6/27/2011

A "Pretty-n-Pink" Rose Tea...

*
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
Today I thought I would share a tea that I set out on my blue cottage veranda.  I actually created this tea table and took the photos last summer, however I never did a post.  I'm not sure what I was waiting for...hehe!  Anyway, I hope that you will enjoy it today!
*
A "Pretty-n-Pink" Rose Tea
*
*
Here we are...out on my blue cottage veranda.
*
I have set a "Pretty-n-Pink" Rose Tea today!  Won't you join me?
*
*
I decided to use a "Pretty-n-Pink" place setting today.
*
*
This pretty china teacup and saucer will work perfectly!
*
The china pattern is called "Roselet"...manufactured by Harmony House.
*
This beautiful set of china belonged to my late mother-in-law.  I have a six piece place setting for twelve.  I just adore the bands of delicate pink roses on this set of china!!!
*
*
I have also added a dinner plate to the tea setting...more pink and more roses!
*
This pretty-n-pink china is called "Norway Rose"...manufactured by Cunningham & Pickett. 
I love the soft shade of blush pink on the band...oooh...sooo pretty!  I think that these two china patterns compliment one another beautifully!
*
*
A lidded sugar bowl and cream pitcher from the Roselet china.
*
*
I am using one of my favorite teapots for this "Pretty-n-Pink" tea table today.
*
I found this little beauty at TJ Maxx for just $9.99.  I love, love, LOVE the delicate, three dimensional roses on the teapot!  A Norway Rose salad plate under the teapot brings a little more pink to the scene...and a pretty white metal charger plate called "Lace" works nicely for the tea tray! 
*
A "Pretty-n-Pink" Rose Tea Centerpiece...
*
One of my favorite things to do...is to create the table centerpiece!  I like to think of the centerpiece as a "table top vignette". 
*
A tall cloche on a pedestal plate, a pair of pearl candleholders, and a lovely "lady in blue" figurine...make up the table top vignette for this "Pretty-n-Pink" tea.
*
*
My "teacup cloche" is the star attraction!
*
I love how the stack of pretty teacups and saucers look under the cloche!  Do you see the roses at the base of the pedestal plate?  These pretty roses are made out of soap flakes!  I found a box of nine roses at the Dollar Tree.  Not only are they pretty...but they have a lovely scent as well!
*
*
*
*
*
Two pearl candleholders sit to the left of the teacup cloche.
*
A pearl-like glass mosaic and pearl beads decorate the bowl and bases of the candleholders.  I found these beauties at Hobby Lobby and have gotten miles of use out of them!
*
*
The lovely "lady in blue" figurine sits to the right of the teacup cloche.
*
*
She looks like she is dressed and ready for tea...don't you think?
*
*
The "Pretty-n-Pink" Rose Tea Linens...
*
I layered two crochet doilies on the tea table...a large ecru colored doily...with a smaller white doily on top.
*
Vintage Handkerchiefs and White Lace Tea Napkins...
*
I also layerd the tea napkins...a white tea napkin trimmed in lace and a vintage handkerchief makes for a pretty combo!  The silver basket holds more tea napkins.  I love the beautiful colors and designs on the vintage handkerchiefs...sooo prefect for a tea table!
* 
*
Silver teapot napkin rings for the tea napkins.
*
*
You can see a little bit of my blue cottage veranda in this photo. 
*
Last summer I gave the veranda a long, over-due makeover.  I sewed a new cover (top) for the swing and I made a quilt to place over the seat of the swing as well.  New pillows out of coordinating fabrics were made and frilly little chair slips to dress the chairs.
*
If you look closely...you will see a little cherub on the small table beside the swing!
*
*
This sweet little cherub is holding pearls and a pretty gold filigree brooch on the leaf!  Oh yes...and there are a few decorating books to look at while sipping tea!
*
*
*
*
*
And Voila...there you have it...a "Pretty-n-Pink" Rose Tea!  I hope you enjoyed!!!
*
*
I am joining these fabulous parties...
*
*
*
*
Thank you, dear ladies...for hosting these lovely parties for us!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well my friends...I am so happy that you came by today for a visit!  Please leave me a note and let me know that you were here...I would love to visit with you!
*
Warmest Summery Wishes!

49 comments:

Unknown said...

