12/05/2009

Welcome to the 33rd "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click on the "Sunday Favorites" info photo in the sidebar of my blog.

~~~~~~

Hello my friends!

Welcome to the 33rd run of "Sunday Favorites"!!!

** I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend! It's been a very busy week at my place...with lots and lots of Christmas decorating going on! I love Christmas and I love everything about the holiday season!!! It's a busy time...that's for sure! Just another great reason to join in with the fun of Sunday Favorites! It really is so quick and easy...just publishing a favorite post from the past!
*
I thought that I would share a post that I had done last December! It has certainly been cold here in colorful Colorado and it's time to enjoy a little hot cocoa! I have included my recipe for cocoa mix. Hope you enjoy!!!
*
Well my friends...have a super Sunday! Thank you so much for coming by today!

~~~~~~~~

Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink to Mr.Linky and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!

Love ya'll,
Chari






Sunday Favorites

My favorite post: December 12, 2008

It's Snow Much Fun.....Hot Cocoa Anyone?
*
*

Hello and Happy Friday!!! We're not only counting down the days till the weekend but we're counting down the days till Christmas! There is always so much "hustle and bustle" this time of the year....but I'm ready....as ready as I'll ever be! Christmas shopping is finished....Christmas decor is finished....it's time to just sit back and relax and enjoy!!! Sooooo....how about grabbing a snowman cup full of hot steaming cocoa and take a little tour of my "Winter Wonderland"!!!
*

*
Aren't these just the cutest little snowmen cups....I just have a "thing" for snowmen!!! I found this cute little ceramic snowman set at the Dollar General. The big snowman in the center is a canister.....just right for holding my homemade hot cocoa mix! It was only $3....the snowmen cups were only $2 ea. One of the reasons they caught my attention is that they are really 3 dimensional....I just love em'!!!
*

*
This is a corner in my kitchen! I just love this little table...it's old...naturally distressed...hehe! I love the big chunky table legs (as you can see the paint is peeling...I love it!) The table top is metal. Our home was built in the 1920's....when my honey bought it, it hadn't been lived in since the 50's....this little table was left in the house and my honey had it outside on the back patio when I came to live here....I quickly rescued it and brought it into my kitchen...hehe!!! My snowmen seem to be very happy here...see their smiles? Oh yes....as you can probably see....I just love green plants....this one is monster sized and has just about taken over the corner but I don't have the nerve to cut it! It sits in one of those old copper pots....I know they have a name, I bet my friend Gloria could tell you what they were used for!
*
*
"Welcome to our Winter Wonderland"
*
This photo was taken from our back door. The lamp post is pretty old....I don't know how old exactly, it was already here when my honey bought the house! I know that it's very, very heavy cast iron! Our back yard looks out into a large field....we live way out in the sticks....for you city folk....that means country...hehe!!! Our yard is surrounded by big old pine trees! Isn't the snow pretty? Okay, I must confess....these photos were taken last winter. We've had 3 or 4 snows this winter but I really haven't taken any pictures!
*
*
Another view from our back door....
*
*
Just beyond the pine trees.....lies this big ol' field....it's always so pretty in snow!!!
*

*
This photo was taken of the west side of our house.....
*
*
This is really one of my favorite winter photos....doesn't the tree all dressed in it's winter finery look pretty? The photo just doesn't capture the beauty....I remember the day I took the photo, the tree just sparkled....it was like millions of little cyrstal jewels hung from the branches....and against that blue sky.....Oooooh!!!
*
*
Our little black furbabies....hehe!!! They don't seem to mind the cold snow at all....hehe!!!
*
*
Well....after all of that trampling through the snow....I know that you're ready for a cup of hot cocoa!!! Let me fix you a cup!!!
*
*
I know that there are many hot cocoa recipes....this is the one that I like to make! I just prefer homemade hot cocoa....it tastes so much better than that ol' boxed mix stuff. I make a big batch of it every winter at Christmas time....then I put it pretty Christmas canisters and give it as gifts!
*

Hot Cocoa Mix
*
1 - 8 qt. box of Carnation's dry powdered milk mix (25.6 oz. box)
2 lb. box of Nestle's Quick
6 oz. Coffee Mate coffee creamer
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar

It's really so easy! I like to use about 1/3 cup of cocoa mix to a mug of boiling water. This recipe makes 28 cups of hot cocoa. Sometimes I get adventurous and I add different flavored coffee creamers to the mix....like Amaretto or Irish Cream....it's really good!!!
*
*
Well my friends....thank you for stopping by today....I've had snow much fun!!! Hehe!!! I sure enjoyed taking you on my Winter Wonderland tour....and warming up with a little hot cocoa!!!
*
*
Love ya'll....


