7/26/2009

It's Mosaic Monday
and
Fantasies in White!!!


Hello my friends! I hope that you had a wonderful weekend and that your Monday is off to a great start!
*
I have recently found the fun of making photo "mosaics"! If you haven't ever tried your hand at it...you really should! It really is sooo much fun and the possibilities for photo mosaics are endless!!! I have been using Flickr and Big Huge Labs to do mine but I'm sure that there are several software programs out there that you can use!
*
Mary over at Little Red House is hosting Mosaic Monday! I was just elated to find this fun filled Monday event...it gives us an outlet to show off some of the pretty photo mosaics that we've been experimenting with! Thank you, Mary!!! Please go on over to Mary's place when you're finished here...she always has the most beautiful mosaics...and while you're there you can visit the other participants!!!
*
~~~~~~~~~
*
What is it about white???
*
Lately, my mind has been wandering from the comfortable color palette of COLOR that I am so accustomed to! Yes...I love color! For those of you who know me...you know that I have surrounded myself in deep, rich color! The color palette of our home's living area consists of deep olives, reds, and golds. Our master bedroom is done in brown and seaside blue and our Tea Rose bedroom (guest room) dresses in hues of garden green, pinks, and soft buttery yellow! Did I mention that I LOVE COLOR? Hehe!
*
However...
*
Lately I have found myself dreaming of white! Yes...cool, clean, crisp white!!! White rooms...white furniture...white dishes...and yes, even white linens!!!
*
Maybe it's the summer heat...maybe it's my longing for that soft, sheer elegance that white so easily affords!!! Whatever the reason...I am in love with white!!! I wanted to share a few photos that I have found...that just makes me go "ahhhhhhh"!!!
*
*








Ahhhhh....white!!! Cool, clean, crisp white!!! My latest fantasy in white!!!
*
*
A White Mosaic Monday


Well my friends...thank you for letting me share my latest fantasy...fantasies in white!!!
*
Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here! I would love to visit with you!!!
*
Have a wonderful cool, clean, and crisp Monday!!!
*
Love ya'll,
Chari




31 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, they are all so pretty. I love white all of a sudden too. Maybe it is the unreal hot weather, but I just want everything cool white. I love your pics, they are wonderful. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Chari - How lovely! You final mosaic is beautiful enough to frame. Have a wonderful week.

Charla

Melissa Miller said...

Oh how soft and serene it is in white Chari! Love it all!

Thanks for coming by the other day my friend. You always make my day you are such a sweetie. :)

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Very pretty, Chari. I grew up with lots of white and it is still very appealing to me.

Blondie's Journal said...

Chari,

You have chosen some pretty whites to enjoy!! And yes, they do look summery and crisp and cool!! I love white. If it did not show dirt, I would have white everywhere!! So I get it where I can and if I have something I am worrie about, I use a little throw blanket.

Now...you have to teach me how to be brave with color!!!

xoxo
Jane

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Chari, beautiful post. I think of summer when I see the white clean crisp sheets and the starched little white dress. Oh how beautiful. You can just smell the clean air. Your pics are great selections, and a wonderful post. Truly wonderful. Country hugs, Sherry

Theresa said...

Ahhhh... white is so peaceful! Love all the pictures:) Have a blessed day!

Gwen said...

OH so stunningly beautiful!!! Such a peacefull way to start my work week! TFS

Connie said...

Oh, sweetpea, that is exquisite! I just love white posts......even though my favorite color is PINK! Gorgeous, sugar!!!
xoxo,
Connie

Lynette said...

Maybe it is the heat or maybe we are just soooo bombarded with color, but I'm with you. I have been leaning toward white lately - not sure I would want it everywhere all the time - but I do like it!

Happy Monday to you - come 'round my blog and enter my giveaway if you get a minute!

Stacey said...

What beautiful images you chose. I do love a dose of white. White makes everything fresh and new!

Unknown said...

How magnificent. Your mosaic is gorgeous and filled with lovely photographs of white. I love white on white especially in the summer.

Happy Mosaic Monday.

Karen

Salmagundi said...

So, now are you going to repaint everything white???? Hope not, as I love all of your color. We have really had the rain the last two nights - some flooding, etc. No flooding at our house, though, as we live high up on a bluff overlooking the river. We missed being here for the Saturday rain, as we went to Denver for the Antiques Roadshow, which was really fun. Hope everything is going well with you and yours. Sally

xinex said...

Hi Chari! I love your white photos So crisp, clean and fresh. I will be in FL until this Friday. I am having fun with the kids but I really can't wait to go home too. I am anxious to see the completed pool deck and decorate it. I can't wait to place the patio furniture and all the potted plants that I have been saving up for that moment. I am getting so antsy...lol! But 4 more days and home, here I come!!!!...Christine

Jenn @ youknow... that blog? said...

Very lovely! I find white and lace very romantic. Nice work!

Marsha said...

I am a color person as well but I definitely see the reasoning behind your new found love of white! These photos are soft and romantic feeling.

Caroline said...

Oh this is beautiful! I did a gray and white mosaic today...something so clean, fresh and simple about white.

Bill said...

Hi Chari,
I feel inspired by the wonderful photos you selected (and I think the room I'm in just cooled off a few degrees!).

Thank you for stopping by and leaving the lovely, thoughtful comments. I hope our paths cross again very soon!

bye for now,
Bill

Journey said...

Soft, sensual and oh, so refreshing. Very lovely mosaic!!

Carol said...

Hi Chari!
Thanks for your lovely comments on my paintings! Your white mosaic and pictures are so dreamy & beautiful!

Roban said...

That bed looks scrumptious! I love the white duvet and other linens.... and seashells have been such a part of my summers at the beach. Your mosaic is a refreshing reminder of beautiful things!

julie said...

I love all the white! And I love the framing. I know you said in an earlier post that you found it on Flickr. I have tried everything on Flickr. Where did you find it? I would truly love your help. Havce a great day...julie

Joyce said...

White certainly would be a fantasy in my house since hubby puts his shoes on the bed some days. Last year I purchased a white duvet cover. They must have been piping in some sort of funny air in the linen department when I thought I could bring that home and it would stay white on our bed for a week. It did not stay white for 24 hours. After bleaching and soaking the white duvet it is now sitting in a plastic bag in my linen closet. Every so often I look at it and think I should try it again and then I notice my husbands tennis shoes and say no way Jose!
Joyce

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Julie...

So happy that you stopped by today! Thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet comment...I sure do appreciate that, my friend!!!

Well I do hope that you will check back and see this little note that I'm leaving for you. I used Big Huge Labs...which I believe is associated with Flickr. I used the "frosted glass" technique to frame these photos and then I used their mosaic option to make the mosaic! I sure do hope that helps and answers your questions! Here is the link for Big Huge Labs....

http://bighugelabs.com/

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Beautiful! I love the look of all the whites - so crisp and cool and elegant! Linda

Millie said...

Your white mosaic looks so cool and refreshing...gorgeous!

Jeanne said...

Wow those are all so cool and fresh looking. Very summery feel. I can almost imagine a nice breeze coming in off the ocean slightly ruffling those linens.

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Ooohhh...I love the white!!! Beautiful!!!

Enjoy!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Carol said...

Gorgeous cool whites! Really fantastic mosaic! Great fantasy!

Joan Elizabeth said...

Chari, I love white linen and your mosiac is simply stunning.

Mary said...

Oh Chari, those whites are so lovely! I, too, am surrounded by color and have often pined for a small cottage by the sea, done in all whites and creams... thanks so much for sharing your vision with us at Mosaic Monday :)