12/19/2009

Welcome to the 35th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click on the "Sunday Favorites" info photo in the sidebar of my blog.

~~~~~~

Hello my friends!

Welcome to the 35th run of "Sunday Favorites"!!!

** I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend! Ohhh my...what a busy week it has been with all of the activities and festivities of Christmas!!! This coming week will be devoted to Christmas baking and candy making...sooo much fun! Actually, I'm not doing quite as much this year since it will just be honey and I and the two children! It will be a fairly quiet Christmas, nevertheless, I am looking forward to it! Are you ready for Christmas? There are only 5 days days left to tie up all the loose ends! Hehe! Blogland has certainly been busy too! I have really enjoyed visiting and looking at everyone's fabulous Christmas decor, craft projects, and special Christmas recipes!
*
Well my friends...this will be the last Sunday Favorites before Christmas. I would like to send each and every one of you and your families my warmest wishes and Christmas blessings!!! May the Lord richly bless you with good health, sweet family gatherings, and all that you have need of this Christmas!!! You each mean so much to me and I count you as one of my greatest Christmas blessings!!!
*
Merry Christmas, my dear sweet friends!!!
**
Well my friends...have a super Sunday! Thank you so much for coming by today!

~~~~~~~~

Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink to Mr.Linky and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!

Love ya'll,
Chari






Sunday Favorites

My favorite post: August 30, 2009


It's A Blue Mosaic Monday...
With an Update!

Hello my friends! It's time for Blue Monday with a blue mosaic! Blue Monday is hosted by our very own Sally over at Smiling Sally. Thank you, Sally for hosting Blue Monday! Please drop by Sally's and see the beautiful blue that she has for us today and while you're there...please visit the other Blue Monday participants!

For today's Blue Monday post...I created a mosaic so that I could join in the mosaic party hosted by Mary over at Little Red House. Mary, thank you so much for hosting Mosaic Monday...I've had so much fun making photos mosaics!!! You won't want to miss Mary's fabulous mosaics that she has created for us today...please pay her a visit and check out all of the other mosaics created by participating bloggers!


............Ahhhh....The Blues of Provence!!!
**
*

Ohhhh....those beautiful frenchy blues!!!
*
All of the photos in the mosiac that I created were taken in Provence, France (photos courtesy of the internet). Provence is a region of southeastern France on the Mediterranean adjacent to Italy. I have had the privilege of traveling through this beautiful region...ohhhh so beautiful! When I think of Provence...I think of the famous European/French painters...like Paul Cézanne who was born in Aix-en Provence. Other well known artists...Renoir, Matisse, Picasso, and even Van Gogh spent time painting in Provence! And...what did so many of their famous works from this region...have in common?
*
BLUE!!!...the soft baby blues of the sky...the aqua blues of the water...the vibrant blues of the provencal linens ...and the earthy blues of the grapes! * *
*
Sooo many fabulous frenchy shades of blue!!!
*
Isn't it funny...when I think of France...I think of blue....
and I think of the fleur de lis!!!
*
~~~~~~
*
My New Frenchy Blue China
*

Lamberton Fine China
*
Ohhhh...I am so excited to share with you today...my new fabulous frenchy find! This beautiful blue china was manufactured by Lamberton China USA and the pattern is called "Puritan".
*
**
Photo of the manufacturers mark...
*
*
History of Lamberton Fine China
*
*I was really curious...I had never heard of this china manufacturer before so after doing a little research...this is what I found. Lamberton Works was founded in Trenton, New Jersey along the Delaware River in 1869. Later purchased by Maddock Pottery Company, and then by Scammel China Company in 1901. Scammel continued to use the Lamberton name on some of the pieces. Lamberton china is considered fine-grade semi-porcelain and avidly collected.
**
I was doing a little "window shopping" on ebay a couple of weeks ago and ran into this beautiful china. It was love at first sight!!! I love, love, LOVE the pretty fleur de lis and laurel garland....Ohhhh, and the beautiful shade of blue!!! To me...it just doesn't get more "frenchy" than this...blue and the fleur de lis!!! A fruit basket surrounded by laurel garland can be seen in the center of the plates. There is just a hint of yellow on the fruit and tips of the laurel.
**
*

A close-up...
*
I found six bread and butter plates for a total of $9.00.
and
six dinner plates for $8.00 ea.
*
I thought this was an extremely great deal...considering the bread and butter plates sell for $9.99 ea. at China Replacements Ltd. The dinner plates sell for $29.99 ea. Now I'm looking for other pieces to complete this pattern! In the meantime, I can use them with my white ironstone. *
*

A couple of great books...especially if you like French Country decor.
*
*

"Country French Living" by Charles Faudree.
&
"Creating the French Look" by Annie Sloan.
*
*

*
...Now for the Update...

A couple of weeks after I found the Lamberton "Puritan" china with the beautiful blue "fleur de lis" on them...I found another set of Lamberton China on ebay...and just had to have them!!! Ohhhh...they are soooo beautiful!!!

*
*

Up for auction was a set of six dinner plates...I only paid $15.00! I just couldn't believe my good fortune...just look at these beauties!!!

I just love the beautiful "french" blue banding...and ohhhh...look at the gorgeous gold gilding! I adore the frenchy scrolled pattern!!!
*


Close-up of the beautiful gilded scrolls!
*

The ebay listing mentioned that this was a very "rare" pattern. I'm wondering...I have searched and searched the internet (including China Replacements Ltd.) to no avail. I cannot find this pattern anywhere. If anyone knows anything about it...I sure would appreciate you letting me know!
*
This is the manufacturers mark on the back of the china...it is definitely Lamberton China but it doesn't have a pattern name???



Now...for the sweet reveal!!!
*
*
*
The photo above pictures the new Lamberton china dinner plate with a bread and butter plate from the Lamberton "Puritan" pattern.
*
I just couldn't believe that they both had the exact same color of french blue banding...and if you look...you'll see that the Puritan "fleur de lis" pattern has the gold gilded bands around its edges!
*
These two patterns just look like they belong together...don't they?
*
I was so excited when I found this second set of dinner plates on ebay!!! Now I can mix and match them for a tablescape!!!
*
*

Ahhhh...those frenchy provencal blues!!!
*
I just love it!!! I can't wait to set a french table with my new china!!!
*
*

The two Lamberton China dinner plates...side by side!

