I could "customize" the paint treatment...hehe!!! Actually...I really bought it because I love to paint and do crafts! So I guess I customized it after all...hehe!!! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it because of the dangling stockings...there were three...just enough for our names!!! I always hang this little Christmas plaque on our back door for the Holiday season!


~~~The Three Nutcrackers~~~

Hehehe...I love my little nutcrackers...I've always found something very whimsical about them! These three very proud fellows are sitting atop our frig! I really do have a little story about them. Three years ago, Russell & I went to Europe for our honeymoon...we traveled through five countries...Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France, and Italy. So when I found these little nutcrackers...I just had to have em'! They reminded me of our trip and the beautiful countries that we visited! As you can see...one of the nutcrackers is German, one is French, and the last one is Italian...hehe!!!
*


Nutcracker Klaus

First of all, I'd like to introduce you to Klaus! Oh...he said to tell you Guten Tag! (Hello) Klaus is from Bavaria. Bravaria is a region in southern Germany! Klaus loves his pretzels and beer...hehe!!!

*



Okay...I have to show you a photo of Russell and I while we were in Bavaria. In the background is Schloss Neuschwanstein (Neuschwanstein Castle). It may look familiar to some of you...Disney's castle was modeled after it! It was also used in the movie, "Chitty, Chitty...Bang, Bang"! I just loved that movie...hehe! We spent several days traveling through Bavaria...the countryside was so beautiful!!!





Nutcracker Jean Claude
*
May I introduce you to Jean Claude. Jean Claude is from Paris, France! Oh my, watch out for Jean Claude...he's quite the ladies man. What is that you said, Jean Claude? Oh...Jean Claude said, "Bonjour Mademoiselle...Enchante!" (Hello Miss...pleased to meet you!) Did you notice Jean Claude's little Napoleon-like vest?
*



Here is a photo of lil' ol' me...at the Louvre in Paris, France! I loved, loved, loved the Louvre!!! It really was a dream come true for me! Why just look at the fabulous architecture! I have to tell you that I probably spent more time studying the grand buildings...inside & out...than I did the great masterpieces!




Nutcracker Benito
*
And last but not least...Please meet Benito...Benito is from Venice, Italy! He is a gondolier. Oh, oh okay...Benito says, "Buon giorno, Signorina! Piacere! Mi chiamo Beni." (Hello Miss...I'm pleased to meet you...I am Beni!) His nickname is Beni...short for Benito!
*



This photo was taken of Russell & I in Venice, Italy. Venice is truly amazing! We only spent a couple of days there...I want to go back! I loved the shopping in Venice. Let me remind you that Murano glass is made on a nearby island...and the Venetians are also know for their fine lace and linens!




Well my friends...it's been fun! I hope that you enjoyed meeting my three little Nutcrackers! Thank you for letting me share a few photos of Russell & I in Europe! Have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas! What Klaus? Oh Klaus would like to wish you a Frohliche Weihnachten....Jean Claude says, "Joyeux Noel" too...and Beni chimes in..."Buon Natale!"



Merry Christmas!!!
Love ya'll,


24 comments:

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello my friends...

I'm writing just a quick note to let you know that I DID add Mr. Linky to this post but it's not showing up??? I'm not sure why...but I thought I would give it a few minutes to see if Mr. Linky will make his appearance!

I apologize for the inconvenience if you're trying to sign up for Sunday Favorites!

Thank you...
Love ya'll,
Chari

Salmagundi said...

Hi Chari!! I've been missing you - sorry, you have been doing septic work, yuck. I love going to Ft. Collins to antique on S. College, etc. We have lived there twice, plus visited many times. My husband has 2 degrees and our son has 2 degrees from there, so I spent a lot of time on the trail for bargains. Cool here today, but it probably won't last. Enjoyed seeing the rerun of this Christmas post. Take care, Sally

Kat said...