Just Beautiful Char! Love all of it! Hugs Marilou

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello Chari,
I love your tea table. All your china is so charming and special. But I cant get over that wonderful tea pot. Thank you for having me for tea.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

LOVE your tea table, Chari! The linens, the flaked soap roses, the cloche with teacups and the sweet little lady in blue; scrumptious, all of it! The china is very pretty and lends a summery look to your tea. Thank you for sharing your lovely teascape with Tea Time, my sweet friend. It is a pleasure having you join me. Wishing you a delightful day.

Blessings n' hugs,
Sandi

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, this is just stunning. Such a beautiful area and your teascape is gorgeous. I love the use of the cloche of course. You do set the prettiest tables and create such lovely vignettes. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Betty said...

What a lovely table you have set and a beautiful teapot.

Honey at 2805 said...

My friend, You blow me away with each and every post you do. Everything is always so beautiful with intricate details. It just a feast for the eyes!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

I can't beleive you haven't shared this lovely tea before! I love,love,love the handkerchiefs used as napkins.Those tea cups and the china are just beautiful.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Chari, oh my gosh.. this is one gorgeous table. Your teacups under the cloche dome is scrumptious...I adore the little one holding the jewelry...your attention to detail is incredible. hugs ~lynne~

we three dogs and me said...

Very pretty. Love it all

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Chari, What a pretty table and I also love the teapot! The dishes and teacups are bautiful.

Congrats, Chari! You are the winner of the french script pillow. I hope you love it as much as I do. Email me your address and I'll pass it on to Gathered Comforts. baubles1035@gmail.com
Hugs,
Sherry

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

What a gorgeous table! Stunning shots! Everything looks just perfect here. Lovely china....the tea pot is amazing:)
Hope to see on my blog:)

The French Hutch said...

hi Chari, What a charming veranda, and the perfect place for your Pretty-n-Pink Rose Tea. I'm sure your guest were happy to share this occasion with you. The china set your late MIL left to you is beautiful, and works beautifully with all of your other pieces. I'm so happy you remembered the photos you made so you could share this fabulous post.
Hope your week is great.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Blondie's Journal said...

Your dishes and linens are just beautiful, Chari. Love your statue and the pretty tea cups in the cloche! Everything looks so charming. You worked your magic again! :-)

XO,
Jane

Terri Steffes said...

I love the little cherub with the pearls! I think the linens are beautiful and I love pink dishes. So you must have had me in mind! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Chari! Oh, this is just gorgeous! Love your pretty pink dishes, those napkins, your tea cup cloche! Everything is so pretty.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Wow Chari! You just keep making prettier settings! Gorgeous!!! I love the cloche and beaded glasses. LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

It is beautiful...and I see MY candlesticks again....I know they are yours...but I pretend they are mine when I see them!!

mzzbev said...

Chari, please enter a patriotic/Americana post at my Patriotic Linky Party. I always enjoy participating in your "Sunday Favorites" :) Thanks!

Lori E said...

Tea cups really are little pieces of art I think. You always display them to their best advantage.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Your tea table is just charming and I really do love the colour of blue you've painted your tables.

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

What pretty-in-pink china! Your teacup cloche is great -- and I couldn't help but noticing your sweet linens! I'm having a Vintage Linen & Dish Auction July 21-25. I hope you'll stop by and check out my sidebar for more details.

Anonymous said...

Chari what a pretty table! I do love that cloche with those pretty cups in it!!! You always do such a fantabulous job on your tables!!!

I just saw that you won that gorgeous pillow!!! Can't wait to see where you put that pretty piece!!

bee blessed
mary

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Chari, Congratulations on your blog party win! Can't wait to see what you do with your treasure! This table is so pretty. Love the cloche centerpiece! Very clever! And I also love the pink rimmed plates with the rose center. Have a nice day. Linda

Karie said...

Chari,you are amazing. You have the knack for beauty. I so enjoyed viewing the beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing. Karie

Cindy said...

Hello sweet Chari,
What a gorgeous set of pink China and the teacup cloche is fabulous, I love it!!!
Your table looked lovely as usual, you have a touch for creating loveliness.
Hugs, Cindy

ā„³artina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Chari! I would love to join you for tea my friend! Martina

Love Of Quilts said...

