6/11/2011

Sunday Favorites...No. 104

*
Welcome to the 104th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click HERE.

~~~~~~
*
Hello my friends!!!
*
Welcome to the 104th run of "Sunday Favorites"
*
I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend!  Wow...it seems like "ages" since I have hosted a Sunday Favorites party!  As you know...my dear friend Gloria and her husband Len were here visiting last week... so I decided to cancel last weeks Sunday Favorites party.  Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.  Gloria and I had a fabulous time visiting! 
*
Summer is a busy, busy time for many of us!  It is the busiest time of the year for my family.  Honey has four weeks of vacation time that he takes during the summer.  So we are always off on a trip or just busy taking care of summer projects.  We are planning a camping trip to the mountains soon and I can hardly wait.  Camping in the Rocky Mountains is one of my favorite things to do!
*
Well dear friends, I hope that your summer has been a good one thus far.  Today for Sunday Favorites, I thought I would share a post from June 2010.  I hope that you enjoy!
* 
Have a super Sunday!!!
* 
**********
* 
Just a little note: Sunday Favorites Criteria
* 
When I first started the Sunday Favorites meme, my initial thought was to offer a solution for getting a post out on the weekend without having to spend alot of time doing so...weekends are just a busy time for most of us! Copying and pasting a previous post is so quick and easy. Not only is this a quick and easy solution to the busy weekends, but it's also an opportunity to dig back into our blog archives and share a favorite "past" post once again! Many of us spend alot of time and effort creating a post and it just seems a shame that it is viewed only once and then forgotten about!
* 
I would like to reiterate that Sunday Favorites is a meme about sharing or revisiting a post from the PAST!
* 
Thank you!!!

~~~~~~~~
*
Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!

Love ya'll,
Chari



*

Sunday Favorites

My favorite post from: June 21, 2010
*
**
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a marvelous Monday!
**
I have another busy week ahead. Honey is home for another vacation week...this week! I have sooo many things that I would like to get done...and need to get done, however I never really get anything accomplished when honey is home (just sayin')! Hehe!
*
I did go and pick a large bouquet of Colorado wildflowers to make a pretty centerpiece for my dining room table this weekend...thought I would share it with you today. These beautiful lavender/purple wildflowers are growing everywhere on our property. I think they are sooo pretty and I have found that they last a long time after cutting them and bringing them inside. The small budded white flowers remind me a bit of baby's breath...another wildflower growing on our property. They make for a pretty bouquet...don't you think?
*
*Wildflowers and a Simple Tabletop Vignette...
*
*
A large white ironstone pitcher so sweetly holds the wildflower bouquet.
*
I dug out an old sagey green crockware pitcher and placed it under my large cloche that is sitting atop a glass pedestal cake plate. Simple...but beautiful!
**
*
A close-up shot of the pretty wildflowers. I love how the light from the window is shining on them...showcasing the beauty of a simple wildflower bouquet!!!
*
*
*
*
Teacups Under Glass...
*
*On the opposite end of the table...another cloche. A white ironstone teacup and a couple of olive green transferware teacups are stacked and showcased "under glass"! Ahhh...simplicity...there is much to be said for it!!! A couple of embroidered "spring green" luncheon napkins...spoons...and one green apple share the spotlight...all placed upon a pretty lacy metal charger plate!
*
*And...Voila!...summer wildflowers and a simple tabletop vignette for my dining room table!!! I hope you enjoyed!!!
*
*
I am joining in Tabletop Tuesday....*
**
Thank you, Marty...for hosting this lovely Tuesday party for us! I always enjoy participating!!! Please go by and see what Marty has for us today...you won't want to miss it! Marty is one of the most talented...and sweetest ladies in all of Blogland...she is the "Queen of Vignettes"!!! I am always inspired by her creativity and talents!!!

Marty will also be hosting another cloche party on July 16th...so dust off those cloches ladies and get ready!!!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well my friends...I'm so happy that you stopped by today! Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here...I'd love to visit with you!!!
*


17 comments:

d e l i g h t said...

Hi, thanks so much for hosting this party! It's a pleasure!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Hey Chari...As always thank you so much for hosting. A weekly linky party is a lot of time and effort. Just want you to know I appreciate the opportunity to meet other bloggers. Have a happy Sunday...~Ann

Gina said...

Hi Chari, I love your wildflower bouquet. And the Chinese red walls are a beautiful backdrop. Thank you for hosting this wonderful idea.
Gina

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What a pretty past post, Chari! Beautiful wild flowers and I'm guessing you'll be looking forward to picking some again this year. I love them in the white pitcher!

bj said...

Thanks, Chari, for hosting.I know it takes time and energy to do a weekly meme.

Sonia said...

Well you know I just love flowers!! Such a pretty bouquet and I adore the teacups under glass!! Hope you are having a lovely summer!!

Miss Bloomers

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, you always do the best displays and vignettes. I love how you use your cloches and the flowers are just stunning. The apple is perfect. Hope you are doing super. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

Thanks so much for hosting!

- The Tablescaper

lanakwaustin@att.net said...

The wildflower bouquet in the ironstone pitcher are just beautiful!!!
You have such a gift for putting it all together soooooo beautifully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray that you have a blessed Sunday/rest of the week!

Hugs/blessings,
Lana In Italy

mzzbev said...

I wish I had your flower arrangements, they're always so beautiful and capture the season just right. I hope and pray to have a garden that grows all kinds of glorious flowers like yours :)

Love Of Quilts said...

Love the pitcher of flowers.So good of you to host this I don't know how you remember it. I can't. Trish

{oc cottage} said...

Oh, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those little purple flowers! They grew all around the little school we grew up by...our mom got SO many bouquets of them!!!
{and those green transferware dishes are fabulous!!!!;}

HAPPY SUNDAY!!!!!

m ^..^

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh darling Chari, I've miss you!! I know you were busy with guests and all. You're such lovely lady, yeah I do miss you when you're not blogging, but, here you are again! Thank you sooo much for your lovely, sweet and generous comments on my girls!! Lots of hugs and kisses! FABBY

Anonymous said...

I love the white pitcher with the flowers! I cut them close and keep flowers in Mason Jars.

Thanks for hosting!

outlook hosting said...

Beautiful!

Frieda said...

Bonjour Chari,
Thank you so much for your visit in
"my village" Smile...
I want to tell you that I love all your posts and I can stay for hours
in your wonderful world.
I love the déco and this Shabby chic that you are so talented to agence.
Thank you for sharing and have wonderful time with your family.

Frieda

janice15 said...

Helo Chari, good afternoon, I'm sorry it took so long for me to get back to you..Thank you so much for stopping by I apprecaite you time and kind words... things have been hectic and I don't have computer at home right now... Today I came to see my new granddaughter again and I had time to get on line with a Lap top... I'am new and are truly enjoying blogging as well just wish I could be online more often but soon..I will invest in a Lap Top of my own..I hope that you are having a wonderful weekend so far... I simply love your Rose room....I have those colors in my room as well but yours looks much prettier...have a wonderful evening ..love n hugs Janice...thank you again see you soon....hugs