Loved your Christmas in July! It's been so ridiculously hot here that I would even be happy with snow - my DH would have a heart attack if he heard me say that. I just don't do snow tee hee. We must be on the same wavelength, I'm going to do a "pre Christmas in July" repost. I'll check back in a bit to see if Mr. Linky pops in. Kathy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh, I just love all of your Nut Crackers. YOur pics of your Europe trip are so wonderful. I know you had the best time. Thanks for sharing again. Hugs, Marty

Lynn said...

I love your nutcrackers!
Christmas in July
My repeat post has a new picture.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hello my friend...I love these before and still love them...but I will tell you I loved seeing you and Russell on your Honeymoon and all the great fun you must of had...Girl your hair is so long and pretty...it looks thick also...where as mine is getting thinner every day now...Hope you are getting some rest my friend...Sorry to hear about the YUCK septic problems...lots of work...we also have septic here...May you have a great weekend my friend...love ya sis...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Love the Nutcrackers! Especially the one from Venice! :-)
When will you do a post on your cars (or have you already and I have missed it?)

Sharing with Sherri said...

Hi Chari!!

Hey I'm finally participating in your event!! I read the message again that you left me on the original post, and it was just so sweet! I always look sooo forward to your visits!!

Sorry about the septic problems! NOT FUN! Hopefully you had some fun shopping in Ft. collins.

But I know for sure that you had FUN on your honeymoon trip!!
Your Nutcrackers sure are cute too!

Can't wait to see your shopping treasures!
Sherri:D

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi Chari!
Looks like Mr Linky decided to make an appearance after all.... yay!

Love those nutcrackers. We have a few, but my brother and his wife have an amazing collection -- I love how you have collected yours, and that they have so many memories for you.

Have a great Sunday!
Cass

Candy said...

I am doing my first Sunday Favorite today. Thanks for hosting.
I, too, have one of those photos with the Neuschwanstein castle in the background. Nice hill top cabin, don't you know ;-)

Sunday Blessings, Candy

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Great pictures I know you had a great time.
Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Chari I do remember seeing this post. I probably did not comment, but I should have. The photos are absolutely beautiful. What a wonderful trip it must have been. The nutcrackers are delightful.

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Chari, What amazing travels...love all the pics with you and your honey pie. :-) Your nutcrackers are so cute...great collection! Happy Sunday Favorites!
Susan

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Chari, I enjoyed your Christmas in July post. Made me feel a little more cool than I was feeling. Love your nutcrackers and the way you related them to your honeymoon pictures. I probably saw this the first time you posted it, but my memory is so bad, I don't remember it. Merry Christmas! laurie

Its So Very Cheri said...

Thanks for coming by. I have a give away if you are interested in signing up.
Cheri
www.itssoverycheri.blogpot.com

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Chari my dear!!
What a lovely post, such wonderful pics of you and Russell on your amazing honeymoon! I love the nutcrackers and the little story that went with them, what treasures they are! I hope your septic problems are mended,come by when you can for my 100th post giveaway!! Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

My several had the same thought this Sunday of Christmas in July for Sunday Favorites!

How are you this morning friend? Have you gotten rested up from your trip down south yet? Know how long it can take to recover.

Went to a beekeepers meeting and then later Sat. afternoon to a property owners BBQ (I knew it was going to be too much for me but this was our first opportunity to meet property neighbors and i wanted to be able to get to know them!) Sunday I woke up - well you know- knowing I had overdone it so we spent a very low key day at home listening to one of our favorite evangelist on CD. It is still so hard for me to realize I don't have the energy I once had before Fibro- and then now- gosh such little energy for endurance! But it is getting better everyday.

We will be going down to NM Thursday I believe- still waiting to hear exact closing day- should find out today. It's been over 100+ down there - not the greatest time to go but will be glad to have all my "stuff"!!!

Everytime I see your pictures of you and DH on your on your honeymoon it makes me smile and want to go make a trip to Europe!!
