7/27/2009

It's "Three or More Tuesday"!!!

Hello my friends!!! I'm so happy to be participating in "Three or More Tuesday" today...it's my very first time! This fun filled Tuesday event is hosted by Tam over at The Gypsy's Corner.

"Three or More Tuesday" gives us an opportunity to share a collection of any sort as long as there are three or more items! Please pay Tam a visit...you are in for a real treat and while you're there you can check out all of the other participant's posts.

Thank you, Tam...for hosting "Three or More Tuesday"!!!


White Ironstone
*
I just love white English Ironstone!!! I have been collecting it for a couple of years now...dishes, pitchers, soup tureens...if it's ironstone I collect it! Well...I make it sound like I have a great collection but actually I have just a few pieces...but I'm working on it!!! Hehe!
*
My love for ironstone started when I saw my dear friend Sue's great collection way back in the days of Rate My Space! Sue has a beautiful collection...cabinets and shelves just full of this delightful glassware! If you haven't ever been over to Sue's place...treat yourself and go! Sue has a delightful blog...A Stitch In Time. She's such a dear, sweet lady and I know that you'll make a friend!!!
*
*
My Newest Ironstone Treasures

*
Ahhhh...white ironstone pitchers!!!

*When I was down in Texas last month, my mama gave me these two ironstone pitchers! The larger pitcher is very heavy and stands about 7 in. tall...I think it's quite old...although my mama wasn't sure! The smaller little frenchy pitcher is used for cream! I just love my newest ironstone treasures!
**
Thank you, Mama!!!
*

*
Ironstone Covered Casserole Dish
**
Ohhh my...not only do I love ironstone but I also love bunnies! So it just doesn't get any better than this!!! Hehe! I found this darling little covered casserole dish at the Antique Market a couple of weeks ago! It was true love as soon as I spotted it!!!
*
I think I got a pretty good deal on it...$8.00! I hate to say it, but I would have probably paid more!
** *

*

*
Ahhh...just look at this sweet bunny!!!
*

*
Ironstone Coffee/Tea Pot
**
I found this little coffee/tea pot the same day that I found the bunny casserole at the Antique Market. This is the only piece that has a manufacturer's mark on it...JG Meakins. This is my very first coffee/tea pot...so it's kind of special! Hehe! Ohhh...I just love it!!!
**
I really don't have any idea what these sell for...I gave $10.00 for it.
**

*
My very first set of dishes...
*
Do you see the white ironstone cups and saucers? These actually belong to a set of dishes that I bought with green stamps when I was just 13 yrs. old. As you can see...I've had a dish fetish for some time! Hehe! I gave this set to my oldest daughter a few years ago. When I was visiting with her in Texas last month, I asked about this set of dishes and she offered to let me bring them back home with me...on the agreement that she would get them back some day! I was really excited to have my very first set of dishes back home with me!!!
*

*
Won't you have a cup of tea with me? Do you take cream & sugar...how about a little lemon? Nothing fancy...just a little hospitality for stopping by and letting me show you all my latest white ironstone treasures!!!
*
Well my friends...thank you so much for coming by! Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here...I would love to visit with you!!!
*
Have a terrific Tuesday!
*
Love ya'll,
Chari


28 comments:

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Chari...your ironstone is beautiful! I love that sweet bunny...you got an awesome deal on that piece. You know who got me stuck on ironstone...Mrs. Gollum! :-) She has an amazing collection, too!
About the area under the deck...I think it would make a great brick patio one day...not sure if I'll do it or save that for the next owner. :-)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, your ironstone is all gorgeous. I love the two pitchers, both of them are beautiful. Now as for the bunny, that is just adoreable, love it. Your coffee/teapot was a steal at that price and it has such lovely detail. How nice to have your dishes back too. They are really pretty. Hugs, Marty

Sue said...

Chari you are too sweet!!! I am so touched and honored that you started a collection because of mine!! You have a wonderful start to your ironstone collection, now that large pitcher is an old piece and I have 2 of them. The small creamer is lovely! The bunny casserole is so sweet and what a great price, I can see it fitting in perfectly with your bunny pieces too! I love all your pieces sweetie and hope you have many years of fun collecting ahead for you! Ironstone is my all time favorite collectible, that reminds me, I need to find me a fabulous piece tomorrow at the fleamarket, wish me luck LOL!!! xoxoxo

Kat said...

Chari, I just love your ironstone, especially those pitchers from your mama. And how special that you still have your first set of dishes! Kathy

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

I am feeling the need for a new collection!!! All of your pieces are wonderful!!! The bunny is my favorite of course!!! I love it!!!