Lovely! I like the pot you have your flowers in and the milk can you have painted white my mother had one that was painted black. Trish

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG!! Chari my dear girl! Your table is stunning, to say the least! Your china is gorgeous, want to be in that tea table with you! The tea pot is to steal it...!! (yeah, don't invite me)Love it all, the linens, the cloche with the tea cups, the flaked roses, all of it!! Everything exquisite lovely lady! Thank you for sharing tea with us. Love, Fabby

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Chari!
OMG that table-setting is truly magazine ready! Honestly girl you could sell these pics!
I love that china, the pearls, the tea-cups and the cloche!
It reminds me of being in England for an afternoon tea at a very expensive and beautiful home!
Do you and Russ have plans for the 4th? Dan and I are visiting some friends in Southern Wisc then maybe a little local celebration back home on Monday.
Miss Ya girl,
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Miss Char said...

Beautiful setting Chari, I'm always in love with things pink and that tea pot with the flower detail is just darling. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Lovely! :) I need to have a tea! :)

Thanks for the inspiration!

~Lliz

Snap said...

Everything is gorgeous, but I have to admit I'm salivating over the white tea pot with the roses!!! Happy Tea Day!

Michele Smith said...

Your tablescape is so pretty.

I am your newest follower!

Unknown said...

Chari. thanks for coming over and leaving such a nice comment. your table is pretty special as well love the beautiful Tea pot and all the china would love to sit and just look around. have a good evening

Pattie

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

The tea cups under the cloche are perfect. I would have never thought of that. What a treasured heirloom that china is too...my mom has white china with a pink rose in the middle...I just love it.I so enjoyed this post. Glad you finally got around to it! Also thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and for leaving such nice comments. I so appreciate it.

Mary said...

Chari~ This is delightful! I love your beautiful teacups under your cloche as a centerpiece and your tea-attending cherub, offering up pearls & a brooch and even decorating books!

Unknown said...

Chari,

Thanks for your visit and kind words. You're a sweet friend.

I just love this post. Your tablescape is so beautiful. Of course, they always are! You are one talented lady!

Come see me again soon. Love your visits!

Kathy

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Chari, it is bEAUTIFUL! I love the tea cups in the cloche! The vintage hankies are beautiful too. Love the big rose dinner plate too but the candle holders are amazing!!!!! It all looks wonderful! Hope you are having a great week!!!! XO, Pinky

Sonya said...

Querida linda mesa! Passei para agradecer a sua visita no meu cantinho.
Tenha uma noite abenƧoada.
Beijinho

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Everything looks stunning here as always! Your style inspires me :)
I'm a huge fan of your work.

My little blog has turned 'ONE' and...would request you to visit my site...anytime:)
Happy Forth of July!

~Sanghamitra.

JudyBug said...

What a lovely tea table. Two things immediately caught my eye...love the handkerchiefs for napkins. What a pretty pattern in the first picture. Also, the pearl candleholders...wow...I need those!!!

A Hint of Home said...

Very pretty setting for your pretty tea table. Your dishes are lovely!

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

Hi Lovely this is an amazing post,,i loveeee the table & specially the unique things,you are totally an awesome lady..Love you friend
Keep sharing nice stuff,i lost my bookmarks & i am visiting you after a few months & i was really missing you,well have an awesome weekend..
Lots of love..

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

I love that dreamy teapot... reminds me so much of Italian Capodimonte flowers... you have set a beautiful summer tea table. That delicate looking "lady in blue"porcelain figurine is perfect for this setting. And your teacup cloche is the star attraction indeed... it makes such a gorgeous focal point for your tea table... I love those cups inside! And Chari you did an amazing job with those swing cushions.. such a lovely paisley color and a perfect backdrop for your beautiful table. I'm totally in love with your pearl candle holders.. so delicate looking, so pretty! What a lovely idea to use those rose soap flowers at the base of the cloche. Enjoyed your lovely summery tea table,Chari. Thanks for having us over for tea... A Happy 4th to you!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Kay Little said...

Enjoyed your beautiful tea table...thanks for sharing!

Frieda said...

Bonjour Chari
A tea time happy to share
"Douce " and "Chramant"
I wish you a nice week-end
Frieda

Cass @ That Old House said...

OK, Chari, I LOVE this table setting ... but oh my oh my I do love love love that table itself. A blue table -- perfect! Did it "come" that way or did you create it? It's gorgeous!
You always make the most charming vignettes, and your pictures? Fabulous!
thanks!
Cass

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Char: Your post today is beautiful. I love the pearl candle holders. However, the tea pot takes the cake. It is stunning! Have a great day. Blessings, Martha

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice web site!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .
. I will bookmark your web site and take the feeds additionally?
I'm satisfied to find so many helpful information here within the put up, we'd like work out extra strategies on this regard, thanks for sharing.
. . . . .

my webpage ... natural cellulite treatment