6/18/2011

Sunday Favorites...No. 105

*
Welcome to the 105th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click HERE.

~~~~~~
*
Hello my friends!!!
*
Welcome to the 105th run of "Sunday Favorites"
*
I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend!  We are having beautiful "summery" weather here in Colorful Colorado this weekend!  The daytime temps have been reaching into the low 80's but it is still cooling off nicely during the evenings...around 50.  Just perfect!!!
*
Many of us get busier than normal during the summer season.  Honey and I have several "irons in the fire"...working on a few summer projects and we have a couple camping trips to the Rocky Mountains planned as well.  This seems the perfect time to take advantage of the Sunday Favorites (repost) party.  It's often difficult to get a new post together and published on the weekend with our busy schedules.  Our Sunday Favorites party allows us to just repost an already published post...a time saving option for those who would like to post something over the weekend!  I have really enjoyed going through the reposts of the Sunday Favorites participant's and would just like to take the time to thank each one of you for joining in with the fun! 
*
Well dear friends, I hope that your summer has been a good one thus far.  Today for Sunday Favorites, I thought I would share a favorite tablescaping post from September, 2009 with you.  Even though the tablescape is a "farewell ode" to summer and we are just beginning the summer season...I thought I would share it because it is a "summery white" tablescape.  I hope that you enjoy!
* 
Have a super Sunday!!!
* 
**********
* 
Just a little note: Sunday Favorites Criteria
* 
When I first started the Sunday Favorites meme, my initial thought was to offer a solution for getting a post out on the weekend without having to spend alot of time doing so...weekends are just a busy time for most of us! Copying and pasting a previous post is so quick and easy. Not only is this a quick and easy solution to the busy weekends, but it's also an opportunity to dig back into our blog archives and share a favorite "past" post once again! Many of us spend alot of time and effort creating a post and it just seems a shame that it is viewed only once and then forgotten about!
* 
I would like to reiterate that Sunday Favorites is a meme about sharing or revisiting a post from the PAST!
* 
Thank you!!!

~~~~~~~~
*
Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!

Love ya'll,
Chari



*

Sunday Favorites

My favorite post from: September 2, 2009

*
 
*
Hello my friends...I hope that you're having a wonderful day!
*
Today I am dedicating my tablescape to summer!
*
Yes...as the days of summer seem to wane and Autumn quickly approaches...I fondly bid a warm farewell to summer with "A Summer's Ode" tablescape!!!
*
I have been so excited about Autumn this year...well, I'm always excited about the Autumn season. I just love everything about it...but I especially love the warm, rich colors! However, before I begin my Autumn decorating, I wanted to do an all white tablescape! Hmmm...just wondering if the rule of "no white after Labor Day" applies to dishes? I figured I better get a "move on" and get my white tablescape done now!!!
*
A Fond Farewell To Summer...
*
 
*
A Summer's Ode
*
And so, a summer's aged with sweet remorse,
with days a'dwindling down 'til chill's return.
Yet, September still must sing its last refrain,
'ere summer days of memory swiftly burn.
A summer's fallen from the sky, it seems,
with heat a'wavering as its days grow old.
Though bittersweet the parting soon will be,
goodbye echoes with a promise ~ made of gold.
*
written by Hazelmarie Elliot
*
 
*
I have actually been wanting to do an "all white" tablescape all summer and now I have a very special reason to do one!
*
 Do you see those beautiful lacy charger plates in the photo mosaic above?  My dearest friend Gloria from Happy To Be blog gave them to me for my birthday!!!  Girls, you should have seen me do the "happy dance" when I opened my gift!!! I had been wanting these pretty lacy chargers for months! Thank you, Gloria...you are the sweetest and dearest friend...and Girlfriend, you know me sooooo well!
*
*
Soooo....in honor of you, my dear friend Gloria...I have set a special table!!!
*
We'll have a little dinner...maybe a glass of bubbly to celebrate friendship...in honor of all the sweet friendships that we all have made here in Blogland!!! We'll finish with a nice warm cup of tea...it's already getting a bit chilly here in Colorful Colorado! A cup of tea and lots of fun conversation!!!
*
I have set "A Summer's Ode" tablescape in my french country dining room. I wanted it to be a bit elegant but not too stuffy...after all, we are here to have fun!!!
*
 
*
Elegance demands ambiance!!!
*
So with a dimly lit chandelier, a couple of lamps on the buffet all aglow...and the flickering of candlelight on the table...we are set to go!!!
*
 
*
*
*
 
*
"A Summer's Ode" Centerpiece...
*
I decided to use my white birdcage for the focal point of the centerpiece...filled full of beautiful white hydrangeas...ahhhh, so summery!!! I used an off-white lacy doily under the birdcage...and placed an off-white tassel on top...its crowning glory! The off-white picks up the colors from the damask pattern in the long table covering.
*
 