So very happy for you that God blessed you with such a dear man! It is such a blessing that we have wonderful hubbies- Bill has just been so sweet taking care of me these past 3 weeks!

blessings
mary

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Hey stranger!!! Great post,I love that last shot,I want to go there someday,its so beautiful!! Glad you are keeping well,all the best,Chrissy

Melissa Miller said...

Oh how precious Chari! I LOVE this cute post and all the gorgeous photos. Sigh....One day. ;)

Thanks for coming by and as always you are one of the sweetest ladies in all of Blogland. You make everyone feel so special and I really appreciate "you" my friend.

Aren't tassels so much fun?
I'm finding so many fun things to buy on all the Etsy shops. HEHE!

Alex has been out of town for work and we are both doing well. We've got a few projects left to do outside for the summer. I need his help with all my allergies or I would start them on my own. My hands actually break out in hives from yardwork. You know I never had allergies until the last few years. Yikes, they suck.

I hope you are feeling great and all rested up from your travels.

Have a good one today.
~Love ya, Melissa :)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
My dear you are just the nicest lady! Melissa is right! The note you left was so kind and I so appreciate the nice comments. I am so glad that you got to spend some time with your hubby and get caught up around the home. I have been kind of trying to do the same and getting my projects ready for our County Fair. Yap, I take a few things and enter them. I did it as a 4-Her and last year after my daughter and step-son had graduated from high school I decided to try it again! It's lot's of fun and I don't care about the ribbons just love the fair atmosphere! And, I can't wait to see what your working on my dear, because I know it's going to be lovely! Hugs and I will try to get a post up this week-end for Sunday Favorites too! Hugs again, lol, Cindy

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey my Dear Chari...yes Girl I am getting ready for my trip...I seem to be running out of time...been trying to clean house before I go...Len is not going with me he won't leave his dog...Just Gina, danny and me going...but all of Gina kids will be there plus her grand babies...I have been real tired my friend...we ran for 2 days ans now I now I am dragging around here today Ha ha!!I will talk at you before I go girl...May you have a great day sis...love ya Gloria

xinex said...

This has always been one of my favorite posts of yours, Chari. I am glad you are back into swing here. What kind of work did you do on your house?

I am in Florida to take AJ home. She stayed with us in Natchez for 2 weeks but her mom wanted to see her for a while before staying there for another 2 weeks in Aug. We are going back at the end of this month. I can't really wait cause the pool deck is done and I can't wait to arrange the deck furniture and decoarte around it.I am sure you know how that goes with us decorators. But I have to be busy here. My daughter bought a house so my home here is empty everytime I go back to MS. I was giving it to my son if he can find a renter to his existing home but he couldn't. Tough economic times right now. Anyway, I went to visit my best friend here and we got to talking and she said she has to move out of her apt. by Sept when her lease ends b/c she wants a yard (she loves to garden). I told her she can rent my house if my son won't get upset but I know it is far from her job. She immediately perked up and got so excited and said she will drive the distance b/c she loves my house. I called my son and it was ok for him for me to rent it. So now, I have to clean it up really well while I am here to get it ready. I still have a lot of stuff here....Christine

Sue said...

Chari you are such a dear!!! You always leave the most detailed and sweet comments, you really do look at all the pictures and read every word, so touching!! I'm always so glad when you come to visit, wouldn't it be fun to actually get to visit in person! I am having so much fun in my room, I hate to leave it to go to bed at night! Glad you like it so far, and today we're picking up the bed. I'll have to buy a mattress and get it all set up before I show it! Hope you are having a good week, a relaxing week after all your tree cutting! Thats hard work!! TTYL sweetie!! xoxoxox

Lynette said...

I think I remember this post when you originally did it - I love Europe and have been to a couple of places over there - gorgeous country! Can't speak anything but English and it didn't even matter!

The pictures are lovely - then and now and brought a smile to my face!!

Happy Hump day -