7/25/2009

Welcome to the 14th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click on the "Sunday Favorites" info photo in the sidebar of my blog.

~~~~~~

Hello my friends!

Welcome to the 14th run of "Sunday Favorites"!!!
*
I hope that you're having a super Sunday! Is it just me or does it seem like summer is really "flying by" quickly? It's hard to believe that we are nearly at the end of July...it won't be to much longer and the kiddos will be going back to school! July has been a busy month for us with more vacation time and home improvement projects! I really do love "Sunday Favorites"!!! It really does offer a great opportunity to be able to post a little something over the weekend without having to spend alot of time or much work! I just love being able to "copy and paste" a previous blog post...it takes no time at all!!!
*
I've noticed that there has been alot of "Christmas in July" going on in Blogland! Christmas is my favorite holiday!!! I'm so happy to be able to share a little something from last Christmas with you today!
*
Oooh...there are only 156 days until Christmas!!! I'm already trying to get ready...hehe!!!

~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!


Love ya'll,
Chari








Sunday Favorites

My favorite post: December 9, 2008

~~~~~~

Can You Ever Have Too Much Fun???

No...no... a resounding NO!!! Hehehe!!!

Oh, I must explain...this morning my intentions were to post more of the Christmas decor in our little red French Country Dining Room, however when I went to take photos...my camera battery was dead....soooo...it's recharging! In the meantime, I decided to have a little fun this morning! Many of you in blogland probably already have a photo editing software but if you don't you can "google" a free online software called PHOTOBUCKET. I use it to edit some of my photos....for example you can resize a photo or work with the lighting of a photo...it comes in very handy! Photobucket is totally FREE...all you have to do is obtain a membership (which is very easy, believe me...I need easy...hehe!) and voila! It has all kinds of really neat tools....so without further ado....here are a few samples!!!

Oh yes...and don't forget to click on the photo to enlarge it...you can see the full effect much better!!!

This first photo is of the Christmas centerpiece I did on our dining room table....many of you may recognize my little masonary garden angel that I borrowed from my Tea Rose bedroom...just for the Christmas Holidays! The urns are also masonary (they weigh a ton...hehe!) I topped them off with little (cast iron) birdies...added a little Christmas greenery and voila!!! I found this beautiful tablerunner at Hobby Lobby...it's very Christmasy...don't you think?




Okay....now the fun begins!!! This next photo I used Photobuckets special effect called "Neon". After you've downloaded the photo that you would like to do a special effect on...just look at the top of the Photobucket page...there are tabs with several options. Just choose "Effects"....I think there are about 15 different effects that you can play with.



"Neon Effect"
*
With the Neon effect you can choose all kinds of different colors to work with...on this photo I chose a dark red....if you look close you will see the dark red shadowy outlines!



Another photo using the "Neon" effect....only this time I changed the color....instead of using the dark red, I changed the color to gold! See the gold shadowy outlines?




"Painting Effect"
*
The "Painting" effect is kind of unique...you could take any photo and make it look like an oil painting! While using many of these effects...another option is available...."Advanced Option". With the advanced option tool, you can choose just how strong you want the effect to be. So the masterpiece you creative is totally up to you...believe me, with all of the options available....your photo would really be "one of a kind"!!!




"Cartoon Effect"
*
With the "Cartoon" effect option, you can take a photo and make it look like a cartoon...isn't this fun? I really liked this effect....it changes some of the original color a bit and adds an animated look!




"Pop Art Effect"
*
Ooooh....this effect is sooooo much fun!!! This effect "tiles" the photo into four sectors....and as you can see....each tile is done in a bright, vibrant color! This effect has so many possibilities! Just think...you could do any photo...print it...frame it! Wouldn't it be great for a child's room, teen's room....or if you have a more contemporary decor...wall art!!!




"Old Photo Effect"
*
Do you have "Old World" decor? Just think what you could do with a photo...make it look "Old World"! Keep in mind...not only is Photobucket's effects great for changing a photo for a special look on your blog...but you can use this tool to change a photo...have it printed off and use it for wall art!!!
*



"Color Rotate Effect"
*
The "Color Rotate" effect is a bit more subtle...I just love the purpley hues that it added to this photo! This is really one of my favorite effects...at least for this particular photo!!!
*
*


"Duo Tone Effect"
*
Ooooh...just look at this one!!! With the "Duo Tone" effect you have different color options....you can choose one color for the background objects....here I chose GOLD! Then you can choose a second color for the photo objects....I chose dark red!!! It almost looks like a photo negative...don't you think? Only in color!!! How cool is that?
*



"Sketch Effect"
*
Oh boy....can you tell I'm getting excited? I'm tellin' ya...I've really had fun this morning!!! hehe!!! This "Sketch" effect is sooooo awesome!!! Just think...you can take any photo and make it look like a drawing!!! Okay, my mind is rolling here...but for those of you who like black & white art....why not make your own....frame it...and voila!!! You have your very own masterpiece!!!
*



"Color Sketch Effect"
*
Here is another "Sketch" effect....only with color! Doesn't it look like the picture has been sketched then colored with colored pencils? I love this!!!
*



"Stickers Effect"
*
Hehehehe....Ohhhhh my, I did have fun doing this one!!! With the "Stickers" effect, you can add stickers to your photo. I didn't count...but there were many, many stickers to choose from! They were all so much fun!!! I added each sticker....one at a time...so you can build and build upon a photo! They have award stickers...goofy saying stickers...a little bit of everything!!! I just loved dressing my angel....of course he had to have a Santa's cap and scarf...and check out those cool glasses...I bet I have the "raddest" Christmas angel ever...hehe!!!
*
*

