12/16/2009

Christmas Élégance...Three Christmas Place Settings!

*
*

*
Hello my friends...I'm so happy that you came by today!!!
*
Today I am joining in with Tablescape Thursday and Thrifty Thursday...you will find the information for these two fabulous events at the end of this post.
*
I have had so much fun decorating for Christmas! I finally finished "decking out" my French Country dining room and posted about it just a few days ago. Today is a bit of a continuation from that post...I decided to have fun with the Christmas centerpiece that I created for the dining room table by trying a few Christmas place settings...each one a bit different! Hope you enjoy!!!
*
Silver Élégance & A Christmas Table Centerpiece

*
To me...Christmas is about many things! First and foremost...it's the time when I celebrate the birth of my Savior Jesus Christ and it's also a time when I celebrate my family and friends!
*
and...
*
When it comes to decorating... Christmas is the time when I can be a bit extravagant! So to celebrate this wonderful season, I brought out the silver and created a Christmas table centerpiece!
*


*
I just love the look of silver and burgandy together...ahhh, sooo elegant!!!
*
I have been collecting silver candlesticks for some time now....but I have a new treasure find! A couple of weeks ago, I found this beautiful silver soup tureen at the Goodwill for just $19! It's in great condition and even has the soup ladle! Ohhh boy...you should have seen me doin' the "happy dance"! Hehe! It is the perfect addition to my Christmas centerpiece!!!
*
Now...the fun begins....
*
Three Different Christmas Place Settings*

*
Christmas Place Setting #1...Red Transferware!
*
I just love red transferware dishes...and they look so Christmasy...don't you think?
*
This place setting consists of a red transferware dinner plate...a larger solid red dinner plate, and a red transferware charger plate. All sitting atop a silver tray! I have added a red satin dinner napkin and a few pieces of flatware (more silver...yay!)
*

*
Both of the red transferware pieces are different patterns, but one of the great things about red transferware is that you can mix and match them for a great look!
*

*
I also had some fun putting together this little pretty!!!
*
I used one of my silver pedistal plates and the glass cloche that my friend Sally (from Salamagundi Blog) gave me when we met! I just couldn't believe my good fortune...this glass cloche fits perfectly upon the pedistal plate! Thank you again, Sally!!! I then added a silver beaded garland with tassels and a silver filigree ornament to the mix! Just look at that silver sparkle...I love it!!! Ohhh...so pretty!!!
*

*

*
Place Setting #2...Solid Red Dinnerware
*
For this second place setting, I used a dinner plate and a salad/dessert plate from my solid red dinnerware set. I also kept the red transferware plate for a little added interest! Ohhh yes...and I added a new silver plate...a gift from Leann over at The Old Parsonage! I just got it in the mail yesterday. Thank you, Leann....I love it!!!
*

*
A close-up of the red transferware plate. Ohhh...so pretty and frenchy looking!!!
*

*
Just a pretty photo of place setting #2 and my red dining room.
*

*
Place Setting #3...Classic Christmas Red and Green
*
Is these anything more classic than red & green for Christmas? I decided to change out the red transferware for my olive green transferware! As you can see, the solid red dinner plate is large enough to be used as a charger plate...I love that about this dinnerware! I found this fabulous set of olive green transferware dishes on ebay last Spring. There is a 5 piece place setting for six and I got it all for a mere...are you ready? For just $10! Yeehawww!!! Definitely a "thrifty" treasure find!!! This beautiful olive green transferware/ironstone is manufactured by Kinsington Staffordshire of England.
*

*
I think this might just be my favorite of the three different place settings! Which one do you like best?
*

*
A close-up of the olive green transferware plate. I just love how it looks with the red!!!
*


*
Just having fun! The red poinsettia looks beautiful with this place setting...don't you think?
*

*
Just a couple of "artsy" photos. I used a "frosted glass" effect to frame these photos.
*
Ahhhh...silver elegance!!!
*
*
And...there you have it! Three different Christmas place settings! I hope you enjoyed them...I sure had fun playing!!! Hehe!
*
*
Tablescape Thursday

I am joining in with Susan's Tablescape Thursday today! Please go by Susan's place, Between Naps on the Porch...and see what she has for us today and while you're there you can check out all the other Tablescape Thursday particiapants!

and...

I am also joining in with Leigh over at Tales from Bloggeritaville for her Thrifty Thursday party! Please go pay Leigh a visit and see the other Thrifty Thursday participants! Thank you, Leigh...for hosting this fun filled Thursday event!!!
*


Well my friends...I'm so happy that you came by for a visit today!!! Please leave me a comment and let me know you were here...I'd love to visit back with you!!!

Love ya'll,

Chari

*

54 comments:

Marla said...