*
The Elegant Ladies of Summer
*
I just love these elegant ladies!!! The two porcelain figurines are made by Paris Royal and stand about 9 in. tall. I think they are considered creamware...not sure. I found these little beauties at TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago for just $3.00 ea. I just knew these pretty ladies would be perfect for a tablescape!
*
Family Treasures
*
I am also using four candleholders that belonged to my mother-in-law. I believe the type of glassware is called "candlewick" glass! I just adore them!!!
*
 
*
*
*
 
*
Just an "artsy" photo!  Do you think this beauty is looking forward to cooler weather? Hehe!
*
 
*
The Place Setting...
*
The set of white dishes that I'm using today are quite old! This was my very first set of dishes...I was about 12 years old when I purchased these with green stamps. Do you ladies remember green stamps? Hehe! If I remember correctly, they are ironstone "Providence"...there isn't a manufacturer's mark. Soooo...you can see that my dish fetish started at a very young age! I love the shape of these dishes...subtle elegance at its best! I used a dinner plate and salad/dessert plate.
*
I added a small cut glass fruit bowl. These little treasures also belonged to my mother-in-law!
*
 
*
I just love the look of white on white...with a little crystal thrown into the mix!!!
*
 
*
*
*
 
*
*
*
 
*
The Glassware...
*
The crystal goblet and small glass are both etched glass. Honestly, I don't know much about them...the name of the pattern, etc...but I love how the crystal and etchings reflect the light!
*
 
*
The Flatware...
*
Another family treasure...my mother-in-law's stainless flatware! Not sure of the pattern but I love that they look "frenchy"!
*
PS...just a little addendum...a fellow blogger let me know that this flatware is made by Oneida! Sure appreciated the information!!! Thank you, Liz!
*
*Addendum 2...after doing a little digging, I found out that this flatware is indeed maunufactured by Oneida in 1980 and the pattern is called Brahms!
*
 
*
Table Linens...
*
Okay...I must confess...the long table covering is really a new king sized flat sheet. As soon as I seen the colors and the beautiful damask pattern...my thought was to make it into a tablecloth. Bed linens are perfect for making table cloths because of their extra wide widths...especially if you want a tablecloth with some length to the sides! No seams!!!
*
I really do love the white damask pattern against the creamy off-white background! It just has an elegant look and I love the white glassware with it!!!
*
Dinner Napkins
*
The dinner napkins are a recent find from Target...from their Shabby Chic collection! Love the bright white and pretty lace edging! I'm using my silver teapot napkin rings...a sale purchase from Hobby Lobby! Each napkin ring has a different shaped teapot...so cute!
*
 
*
Would you care for a spot of tea?
*
Using one of my new lacy chargers as tray for tea...so pretty and so versatile! The ironstone tea/coffee pot is manufactured by J.G. Meakins and is called Classic White. The sugar and creamer...just plain ol' cut glass! Hmmm...I don't know what happened to the sugar and creamer that went with my white Providence dishes. I'm looking to purchase them or something similar...if anyone knows where I could find them...I sure would appreciate it!
*
 
*
Below is a photo that I created using one of Photobucket's photo effects called "sketch". It's the same photo that was pictured at the beginning of the post. Thought it turned out pretty!
*
*
There you have it..."A Summer's Ode"! I bid thee summer...a fond farewell!!!
*
Well my friends...are you ready for Autumn?
*
*
Today I am joining...
*
*
Thank you, Susan...for hosting this fabulous tablescaping party for us!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well my friends...thank you so much for coming by today!  I always enjoy our visits!  Please leave me a note and let me know that you were here...I would love to visit with you!
*
Warmest Wishes!





9 comments:

annies home said...

loved reading your beautiful post

The Tablescaper said...

Love that lacy charger. Thanks for hosting.

- The Tablescaper

Sarah said...

Gorgeous details all through this post. Wonderful! ~ Sarah

Frieda said...

Bonjour Chari,
When I read the "détails"
I dream to partcipate once on sunday's favorites
I would like it so much!
This page is wonderful because
we have many "souvenirs" on the same
table...So nice!
Have a beautiful sunday,
Frieda

Tins and Treasures said...

Greetings. Your dining room is beautiful and the white dishes are just lovely. Thank you for sharing this post again.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend. ~Natalie

Cindy said...

Beautiful table, dear friend, and I love the lacy charger and the white dishes, so beautiful.
Love and hugs, Cindy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I never, ever tire of your beautiful tables Chari! This was is simply gorgeous! You have the touch that so many of us try to get. I am still practicing!
I hope Russ is ok. I feel so bad about his kids moving. You will have to let me know where in Iowa, as it is right next door and maybe we could meet sometime when you visit.
Missin You,
Can't believe it's been a year since we were there!
Hugs,
Cindy

mzzbev said...

Simply gorgeous! I wish I had your gift of decor. Where in the world do you keep everything? I keep buying more dishes (for presentation) and I'm quickly running out of room! Thanks again for sharing your gift!! :)

Blogger said...

There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

It has been said that every bettor needs to look at this,

Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Advanced Sports Betting Software.