12/06/2009

My Faux Fireplace...The Christmas Finale!

*
*
It's Metamorphosis Monday &
My Faux Fireplace...The Christmas Finale!
*
Hello my friends...I hope that you had a wonderful weekend!
*
Well...it's Monday and we all know what that means...it's time for Metamorphosis Monday! This fun filled Monday meme is hosted by our very own Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch!
*
Thank you, Susan for hosting Met Monday for us...I always enjoy seeing all the beautiful metamorphosis around Blogland on Monday's! Please go by Susan's and while you're there you will find a list of all the other Met Monday participants!
*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
My Faux Fireplace Project
*
Well my friends, I have posted about my faux fireplace project on Met Monday's for about three weeks now. I know that many of you have already seen the post that I am sharing today, however I thought it befitting to share it again for Met Monday...as the finale...so to speak!
*
If you are interested in seeing how my faux fireplace evolved you can...
*
Click HERE to see Part I
Click HERE to see Part II
and you can click HERE to see Part III
*
and now...for the finale...
*
A Christmas Mantel*

*
Christmas 2009 at Happy To Design
*
Hello my friends! It's time to let the Christmas decorating begin!
*
The Christmas decorating has just begun at my house! I love Christmas...it's my favorite holiday of the year!!! I just can't wait to dig into all my boxes and start decorating! Ohhh boy...there is sooo much...it's almost overwhelming! I mean...what to put where? Hehe!
*
*Brand New Faux Fireplace
*
One of the things that I have been most excited about this year...as far as Christmas decorating goes...is being able to decorate my brand new faux fireplace mantel! I just finished the faux fireplace project this past month and I've just been "bitin' at the bit" to decorate it for Christmas! Hehe!
*
A Christmas Mantel

*
Ta Da!!! And...here it is...in all of its Christmasy glory!
*
Creamy White and Gold Elegance
*
As you can see...my living room is done in shades of olive green and deep reds with accents of gold. I really do love these deep, rich colors and they are very conducive for Christmas decor! Because of the deep shades of red and olive green...I thought it would be pretty to use a soft creamy white and gold for the Christmas decor in this room!
*

*
A Christmas Mantel
*
The mantel was my beginning point and primary focus for the living room!
*

*
The "How To's" of Layering the Mantel's Decor.
*
1. I placed a pine garland with white lights entertwined throughout the garland on top of the mantel allowing about 2 ft. to hang over each end.
2. Gold ribbon with flocked white trees was entertwined amongst the garland. I found this pretty ribbon for just a dollar at Dollar Tree.
3. Gold reindeer were placed at each end of the mantel. These pretty reindeer were 50% off at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago for $12 ea. Oooh...I just love the pretty filigree cut-work in the sides of the reindeer!!!
4. After placing the reindeer on the mantel...I decided it needed more so I "shopped" my house! Hehe! I found three chunky gold candleholders...and a decorative gold finial. I placed them behind the reindeer and it was just what it needed...lots of "layering" going on here!
5. For the centerpiece, I used a frenchy looking "Noel" sign that I purchased last year at Hobby Lobby's after Christmas sale...it was 90% off and only $4. It's a sizable piece standing 12 in. tall...just perfect for the mantel centerpiece!
6. Then I just scattered a myriad of gold ornaments throughout the Christmas mantel vignette.
7. Last but not least...I added a few creamy white poinsettias to the mix. The poinsettias brought in the creamy white that I had envisioned for the mantel vignette.
*
And...Voila!!! An elegant gold and white mantel!
*

*

*
A Christmas Mantel "All Aglow"!

* The next few photos are "night shots". This mantel really is soooo pretty at night with the Christmas lights that are entertwined throughout the garland turned on!
*
I didn't have much success with getting good night photos. I'm not sure how that is done?
*

*

*


*


* Decorating the Hearth

* Honestly...I have changed the decor of the hearth several times...this is what I ended up with and I'm still "tweaking" it! Hehe!
*

*
Jesus is the Reason for the Season!

