9/10/2011

Sunday Favorites...No. 116

*
Welcome to the 116th "Sunday Favorites" Party 


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!!
For more information on how to republish a past post just click HERE.

~~~~~~
*
Hello my friends!
*
Welcome to the 116th run of "Sunday Favorites"
*
I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend!  We are having another "beautiful weather weekend" here in colorful Colorado.  I'm spending a little time outdoors...just soaking in the sunshine and cooler weather!  With burgers cooking on the grill, moderate temps, and my honey here to share a leisurely weekend...well, it just doesn't get any better!!! 
*
  This week for Sunday Favorites, I thought I would share one of my "favorite" posts called "An Autumn Metamorphosis in the Dining Room"...originally posted on September 19, 2010.  I am also using this post to join in with a couple of blog parties;  Seasonal Sundays hosted by The Tablescaper and Metamorphosis Monday hosted by Between Naps on the Porch.  You will find their links are at the end of this post.  Please go by and pay them a visit...I know that you'll be glad you did! 
*
  Well my friends...I'm looking forward to seeing your Sunday Favorites posts this week and visiting with you!  You can sign up for the party at the end of this post!
*
Have a super Sunday!
Chari
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Sunday Favorites My favorite post from:
September 19, 2010
*
"An Autumn Metamophosis in the Dining Room"
**
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
Ahhh...Autumn! I love the changing of the seasons!
*
Everything is changing at my place! Not only are the greens of summer slowly giving way to the warm, golden hues of autumn...OUTSIDE...but the very same colors are changing INSIDE my home as well. This is true of my dining room at least. The light whites and bright spring greens that dominated my summer's decor have now given way to the warm, rich colors of autumn!
*
Welcome to autumn in my french country dining room!
*
*
Yes...the days are beginning to grow shorter, however the warm afternoon sun is still making its daily debut shining through the dining room window. I love how the rays of the sun look shining through the gold draperies...spilling upon the window bench and pillows!
*
Just a couple of weeks ago...this little window bench was dressed in green! A row of fluffy white and spring green pillows could be seen. Now...enter the golds, reds, and warm toasty browns!
*
*
*
*
*
Autumn leaves and brown willowy grass now fill a gold pitcher. Sitting upon the white column...they make a grand statement that autumn has arrived!!!
*
My Summer China Hutch...
*
*
The light whites and spring greens of summer on display in my china hutch...
*
*have given way to...
*
the warm, rich shades of autumn.
*
My Autumn China Hutch...
*
*
My very first "act" of autumn...was to change out the dishes in my china hutch.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The darling little toile bird that seems to be sitting upon a nest of red, green, and gold ribbon and trim...is actually a tassel!
 Kristen from Kristen's Creations made this beautiful tassel! I love it and it really dresses up my china hutch!
*
*
*
*
*
You know...I really do love my white and green dishes but it's so sweet
to be able to bring out my autumn dishware to enjoy for awhile as well!
*
**
Yes...autumn has found its way into my little french country dining room! I'm enjoying the warm, rich colors of the new season! (Ps...my next little project is to find some pretty fabric to cover the back of my china hutch. Ahhh...a girl's work is never done! Hehe!)
*
Update...September 10, 2011:  I have actually covered the back walls of my hutch since I originally posted this.  I found the prettiest toile scrapbooking paper.  If you would like to see how my hutch turned out...just click HERE.
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Besides hosting Sunday Favorites,
*I am also joining these lovely parties today...
*

Seasonal Sunday party...hosted by The Tablescaper.
*
**
Thank you so much, dear ladies...for hosting these lovely parties for us to enjoy!
*
*Warmest autumn wishes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Sunday Favorites
Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!
*
*
***Just a little note: Sunday Favorites Criteria***
*
When I first started the Sunday Favorites meme, my initial thought was to offer a solution for getting a post out on the weekend without having to spend alot of time doing so...weekends are just a busy time for most of us! Copying and pasting a previous post is so quick and easy. Not only is this a quick and easy solution to the busy weekends, but it's also an opportunity to dig back into our blog archives and share a favorite "past" post once again! Many of us spend alot of time and effort creating a post and it just seems a shame that it is viewed only once and then forgotten about!
*