Well...I am off to find some ironstone...wish me luck!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Keetha Broyles said...

Does your Ironstone Bunny know Dana's Stone Rabbit?

Your new items are wonderful.

Lori E said...

I have no ironstone,(hanging head in shame).
Boy we sure go for the bunnies don't we. They are always so irresistible. You are starting a great collection.

Melissa Miller said...

~So very pretty Chari! You take the most amazing photos as well my friend. You are truly talented.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG Chari!
I so love your ironstone and that bunny dish is just the cutest! I started collecting white pitchers recently and the ironstone is just the best so I am on the look-out! The green stamp thing sure brought back memories. I remember being a little girl and standing in line with my Mother as she cashed in her green stamps. How advanced for your age you were~ China never even crept into my mind when I was 13 and how wonderful that you have your first set back home with you! Oh, I'm just lovin this post, and I hope your having a good week. I am so excited because our fair starts on Thursday and I just love a County Fair! Hugs my dear, Cindy

Unknown said...

Chari, I love your ironstone! So beautiful! The bunny tureen is adorable and I love the pretty pitchers your Mama gave you. The teapot was a dream of a price, you must still be doing the happy dance! Such a beautiful collection! I'm green with envy!

Tina

ItaJeff said...

The ironstone is so wonderful and the sweet bunny too..love it
Have a nice day

♥Ita

Theresa said...

Love the teapot and the dishes you had as a child! Bright white beauties:) Have a blessed day!

artis1111 said...

My fav is the tea pot and the small pitcher. They all look so lovely. The flowers are great! Kathy

Unknown said...

Love your ironstone. Love the simplicity.

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Mornin' Chari! I love your collection! I'll give you $10 for the bunny casserole!! (LOL) I love bunnies too! I have been so behind on blogging lately! I really need to put up a new post and I just have not had any time! And I've missed some posts out there, including yours!, so I really need to catch up! I hope you're feeling better and that you have a blessed day! God Bless! Lauralu :)

susan said...

Chari-Do you have a whole new look? I love your ironstone. I have have always loved soup tureens and have been keeping my eye out for one. The bunny dish is my favorite! Great photos!

Poppedijne said...

Always beautiful on the table that white ironston.I love the simple line of the pitchers.They are lovely.

Lynette said...

Hi Chari - love your pretty white dishes and that bunny - he is a cutie pie!! I found some really cute white/cream colored pitchers at Michael's that look like ironstone but I know they aren't - they just looked pretty!

Loved all your pretty dishes -

Happy Tuesday -

Chris said...

Beautiful! The simplicity of the white ironstone is so appealing. The fact that it is useful is a plus! Do you use your pieces?

Thanks for sharing them! Chris

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Everything is so pretty. I love all of it. I remember green stamps! Wonderful collection.

Christi

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I love white ironstone, too. Have sold most of my personal collection though! I have kept some retangle platters because they are hard to come by and look so nice with things displayed on them

Nancy Rosalina said...

Chari, I love it all, but that bunny dish is my favorite!!!!! Nancy

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Love ironstone...it's so crisp & clean...it goes w/ any decor! In the very first 3 or More meme, I featured my collection of tureens & will share my collection of creamers soon too. Happy 3 or More Tuesday!

Candy said...

Wish I could claim that Victorian jewel but just found it while on a Google search. More info about it at the www. address on the photo. And the kitchen isn't mine either...Decorating Ideas June 2000. My collection of potholders is quite small.

xinex said...

OMG Chari! We sure think alike! I just bought a bunny covered casserole dish from Florida very similar to yours. It's still here in FL and so am I and I hope it makes it home without breaking in the suitcase. I love all your white ironstone collection....Christine

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Chari: I love ironstone too and yours is so gorgeous!! I LOVE the bunny! I love rabbits too and this just combines both loves!

Lou Cinda :)

bj said...

OMIGOSH...you have some BEAUTIFUL pieces of ironstone. Just fabulous.
I haven't bought any lately but seeing yours makes me want to start buying some more pieces. Like I have all the room in the world for more D.I.S.H.E.S. HAHA

What little creamer are you talking about of mine..the one with the yellow flowers in it? You just send me your mailing address and I will have that little baby delivered to your doorstep before you know it. I'm serious....yes, I am !!
xo bj

Cindy J. said...

These are wonderful sweetie.. hope this finds you well... I've been sick..again and so is our sweet little Elliott.. Prayer for our little guy, they are coming back from their trip to my sil's family.. poor little guy has been sick most of the time.. Your photos are wonderful as always. Love, Cindy