You know...with all the fun of Christmas...the decorating, the gift exchanging, etc., the real reason for the season is Jesus!!! I love it all but I fear that our world has taken this momentous occasion...when we celebrate the birth of our dear Savior...and so commercialized it! My desire is to celebrate Jesus' birth and to bring Him glory in all that I do!!!

Do you see this very large, thick book (underneath the candles)? It is a very, very old family Bible that belonged to my husband's family! The first recordings of family births, baptisms, and deaths upon the old pages were made in the mid 1800's. This is truly a family heirloom...a treasure!!! I wanted to place it on the fireplace hearth...for Jesus is the reason that we celebrate Christmas in our home!!!
*

On top of the old family Bible...I placed an old french table tray filled with gold and creamy white candles...a few little pearl berries can be seen twirling around the candles.
*


My little french girl bust has also joined the hearth's decor...ahhh, so serene!
*
I also added a couple of tall decorative iron candleholders with white pillar candles...to each side of the hearth. I just wrapped each pillar candle in a pretty creamy white Christmas ribbon...just letting a long length of ribbon hang down in front of the candleholders.
*

*
Well my friends...there is still yet sooo much to do at my place! I guess I better get busy for Christmas will be here before we know it!

I'm really looking forward to Marty's Cloche Party this Friday...I'll be sharing a little more of my living room Christmas decor then. In the meantime, have a fabulous time decorating and enjoying this precious Christmas season!!! I'm so happy that you came by today!!! Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here...I'd love to visit with you!!!

I am joining up with Susan over at Thoughts From Over the Rainbow...for her "Deck the Halls Tuesday" party! You'll have to go and pay Susan a visit...she has some of the prettiest Christmas decor going on over at her place...you won't want to miss it!!! And...while you're there, you will find a list of all the other party participants! Thank you, Susan...for hosting "Deck the Halls Tuesday" for us...what a treat!!!

Love ya'll,

Chari

39 comments:

Blue Creek Home said...

Girl! It is absolutely gorgeous!!
The fireplace was such a great idea.
It will serve you well for many years to come!
And you rocked the decorations!!
RHonda

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Chari...it's lovely! So classic and elegant! I love all the layers of cream and gold! And I love the vignette on the hearth! That family Bible is a real treasure! Of course, you know, I think that little French girl is the perfect addition! Have a wonderful week!...hugs...Debbie

Lori said...

It's so very pretty! I just love your faux fireplace! The mantel is just beautiful!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Chari,
Oh, I'm so happy for you. What a beautiful fireplace! I have been wanting one for a few years now and I'm still waiting. Yours is beautifully decorated too. Very nice photos. Love the family bible. Thanks for sharing and enjoy a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kammy said...

Wow, the unveil was even prettier then I imagined ! So rich .....you decorated it well ! What fun !
Hugs ~ Kammy

Kat said...

Chari, this is gorgeous. The gold and cream colors were perfect with your living room decor. I think my favorite detail are the strands of pearls scattered throughout, just a lovely touch! And the family bible is wonderful, what a priceless treasure. Enjoy your fireplace, it is beautiful! Kathy

Sonia said...

Hi Chari,

I saw your post earlier but still enjoy looking at that beautiful mantel again! What a fabulous job you did. The color of your walls in that room are so pretty! You did good girl! Hope you are enjoying the holidays! Miss Bloomers/Sonia

Kelee Katillac said...

The mantel looks fab!

Just a beautful job!!!