"Thought Effect"
*
With the "Thought" effect you can add thought or speech bubbles....there are even all kinds of different shaped bubbles etc. You can write anything you would like inside of the bubbles....there are several different fonts and color options available! Photobucket recently added a "Glitter Text" option...so you can even make your text "glittery"!!! Hehe!!!
*



"Glitter Text Effect"
*
I love the "Glitter Text" effect! This effect can be really uselful in creating your blog headliner!!! Most of you probably already know but just in case you don't....when creating your blog headliner....you can choose any photo and there is a "standard" title option that you get on your blog dashboard. If you want to be a bit more creative....take your photo over to Photobucket and with the tools they offer....you can make your own "title lettering"....they offer so many different fonts and colors that you just can't get with your "standard" blog dashboard!!! I used the "Glitter Text" effect on this photo!!!
*



"Poster Effect"
*
With the "Poster" effect you can take your photo and make it look like a poster! In fact, Photobucket will actually make your poster/photo into a life-size poster...of course, you would have to order it! But once again, I can see your poster/photo used as wall art....hmmmm, endless possibilities!!! Hehe!!!
*



Well my friends....as you can see....I really, really did have fun this morning playing with special effects!!! Hehehe!!! There are many more to experiment with!!! You know they say that "A Picture Paints a Thousand Words".....it's really true and with a photo editing software you can do just that! Well....I hope that I gave you a few ideas and if I can be of any help just let me know! Not that I'm an expert by any means....but I do love to play!!! Hehe!!! My camera battery is almost charged so maybe tomorrow I'll post some more of my Christmas decor!
*
Merry Christmas!!!
*
Love ya'll,
Chari

19 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, you are so clever. I really like all the different effects, they are all so different. Your angel and the urns with birds are all just so pretty, it would be really hard to make them look bad. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

I so love playing around with Photo Bucket, it is so much fun..lol..love what you did with it.
Molly

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my, Chari - - - you had ENTIRELY too much fun with that photo!!! HEhehehehehe

My rerun is set and ready to post just after midnight. Lori E has promised to link me up as I'll be in travel mode on the highway all day tomorrow. If she FORGETS - - - please do the Mr. Linky honors for me.

Sue said...

Chari you are cracking me up!! Way too much fun, I'll have to try that sometime! I was beginning to get fall fever, thought we would never get summer weather, but today it felt like a suana here! Good ole NJ!!LOL! I've been thinking about fall and pumpkins, but not Christmas, not just yet! LOL. Come see my unveiling, the room is FINISHED!! yea, I love it!! xoxoxo

Mrs. Petrie said...

My husband is the Photoshop guy and I love to have him adjust pictures for me. We've made some great artistic photos of our kiddo. I like the abstract photo filters you used. I like almost not quite knowing what I'm looking at.
Thanks for hosting Sunday Favorites. I'm taking a graduate course this month and it's been forcing me to cut down on my blogging time! TG it's almost done. :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

That is SO COOL!!!!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

I love the "sketch" effect best. I've played around with it a little... might have to frame a few "sketches".

:)

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Hi Chari,
isn't Photo editing great??? I love your vignette that you 'played' with.
Thank you for hosting this fun event and have a wonderful Sunday.
Tam

KBeau said...

Thanks for reposting this. Just yesterday I was looking for instructions on how to create the Andy Warhol pop art effect using Photoshop Elements. I found some instructions but haven't had a chance to try them. I think instead that I'll download Photobucket and use that. Looks like it's just a matter of clicking. What could be easier than that.

xinex said...

Awesome! And no matter what effect you choose, your photo looks amazing, Chari! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.....Christine

Dixie said...

very cute Chari... I too love playing with my photos... but yours are way out there... !

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Chari, What a wonderful post. This looks like so much fun. Yes I do have photo bucket, but I have not taken the time to really use the tools. I will get better acquainted with them really quick. Thanks for sharing today and thanks for the wonderful post on my blog. I know we will become good friends. Have a wonderful day today. Country Hugs, Sherry

Lori E said...

These effects can be very useful in creating original artwork. The sketch one especially lends itself to creating a water colour of photo. The basic lines are there and you just use the colour resist and paint away.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Hi Chari - you really must try brined chicken... you will NOT be disappointed!!!! Please let me know if you do - can't wait to hear your reaction :).

Take care,
ButterYum

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Chari...

What a great tutorial....I used to use Photobucket when I listed on eBay...but didn't even realize it did all the other things!

Thanks for coming to visit...you're such a sweetie...

Blessings,
Spencer

Sue said...

Chari you win the prize for the best comments in blogland! I say it everytime but I mean it really, you are soooo sweet and pay such attention to detail, you make me and everyone here feel so special with your sweet comments, I just love ya sweetie!! Oh yes I love the chocolate ice cream wall color! It looks so pretty with white and all the pink too! I want Amelia to have such happy memories here in this room, and also I have a neice Adrianna who is very special to me, she'll be sleeping over too, so the A can be for both of them! Hope you are having a relaxing weekend, I did today. Its sauna weather here so I stayed inside and did nothing! lol! Talk to ya soon sweetie, xoxoxo

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi Chari!

Now those are fantastic effects... what FUN. I am going to have to try Photobucket. Right now I just use Picasa, so I can crop and lighten, etc., but nothing fancy.

Oh my. Dion the dog is scared at what I might do to his photographs!

Cass

Joyce said...

Laughing at the stickers effects:)
Joyce

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Chari,
This is so neat! I just loved all the possibilities and how you laid them out so beautifully! I am sorry I missed Sunday Favorites, we were gone most of the week-end and I didn't have access to a computer. Thank-you for the lovely note, we spent this week-end visiting with family and doing a little shopping. I just realized that your still raising teenagers! Well, with my 19 year old daughter around I still feel that way too sometimes! Take care my dear and have a wonderful week, I'll be back for a visit very soon! Hugs, Cindy