8/11/2008

Finally Formal..."All Dressed Up"!!!

Living Room "GoNe OLiVe"


In May I decided that our living room needed a "face lift"! I used Behr's "River Bank", a beautiful, rich, olive color on the walls. I was so pleased with the results! It's a "moody" color...and I like that...it changes throughout the day with the different lighting. The new olive really set off the deep red carpet and furniture! I replaced all the drapery rods...placing them as close to the ceiling as possible. The designers say that this will add vertical height to the room...which it did (I was so pleased)! I definitely can say that it brought a more formal look into the room (something that I was going for!) I purchased beautiful gold pinch-pleated drapes...along with cream colored shears for each of the two large windows and "puddled" the drapes out and onto the floor...I just adore how they look...so romantic!!! After seeing my living room in new color and new frock...it whispered to me to add new jewelry as well...hehe!!! So my hunt began for all new wall art and a few new accessories! At the end of the day...I say that she dressed up pretty nice!!!

2 comments:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

WOW!! This is so..pretty!! I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

Dont know how I missed this blog- your room is gorgeous. I love the colors and that table....I think you need to come over and help me figure out what I need to do to my place...really...it's not too terribly far....well...maybe alittle....teeny weeny far... :) mary