19 comments:

Lori E said...

Oh my gosh that tree is beautiful. I look forward to having a cup of cocoa thank you.
Who's little footprints are those going through the snow?

Keetha Broyles said...

33rd???? Are you kidding me!?! We've had 33 of these? Seems like we just started!!

Never fear - - - I have my post ready to "roll" at a few minutes after midnight so it will have Sunday and Dec. 6 on it.

I don't remember this post - - - that tree with the white branches against the sky - - - GORGEOUS.

gail@My Repurposed Life said...

I love this party! Thanks so much for hosting!
Those snow pictures from last year are beautiful! Glad you reposted this one.
gail

janet said...

Hi Chari, i love all your xmas decor and snowmen are most certainly adorable, my sister is a collector of anything snowmen. My decorating is done too and my shopping is almost there. Don't ya just love this time of year? Wishing you all the best and thanks for sharing this lovely post.
hugs
janet

Martha said...

I love looking at snow -- and am eagerly awaiting our first snow! It's cold tonight -- that cocoa sounds delicious and I love your mugs!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Chari there is nothing like seeing all of Gods trees with snow on them to beautiful for words girl...And that copper pot is a Boiler pot for boiling water to do your laundry come Monday...as the heat of the cooper would keep the water hot on the fire and they have a lid that also would get placed on top on them in between washing one load while you were rinseing out the load you just scrubed in that pot...Little more on my non - sense ha ha!! Girl I'm all hooked up so you can come by and see me now sis....May you have a great Sunday...I'm beat shopped for 10 hours with Candace today...My feet are killing me ha ha!!Girl I could't wait to get home and put on my old Red robe and slippers...Love ya sis...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

artis1111 said...

I will have a cup cause it is cold out side. The snow was beutiful!!!! We had some but I forgot to take a photo. Next time I will. Kathy

Theresa said...

I need some hot cocoa now after all that snow...brrrrrr:) Love all of the beautiful snow pictures! Have a blessed day dear Chari~`**`~

podso said...

Beautiful snow pictures, whether this year or last, they are great to gaze upon. I wish we could have some snow like that down here in the sunny south!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Chari,
Oh I love this post! I think this may be one of the first one's I saw of yours,(besides Tea Bedroom) and just fell in love with your blog! I am so in love with your copper boiler, I have wanted one for years and for some reason I just haven't found the perfect one! Your Hot Cocoa mix sounds really yummy, I made a homemade one too, but yours sounds better! Thank-you for all the lovely comments, I don't feel deserving but you are always the sweetest! Are you cold there now? We are only getting in the 20's and it's going to get colder! Yikes, I don't mind snow, but I don't like the bitter cold. They are talking 8-10 inches on WED., right now we only have a light dusting. Have a great Sunday, and oh, you asked about the framed photos. It's called Photo Explosion and it came on a CD Rom with our computer. I am just getting the hang of it but I think you can pick them up at Wal-Mart for pretty cheap. Hugs, Cindy

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Chari,

Beautiful pics of the snow. You are right, the tree with the snow is stunning. I would have loved to see how the sun sparkled off of it in person! Love your idea of different flavors of coffee creamer in the cocoa mix. Fabulous, as always!

Christi @ A Southern Life

Maggie said...

I just love your winter wonderland, and that blue sky is just unbelievable.
Have a great week
Maggie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks for the walk through the Winter Wonderland! Loved it! I believe I'll have two cups of cocoa. I'm from Florida, and we have thin blood if there is such a thing. LOL!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Melissa Miller said...

Hey sweet friend! What's new with you? I do remember your amazing snow photos. Sigh....How pretty! :)

podso said...

I just now realized I hadn't linked to yours since I posted yesterday before you did. Sorry about that! All fixed now. Have a good Sunday!

Gypsy Heart said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the cocoa too ~ :-) I used to have a recipe similar to this one and lost it so I'll use this one.
xo

Gypsy Heart said...

I forgot! Just love your snowmen. I'm going to go and check out the store here and see if they might have them.
xo

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Chari!

You truly do live in a winter wonderland. The hot cocoa sounds divine after a cold day.

Merci for stopping by my blog and leaving your sweet messages - each one is much appreciated. Have a wondeful week!

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Your mantel is gorgeous! Hard to believe it is faux, you did a wonderful job on it! And I love the way you incorporated the old family Bible! Wonderful idea! Reminded me that I have my husband's family Bible I could use!

~hugs, Rhonda :)