Stop by!

love, kelee

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Wow! That fireplace is gorgeous! I didn't know they made them that beautiful. I have to go back and look through the series of steps it took to get it. We already have one..but I would love to see it go in.
You decorated your mantel beautifully!! I need to go back and check out all the tiny itty bitty details a second time. :) I do that you know! I tippy toe around and check things out over and over and you have NO idea I am even there! :)
Hugs!
Mona

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Chari...
Ok...I did my homework and read all the previous posts on the installation of the fireplace and..you are amazing. I don't think I would have taken on that job! It's fantastic! Your husband is also fantastic for helping you get it just like you wanted it! :) What a team!
What fun you are going to have decorating it for all the holidays! Gonna be following closely!! FOR SURE! :)

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I remember when you put that gorgeous mantle in and she was already gorgeous. Now look at her all full of splendor. Wonderful!
MANY blessings to you, Lana

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Dear Chari,
The finale is fabulous! I've loved all the metamorphising from start to the glorious finish! I am so happy you liked the ornament too! Let me know what you have on your agenda for next week. I have work, decorating, cleaning, shopping and on and on.... Hugs to you, Cindy

Barbara said...

Chari, How beautiful your new mantel is and the decorations on it.

Thanks for the ideas.

Barbara

Theresa said...

Honey, you are something else! I have watched you in real time beginning to end of this project. W-O-W! Love it, love it, love it! Thanks for sharing the how-to with us! Have a blessed day dear Chari!

Salmagundi said...

My, my it is cold here today. Hope you are staying warm by your real stove. But, I bet your faux fireplace is warming your heart. Take care, Miss Chari! Sally

Melissa Miller said...

It's just so gorgeous and amazing Chari! ~Lovely!

Cindy said...

Your new fireplace is so beautiful! Your decor is also very lovely, I love it, so elegant! Hugs, Cindy S.

Brenda Pruitt said...

This is SUCH a gorgeous piece! And you've managed to make it look like an antique!
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Cheri I so wish my mantle looked like this! I am working on the Living room mantle now and am just clueless! I decided to put my nativity on my piano this year which is what I used on the mantle last year. I put 2 cute Christmas trees in the urns that I had there are strung white lites but that's as far as I've gotten! Came over again to look at yours for some more inspiration!

blessings
mary

★Carol★ said...

Outstanding job on that fireplace! I'm still amazed at how it turned out, and you have decorated it so beautifully. It's certainly the shining star in your living room!

Nancy said...

Just lovely! All that hard work really produced stunning results. I have chairties so I'm taking away the tassel on the candle idea! (thank you!)

Marigene said...

So beautiful!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Hi Chari,
The mantel is gorgeous! I love white poinsettias, especially with gold. I bet the glow at night IS so warming and beautiful. I'm so glad I stopped by to see this.
Kelly

Barb said...

Chari!!!!!

Okay, let me pick myself off the floor so I can type this!!!

Your fireplace is fabulous. There is nothing not to love about it.

Just glorious!!!!!

Hugs, Barb ♥

Barbara Jean said...

Chari,
Just came by to say hi.
quick scroll through your beautiful pics was so wonderful!
Back later to read more.

love and blessings

barbara jean

Myrna said...

Hi Chari! Thanks for visitin' and your sweet comments! TEN grandchildren? WOW!How FUN!!
I love, love, LOVE your decor--and the mantle is just fabulous! Great job!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
I just got your note! Thanks for the sweet comments, as usual you are such a doll! We're under a Winter Storm Warning too and it's snowing like crazy, but going to get worse! Sounds like a lot of the Country is getting it and then the cold is a coming! The really cold like you have! Zero for a high on Saturday! BRRRR! I don't mind snow but I don't like that bitter cold! Hey girl how's your Christmas prep coming along? I bet your busy as usual. Take care and I'm thinking of you! Hugs, Cindy

Dawn said...

Wow Chari, your mantle is so fabulous! I haven't been by in a while and have some catching up to do! Your Christmas decor is beautiful and I just can't get over the "faux" mantle. The bible is incredible too, what a special thing to have.
Hugs,
Dawn

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Such a great job you have done/ almost unbelievable!!!

Sue said...

Chari, Your mantel turned out magnificently! I was anxious to see how you finished it. It looks lovely with the white poinsettia accents and the gold candlesticks and reindeer. You are lucky to have the old family bible, too. Doesn't it just warm the room even though it doesn't even have "fire?"
hugs, Sue

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Chari~ Sometimes when it rains it pours! First it was my camera that went caput, now my computer has been on the fritz. So, needless to say I'm going through bloggers withdrawal.

