6/09/2011

Visiting With Gloria!

*
*
Hello my friends...I hope that you're having a fabulous day!
*
Wow...it seems that I have been away from Blogland forever...even though it has only been a week!
*
  As many of you know, my dear friend Gloria from Happy To Be blog and her husband Len flew out from their home in California to spend a week with Russell and me.  Ohhhh my...we had the time of our lives!!!
**
I met Gloria nearly four years ago at HGTV's Rate My Space.  We hit it off from the very beginning...it's like we have always known each other!  During the past four years, Gloria and I have visited via the Rate My Space site and through our blogs.  We have emailed...phoned...and then finally last April...we met up in Las Vegas for the Rockabilly Weekend car show.  We spent five days together and had such a grand time!  Gloria and I have so many things in common...and even our husbands share common interests.  Len and Russ are both "car nuts"!  Hehe! 
*
So....I was elated when Gloria called about six months ago and said that they were planning a trip to Colorado to see us!

Gloria and Len...June 2011
*
Aren't they just the sweetest couple you've ever seen?  Okay...I have to tell you...nearly all of my photos of Gloria and Len are blurry!  I didn't realize it when I was taking the photos but I must of had my camera set weird!  Sheeesh...I just hate that!  I think Gloria and Len need to come back so I can get some better photos!  Wink!  They are standing in front of the fireplace in our living room for this photo.

Gloria is just "cute as a button"! 
*
This sweet gal is just a little bitty thing but I'm telling ya...she has a heart the size of Texas!  Gloria is one of the most genuine and "down to earth" people that I've ever met!  She just has "the gift" of making you feel comfortable and right at home!  She is the dearest, sweetest, and most gentle soul!  Gloria was "modeling" for this photo...she's soooo much fun!
*
Well...our guys had car shows to go to so Gloria and I spent the first four days of our visit at home.  We spent the days sitting out on the little blue veranda...chatting...laughing...crying...(you know, all the things that best friends do)!  And...I do believe that we drank a 50 gal. barrel of coffee!  Hehe!  It was GREAT!!!  I still stand amazed...to think that I have made such a precious friend...via the internet!  I know that many of you have also had the privilege of meeting some of your blogging friends...so you understand exactly what I'm saying.

Gloria and Len...Hobby Lobby...Ft. Collins, Colorado
*
Before Gloria and Len were to fly out...we drove into Ft. Collins, Colorado to spend a couple of days.  Ft. Collins is a two hour drive from our place and we call it the "big city"!  Remember...I am just a country girl!
*
The first thing we did was find a Hobby Lobby!  Gloria had never been to Hobby Lobby before and she was really excited!  You can see in the photo above that she was starting to do the "happy dance"!  Too cute!!!  Ohhh yes...and we found all kinds of goodies!!!  I honestly don't know how anyone can go to Hobby Lobby and come out empty handed!  Hehe!  Russ and I took Gloria and Len to our favorite Antique Flea markets too!  Yep...more goodies were found there as well!  As a matter of fact, Gloria and to purchase another suitcase to get all of her new "goodies" home!  (I told on you, Sis!...hehe!)
*
We really did have a blast!  Visiting...shopping...going out to eat...and spending time with my bestest friend...well it just doesn't get any better than that!  Thank you, Sis and Len...for coming all the way out to Colorado to see us!  We just had the best time ever!!!
*
Gloria...my pretty Sis!!!
*
Well dear friends...I'm so glad that you came by today!  I wanted soooo much to share our (Gloria and my) visit with you!
**
Have a wonderful day!

25 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

What a wonderful special visit you had...stories like this are what make blogland so special!

Jan

Debbiedoos said...

That is so awesome Chari! It is wonderful how the virtual world can bring together such wonderful friendships. Thanks for sharing.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hello!! Dear Sis, I just got up and seen your post..Girl I miss you sooo much you have not a clue..
Girl I have not even unpacked all my goodies yet ha ha!! I can't wait for you and Russ to come and see you girl..I miss our all day coffee talks also ha ha!! Love ya Sis and THANKS again for a great time at your beautiful home..Hugs and Love Gloria

lanakwaustin@att.net said...

She is absolutely adorable! It sounds like you guys had an amazing time and you deserve it--you're such a sweetie pie yourself!!!!!!
Hugs/blessings,
Lana

Lynn said...

That's so great Chari! Looks like you both had a fun visit:@)

Love Of Quilts said...