*
~~~~~~~~~~~
**
Well my friends...thank you so much for coming by and taking a peek at my newest "treasure find"...I was so excited to share them with you!!! Don't forget to go by Sally's place for Blue Monday and Mary's for Mosaic Monday!!!
*
*
Love ya'll,
Chari

13 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
I remember when you posted this and how I loved these two sets of china! Well, I still do and what an awesome deal too! I love the frenchy blues, and your Mosaic is truly gorgeous! Blue is and will always be my favorite color! Thank-you for the oh so kind and sweet note! We are very busy like everyone else getting ready for Christmas! Hubbies family are coming on Christmas Day and we will have about 30 people. Dan and I shopped today and will spend the next few days cleaning, shopping etc. etc.! I am missin my son Joshua in AZ, and I know you are feeling the same about your kids! Hugs, I will be e-mailing you soon! Cindy

BonjourRomance said...

Merry CHristmas Chari!
I love your Frenchie Blue china! They two sets look fabulous together - they were waiting for you.
I know just what you mean about all our blogger friends being Christmas blessings, you have a wonderful attitude and I always feel better after visiting with you.
Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas my friend!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey Girl friend...I hope your having a fun date with honey ha ha!! Girl I haven't had a date nite since Wally died sighs...Loved seeing your beautiful china once again...and it sounds like your week is going to be like mine...I'm about ready to toss a match to my kitchen girl...Only a few more batches of cookies to go and I'm done YAHOO!!
Oh girl I tokk those place mats back yesterday and did get the toile ones...THANK you so much...Now I need to play with the dishes again ha ha!! That is if I ever go back to my kitchen again after all this baking ha ha!! Love ya sweet girl...and I'm all hooked up for my do-all post....Thanks again...Mountain hugs to you my sweet friend....Gl♥ria

Martha said...

I remember this post, too! I loved both of your sets of china and couldn't believe how pretty they were together. I love the blue and gold plates!

I'm reprising my Christmas card post . . . because this year I"m working on them NOW -- not the first of the month!

Merry Christmas to you!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Hi Chari!

What beautiful china! LOVE IT!

I hope you and your family have a very happy and safe Christmas! I'll be doing the same thing this week...baking...baking...baking!

Enjoy all the many blessings we are so fortunate to have!

Big 'ol Christmas Hugs to you!!

Diann :)

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Chari, Such gorgeous china! I think this is so much more interesting and more beautiful than if you had found the exact same pattern. They are soooo beautiful together! So glad you reposted this because I missed it the first time around. Have fun with all your baking and candy making. But most of all, enjoy your family! Love to you,
Susan

Theresa said...

Oh Chari! Beautiful blues.... love the china. Frenchy blues:) sweet! Hope your Sunday is extra special! Stay safe and warm, dear friend!

Barb said...

Chari, these are so beautiful.....my, my, my!!!!! Gorgeous.

Merry Christmas to you, sweet girl. May God richly bless you and your family.

Hugs, Barb ♥

bj said...

This is so wonderful...and I do remember it.
I would love to play with you on Sundays but I've not quite figured out how to post an older post without copying all the comments left the first time around. Once I know how to do that, I will surely come over and play some !! :)
Merry Christmas...
xo bj

Gypsy Heart said...

Just beautiful! The china looks so elegant...just like the rest of your home & decor. Thanks so much for sharing since I didn't see this the first time around.

I hope you & your loved ones have a very Merry Christmas and sending best wishes for an abundant new year.

xo

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Chari,

I remember this post and how I loved that Frenchy blue china of yours. Just beautiful! Merry, merry Christmas!

Christi @ A Southern Life

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Thank you for coming by my Dear friend...Your he best girl...love ya sis...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

{oc cottage} said...

THAT is such gorgeous china!!! WOW!

m ^..^