12/10/2008

Christmas Greetings from the Lamberts!


Ho...Ho...Ho...and Merry Christmas!!! As the days go by...it's beginning to feel alot like Christmas! Here in Colorful Colorado the weather is cold...there is a skiff of snow on the ground and the cold blustery winds are blowing! I almost hated to open our back door to get this photo...hehe! This was one of those wooden door plaques...I bought it unfinished so I could "customize" the paint treatment...hehe!!! Actually...I really bought it because I love to paint and do crafts! So I guess I customized it after all...hehe!!! I fell in love with it the moment I saw it because of the dangling stockings...there were three...just enough for our names!!! I always hang this little Christmas plaque on our back door for the Holiday season!


~~~The Three Nutcrackers~~~

Hehehe...I love my little nutcrackers...I've always found something very whimsical about them! These three very proud fellows are sitting atop our frig! I really do have a little story about them. Three years ago, Russell & I went to Europe for our honeymoon...we traveled through five countries...Switzerland, Austria, Germany, France, and Italy. So when I found these little nutcrackers...I just had to have em'! They reminded me of our trip and the beautiful countries that we visited! As you can see...one of the nutcrackers is German, one is French, and the last one is Italian...hehe!!!
*


Nutcracker Klaus

First of all, I'd like to introduce you to Klaus! Oh...he said to tell you Guten Tag! (Hello) Klaus is from Bavaria. Bravaria is a region in southern Germany! Klaus loves his pretzels and beer...hehe!!!

*



Okay...I have to show you a photo of Russell and I while we were in Bavaria. In the background is Schloss Neuschwanstein (Neuschwanstein Castle). It may look familiar to some of you...Disney's castle was modeled after it! It was also used in the movie, "Chitty, Chitty...Bang, Bang"! I just loved that movie...hehe! We spent several days traveling through Bavaria...the countryside was so beautiful!!!





Nutcracker Jean Claude
*
May I introduce you to Jean Claude. Jean Claude is from Paris, France! Oh my, watch out for Jean Claude...he's quite the ladies man. What is that you said, Jean Claude? Oh...Jean Claude said, "Bonjour Mademoiselle...Enchante!" (Hello Miss...pleased to meet you!) Did you notice Jean Claude's little Napoleon-like vest?
*



Here is a photo of lil' ol' me...at the Louvre in Paris, France! I loved, loved, loved the Louvre!!! It really was a dream come true for me! Why just look at the fabulous architecture! I have to tell you that I probably spent more time studying the grand buildings...inside & out...than I did the great masterpieces!




Nutcracker Benito
*
And last but not least...Please meet Benito...Benito is from Venice, Italy! He is a gondolier. Oh, oh okay...Benito says, "Buon giorno, Signorina! Piacere! Mi chiamo Beni." (Hello Miss...I'm pleased to meet you...I am Beni!) His nickname is Beni...short for Benito!
*



This photo was taken of Russell & I in Venice, Italy. Venice is truly amazing! We only spent a couple of days there...I want to go back! I loved the shopping in Venice. Let me remind you that Murano glass is made on a nearby island...and the Venetians are also know for their fine lace and linens!




Well my friends...it's been fun! I hope that you enjoyed meeting my three little Nutcrackers! Thank you for letting me share a few photos of Russell & I in Europe! Have a wonderful day and Merry Christmas! What Klaus? Oh Klaus would like to wish you a Frohliche Weihnachten....Jean Claude says, "Joyeux Noel" too...and Beni chimes in..."Buon Natale!"



Merry Christmas!!!
Love ya'll,

12 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Enjoyed meeting the nutcrackers and seeing the pictures of you in Europe. I, too, loved the Louvre. Before I saw it, I always wondered why they stuck the Pei glass building with that beautiful old Palace. But, once I was there, I began to like it and understand the beauty a little better. What did you think of the Pei part? Sally

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Thanks for taking me along the tour of your honeymoon..lol and the nutcrackers. I have a collection of nutcrackers..but none that I know of that came from over seas...What treasures you have.. You are a dolly....and your hubby is certainly a cutie for sure...hugs ~lynne~

Melissa Miller said...

Aw Chari, You two are so cute together!
Lovely photos. I love that castle. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Sue said...

Hi Chari! Loved your nutcrackers stories and your pictures of your honeymoon! I'm so impressed, plus I feel like a doofus for never being out of the country and for never attempting to spell all those foreign words you spelled here! LOL!! Yes I am impressed!! Looks like you had a fabulous time and hope you do get to revisit those places again soon! xoxoox

Bo said...

Hi Chari...I wish I'd been as smart as you when we went to Europe in '06 and had picked up ornaments for rememberances! Darn, guess that means I've got to go back...come on Lottery! LOL
;-) Bo

imjacobsmom said...

Thanks for sharing your nutcrackers and your pictures of Europe. I am so jealous. I would love to travel there I am such a weinie I probably will never get there unless they can beam me there like Star Trek. I like to live vicariously through all my bloggy friends. ~ Robyn

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh sweet friend I am so glad to see you post again..How lucky that you and Honey got to go to Europe I always wanted to do that girl..Loved all your nutcrackers they are just so Christmas...as always you did a wonderful jub decorating Chrai and just love you to death dear friend..and you looked so beautiful and Happy on your moon girl!! thank you for coming by today I always love to see you girlfriend..hugs and smiles Gloria

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Chari...I love your door plaque! How nice that it had the "just right" number of stockings! And your nutcrackers are charming, too. I must say that Jean-Claude is appropriately named..lol...I know a Jean-Claude who fits that description! Loved seeing your photos!...Debbie

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What a cute post, and a language tutorial too! Love your little sign on the back door, and I (you're not going to believe this) also have a nut cracker collection, so I enjoyed meeting all of your foreign nutcrackers. Really enjoyed the pix of your honeymoon! laurie

xinex said...

Oh Chari! Thanks for sharing those lovely pictures of you and Russell with us. You are making me jealous, I feel like traveling again and especially going back to Paris! Love those nutcrackers!...Christine

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Good morning my friend.. Thanks for swinging by and taking a look at the kitchen..I hope you enjoyed the visit as much as I did having you..Hope things are well your way..are you all getting snow? Alot of others are. WE have sun today..sure looks great to see it shining...have a super day my friend..hugs ~lynne~

lvroftiques said...

Chari I loved meeting your nutcrackers but I really LOVED the pictures of you and your sweetie!! What a perfect looking couple you two make! Like a set of bookends *winks* Wasn't Venice the most wonderful place for pictures? I felt like every 5 steps was a photo op!! Vanna