Your fireplace hearth is lovely with
the dramatic gold touches. I especially like the chunky Noel and the majestic reindeer. They really make a grand statement against the mantel.

I'm so thrilled your Apothecary Spigot Jar made it safely. I hope it adds a *Sweet Surprise* to your holiday entertaining.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Wanda Lee said...

My dearest "mon Chari",

What a masterful job you have done! It just keeps getting better, even after the initial "unveil"!~Even when I think it couldn't possibly get any better!..,

The lovely family bible is ULTIMATE, "visual metaphor" for "the foundational cornerstone" of your faith in God Chari, and all that powerful truth represents within you and your in your entire families' life!~It enhances what you have created with your lovely classic fireplace vignette!..,Those candles are lovely as well!

I've always loved that little french girl also!~ She's the perfect extra finishing touch!..,

Those creams,golds and elegant touches~ What a dream!

I truly find that no matter how busy, burdened, lighthearted or for that matter, whatever is going on in my life, seemingly "needing to go in too many directions at once" in life these days, nonetheless, other than God's amazing grace and love in my life, my family, my dear friends, my wonderful and vibrant community, welcoming and loving churchfellowship of believers and awesome country, (even my precious pets).~ Yet, here in blogland my dear, I sincerely say that you remain my "high water mark", my "go to place" for inspiration and respite, where I'm always delighted to visit and always wish I hadn't stayed away so long!~

You are my "cherry on top of the sundae" blogging experience Chari, "hands down"!

~ I just feel that peaceful loveliness and contentment wash over me when I visit and I'm always so glad that I came!~I can't wait to see what you'll do and create next!



Cheers ,hugs and abundant blessings to you and yours, CHARI from Silken purse@ The Plumed Pen

P.S.~ Indeed; "Jesus is the reason for the season!"..,

Saundra said...

Your fireplace mantel is beautiful. Love what you have done with it.
What is the "olive" paint color you have on your walls? Brand,name, etc. Thanks for sharing your beautiful decorations.

Phyllis @Around the House said...

I love the fireplace wow it is amazing, you decorated it so beautifully, lovel the wonderful flower garland...my friend bought a faux fireplace and then bought a heater insert that plugged in and has logs and fire and all and doesl not need an exhaust, She saw it on the devine design show on hgtv, just somethin to think about...love your blog and never get tired of you talkin....

Lenore said...

Your fireplace mantel is gorgeous...love all the decorating you've done with it.
I've read all your posts about this faux fireplace and enjoyed them all!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hello Saundra...

So happy to have you stop by for a visit, my friend! I tried to respond to your question and realized that you didn't have a blog...so thought I would answer you here with hopes that you will come back by. The olive green that I have used in my living room was a color that I found on a paint sample at Walmart...called "River Bank". I took the color sample to Home Depot and they mixed it up for me in Behr's paint brand! Sure hope that helps you out!

Warmest wishes,
Chari

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Chari...I am just only stopping by...because I remembered you were the blogger that created the faux fireplace...and I came upon your finale!! It is absolutely beautiful... and I am inspired to create something similar. I have a fireplace mantle that I thought I would be able to use in replacement of a plain mantle I currently have in my family room... but unfortunately it does not fit the dimensions of the firebox. Then I remembered your project...and I just shared it with my husband. We are sure we can do something similar in my living room. I'll keep everyone posted and make mention who inspired me to do the project! You! Well...it's Christmas Day and want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas. Hugs!
Excuse my previous comment...I accidently deleted it! Hugs!

Simone @ Doberman's by the Sea said...

Looks lovely. Very elegant yet cozy. The Bavarian Christmas linky party is now open-won’t you come and join us at http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/2010/11/1st-christmas-linky-party-at-dobermans.html

Anonymous said...

I love it when individuals come together and share thoughts.

Great site, continue the good work!

Feel free to surf to my site ... cellulite treatment