I would like to reiterate that Sunday Favorites is a meme about sharing or revisiting a post from the PAST!
*
Thank you!!!
*
*

22 comments:

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Hello my dear bloggy friend. What a beautiful hutch chock block full of detail to attention and overflowing with love. You truly do love to design because it shows in everything you do. I love that stack of Fall plates. I made a promise to myself - NO MORE PLATES THIS YEAR! It has been really really tough but I have prevailed. LOL I have a really hard time this time of year because I love Fall so much. Thank you for sharing your lovely hutch transformation. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Barb

Unknown said...

Chari,

Everything looks so warm and welcoming. I love this time of year. You have everything decorated so beautifully!

Have a great weekend!

Kathy

Marlis said...

Love your subtle changes to fall. I love the dishes in your cabinet. Your home is quite lovely.. xo marlis

Natasha in Oz said...

Thanks for having me today Chari. It's always wonderful to re-read your previous posts as I always get so much inspiration from you!

Best wishes for a wonderful week,
Natasha.

xinex said...

Love your hutch display, Chari. Your plates are so pretty....Christine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
Oh dear girlfriend! Everything in this post is stunning and is the perfect example of fabulous decorating!
I love your HOME! Have I ever told you that? hehe.
WEll it is simply gorgeous because you have the best decorating eye around!
Having a low key weekend just babysitting as usual.
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Tonya said...

Ooo, I LOVE your fall dishes!!! The bird cups are my favorites...I love birds in fall as much as spring!! VERY pretty and cozy!!! Thanks for the fun link party as well.

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Chari - I was going to say you're braver than I...already having jumped into fall, then I remembered that this was last year's post. Your china cabinet looks beautiful. Since I'm still very new at blogging, I'm seeing that posts like yours are helping me to move into fall without too much complaining. Very pretty!

Mostly Food and Crafts said...

I love fall and your home is ready for it. Everything is beautiful!

Shannon@Cozy Home Scenes said...

Chari, your fall decor is really pretty. I like the deep colors of the dishes and other things. You have done a fabulous job creating a warm cozy living space. Shannon

Ivy and Elephants said...

Never try to post to a party while holding a 2 month old, lol!
Thanks so much for hosting and sharing your lovely fall design. What you did with the hutch is genius and those dishes are to die for!!
Hugs,
Patti

Diann said...

Hi Chari!
All your pretty Autumn touches just really sets the mood for Fall! Everything is beautiful. I love the rich warm colors. They are all so inviting! Have a wonderful day!

jennifer black said...

This is a wonderful idea--that I just found while blog surfing.

P.S. What an amazing house you have!

claudia b said...

Thank you so much for hosting - I LOVE your autumn hutch!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a beautiful autumn hutch! The plates you've used for decoration of them are perfect, such beautiful wine color to them and all the details and attention you've put to create this beautiful fall display!! Thank you for hosting lovely lady, I love this party! God bless you!
FABBY

Gypsy Heart said...

Hey sweet lady,
Fall is my favorite season ~ especially after the brutal summer heat we've had. Anway, I wanted to drop by and see what lovely creations you have. As expected, just gorgeous! Would love to sit down and have a chat with you in this beautiful area.

Hope you have a wonder*filled week!

xoxo
Pat

Lynn said...

You are so sweet and talented! I keep being busy and distracted and diffused (Paul Simon) to get my act together for Sunday Favorites! Maybe NEXT Sunday?

Frieda said...

Chari
I love that sun entrering in your house from the window
I love that place
Have nice time
Frieda

Theresa said...

I love it all but that bench in front of the window is my favorite! I have always loved the shelf over the window:) Have a blessed day dear Chari, HUGS!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I'm new to your blog via Metamorphosis Monday, & I love what I'm seeing! I simply must follow anyone who is as passionate about Fall and the colors as I am, so I'm your newest follower. The china hutch looks beautiful, & I love that you used scrapbook paper to cover the back wall. Your dishes are scrumptious!
:) CAS

The Tablescaper said...

Sorry I didn't make the party in time. I was away for the weekend.

Love your transition to Fall - even the china cabinet gets changed. Very impressive.

- The Tablescaper

Blogger said...

Did you know that you can shorten your long urls with Shortest and earn money from every click on your short urls.