So good that you both have found someone you enjoy visiting with...I enjoyed your visit too. Trish

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What? No picture of you and Gloria together, Chari!? It sounds like you girls had a great time. I'd be doing the happy dance, too, if I got to visit a Hobby Lobby in person!

lvroftiques said...

Chari I'm absolutely green that you got to spend time with MY Gloria!! *winks*....I'm just kiddin' ya!! I'm really so happy that you two got a chance to get together again! Gloria is just beautiful!! And sooo tiny! And there's the handsome and mysterious Len *winks* Hi guys!!
Isn't it amazing that y'all met up on RMS all those years ago and found a best friend? I think pretty much anyone who meets Gloria feels that way! You're both such sweet and amazing ladies! I can't wait to see what treasures y'all found......Vanna

Sonny G said...

aww.. yes Gloria is a cutie patootie for sure and so is Len.. I am so happy they came to visit and ya'll had a chance to make memories.

xoxoxo
Sonny

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Sounds like ya'll had a fun time together.
Know what you mean about the pictures. I must have had mine on the wrong setting and many I took on a road trip recently did not come out.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Very sweet photos! We do make the best friends! ♥

Marilyn said...

I'm sure that you had the same twinkling eyes that we see in Gl♥ria's! It's amazing how the internet can bring people together in this huge world. ♥♫

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi Chari...

RMS is actually where I met both of you... :-) And, both of you are such sweeties.... I can see where you'd feel connected. Glad you had such a good time.

Huggies,
Spencer

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Chari, that is so wonderful that you 2 were able to have this wonderful visit!!!! I bet a week wasn't near long enough! Gloria looks like such a little sweetheart!!! Blogland (and before that, RMS) has brought me many special friends that I am forever grateful for...include yourself in there!!!!! Have a GREAT weekend. XO, Pinky

mzzbev said...

Yay! You're back, missed you but am glad you were able to have a good time with your buddy.

Cindy said...

I can see that you two had an amazing time together, it's so nice to find somebody that you have so much in common with and can share so much with and they understand you, they really get you. I can see that is the kind of friends you are.
I have made a wonderful friend via my blog and I sooooo want to meet her one day, but we live sooooo far away from each other. But, I am going to go see her one day and that is all there is to it.
Thanks so much for sharing this precious friends time with us.
I'm sure she is wonderful, but I can see why she loves you so much, you are a very warm, sweet lady yourself. And I'm sure you made them feel very much at home at your place.
Hugs, Cindy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
OOOH I am so happy for you two!
It was so fun to see this my dear!
That Gloria is so cute and so fun, just wish I could have been there to join you two!
Now when are you and Russ coming to see us? You know your invite is always good!
I bet Gloria just loved your beautiful home! I miss that beautiful home, wish I was heading back to see you this summer!
I started writing this earlier today and then Addison started crying and I just got back to it.
Oh yes, babysitting as usual.
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

What fun...glad you guys were able to get together and have such a great time.

Diann said...

How wonderful for you two! It looks like you had just a great visit together!

Sue said...

Chari- I'm very glad to hear that you and Gloria had a wonderful visit together. Isn't this world of blogging just an amazing thing? It can forge such great friendships and help create fun memories.
:-) Sue

Lori E said...

I remember when I first came across your blog and hers and I really thought you two were sisters. LOL. You had me going for a long time.
Of course you get a long so well. You are both the kindest, sweet people. A perfect match.

bj said...

Oh, I can just feel the good time coming right thru my computer screen. I am thrilled to death that you have made such a great friend. AWESOME...
She is a tiny little thing and so cute. I know she's full of fun...her postings show that.
xox bj

bj said...

I'll come back a little later to link for Sunday Favorites. :)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Chari, I am just so glad that the two of you had such a fabulous time. Gloria looks so happy in these photos, and I'm willing to bet you looked just as happy while you were with her. Oh, I bet you two found such wonderful treasures to buy. I agree, how can anyone go to HL and not come out with something! laurie

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Chari,

I am so very glad to see Gloria and Len. Len is looking well and I am thrilled. I prayed so heard for him when he became ill because i know Gloria would be so lost without this wonderful guy!

And Gloria looks fantastic!! I have followed her blog since I started blogging because I love her victorian style. That is why I can't beleive that I was not following you too! What the heck was wrong with me!!

Thanks for posting about your great time together!!

hugs,
Debbie