Hello my friends! I hope that you're having a super Sunday!
I'm trying something a little different today. I thought that it might be fun to dedicate Sundays to a "re-run" of a favorite blog post!
I don't know about you but sometimes my weekends get pretty busy and I'm not always able to post...so participating in this fun little "Sunday Favorites" meme would be a "quick fix", so to speak, in helping to get a weekend post published! All you need to do is choose a favorite blog post and republish it! I for one, would love to share some of my favorites with you once again and I would just love to see some of yours as well!!! Keep in mind, that there are many new-comers to blog land that have probably never seen many of your posts! I know that each day I find new blogs and what may be "old news" to some...is brand spankin' new to me!!!
Information on how to republish a past post:
This is really quite easy to do!!! "Sunday Favorites" is all about keeping it fast and easy! There are two different ways that you can republish a favorite past post.
I. Decide on the post that you would like to republish...go to "edit posts" and find that particular post. Click on edit to open that post. Simply change the "Post Options" date from the original posting date to this Sunday's present date. (Post Options can be found in the bottom left hand corner of your Edit Posts.) It's really that simple...so fast and easy!!!
***Note: If you should choose to republish a post using this method, be aware that you will be moving the entire post to the present date. It will remove it from your archives or original posting date. Some of you may not mind if this is done...however, if you would like to keep the post you have chosen to republish...in your archives...you will want to follow method II.
II. This is the method of "republishing" a favorite post that I will be using...simply because I would like to keep the original post in it's original place in my archives.
1. First of all, decide which post that you would like to post again for "Sunday Favorites".
2. Go to "Edit Posts" and find that particular post.
3. Click "Edit"....this post should now be in edit mode.
4. Choose the "Edit Html" tab (the upper right hand corner). You will now see the HTML language or computer language that this post is written in. Simply copy the entire post.
***For those of you who may need direction in "how to copy"...simply left click at the beginning of the post...photos and all...and drag your mouse down the entire page...everything will be highlighted in blue! Right click on the highlighted blue area. You have just copied this post to your computer's clipboard.
5. Now you are ready to create your new post. Go to "Create" a new post.
Go to the "Edit Html" tab (the upper right hand corner) This has to be done in HTML mode! Now simply paste your copied past post. You can go back to "Compose" mode to check and see if all was copied correctly. There should not be any problems!!! And there you have it!!!
6. Now that you have created your past post once again....you can edit, add to, etc. as you wish! For instance...you may want to include at the beginning of your post...that you're are participating in "Sunday Favorites" , etc. It's just business as usual at this point. You can download the "Sunday Favorites" photo button!
Of course, I sure would appreciate you adding the "Sunday Favorites" button so you can link your favorite Sunday post back to my blog!!!
We'll all cross our fingers that this will all work out and be lots of fun!!! If you have any problems or questions...I will certainly be happy to help you in any way possible...although I have to admit that I'm definitely not a computer genius!
TEST RUN FOR MR. LINKY....
|1. Chari @Happy To Design|
3. Barbara Jean
|7. Marjorie Molly's country memories homeplace|
10. My Painting Room