Love the layers of plates. Especially the green tranferware with the red plates. great Cloche too. Blessings, Marla

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl I loved them all...that cloche that sally gave you is wonderful and I love the red plates and your silver is all just beautiful my friend....and Yes I just got my gift from you...LOVE it girl...send you an email...Many blessing today and each day my Dear friend...Giant mountain hugs to you....Gl♥ria

paperbutterfly said...

Chari, It is a pleasure to meet you!!
Wanda is very dear to me and a wonderful friend.

I have travelled to your site several times. I love it!! You are very gifted. I love silver and red transferware dishes and all things pretty. I have a hard time leaving a pretty plate or teacup sitting by its lonesome, especially if its a good price. Yes, we have some things in common. HeHe

I hope you will stop by again.

Pam @ Breath of Fresh Air

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh, I like them all. They're so pretty and festive. I guess if I had to pick out one that I preferred, I'd go the the green transferware with red plates. Hope your holiday season has been wonderful so far! Rosie

xinex said...

Not sure which one I like the most, Chari cause I love them all!...Christine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Bravo Chari!
They are all so pretty, but my fave is the frenchy transferware with the pastoral scene! I can't believe that deal you got on E-Bay, Wow! The cloche is so pretty and I love the artsy photos! So, when is dinner ready? LOL! Christmas is a coming way too fast! Hugs, Cindy

Carolyn said...

Hi Chari,
Wow! they are all so beautiful.I love the silver and of course the red transferware. I have never seen the top red transferware pattern before,I love it.

Carolyn

Lenore said...

Well, they all look beautiful Chari, but I think my favorite is the first place setting. I love red transferware and the more the better!
I too like mixing patterns and your settings all look so Christmasy.

Salmagundi said...

Hi Chari-- There you go again doing an elegant tablescape. Of course, the red transferware one is my favorite. I always think of all of my red transferware as more pink, but the other day I saw a tablescape with the red/pink transferware on a bright red tablecloth and I loved it. So, now I'm in search of the perfect tablecloth. Does it ever end here in blogland? Take care this week. Sally

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, this is totally unreal. I love it all. Your little cloche especially caught my heart, but then you knew it would. All of your dishes are so pretty and you always have such a wonderful knack of accessorizing and making the most wonderful vignettes. Just love it. Hugs, Marty

podso said...

Love the green and white dishes on the red ...and the red and white as well. All looks so nice.

Julio Muao said...

Very beautiful Chari! everything looks terrific. I love the red plates. Happy Holidays.

Kammy said...

Hi Chari !
I like them both :o)
Love all those stacks of your
"Frenchiness".....ready for Christmas ???
Kammy
p.s. I have been wondering how Santa is going to get out of your new fireplace.....hmmmmmm

Lana Kim White Austin said...

Loooooooovvvvve the silver plate/transferware and then how you switched it up with the green accents. Just gorgeous with all the layering of silver/red.
Hugs, Lana

Eileen said...

Christmas Elegance is a perfect post title here!
I loved them all and they are all so elegant looking with your beautiful silver, and I love how you arranged your cloche!

Merry Christmas!
All the best,
Eileen

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Well someone has been might busy haven't they? :) It is all just beautiful, I thought each setting was the best until I saw the next. Not sure which I liked better, they were all different and equally pretty. I hope you are having a glorious time gearing up for the Christmas. Blessings my friend, Barb

Unknown said...

They all look fabulous! I love the layers and the red with silver. So often I see it with gold (including at my house), but I loved the variation of silver. Beautiful.

a quiet life said...

so many GREAT pieces, i love the layered look, and your tureen is gorgeous~

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Chari, I love red transferware, but the green one is gorgeous. Though I liked all three settings, the red and green transferware were really stunning. I can't believe you actually got them all for $10! Oh, and I would be doing the happy dance too if I found that tureen! Merry Christmas!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

What a wonderful tureen! A real treasure -- and I adore red transferware -- I love all of your settings! They're all beautiful.

Jane said...

One was as beautiful as the next! Just perfect!!
Jane

Pinky said...

They all look beautiful but my favorite is the green with the red, guess I am too tradional:):) Everything is gorgeous though, I so enjoy seeing everyone's tables. I did post a table this week at Susan's if you want to go take a peek! XO, Pinky

Marigene said...

Each place setting is beautiful but my favorite is the last one...something about the red/green just calls out to me.
Thanks for sharing.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

They are all so pretty but my favorite is the last one. I love the green transfer ware and the red plates. Just love the silver and what a good find for you!
Always, Linda

Tootsie said...

Oh Chari!!! I can't choose a favorite...they are all just gorgeous!!! you are a talented lady in so many ways... I'm going back for another look...have a great weekend

Phyllis @Around the House said...

wow I loved them all, you have some beautiful dishes so pretty with the cloche, it all looks wonderful together, you have done it again, love it...

Barbara Jean said...

Chari,
Just came by to say hi and look at all the pretties i found!

Love tha silver pieces under the done.

blessings

barbara jean

Raggedy Kingdom said...

What great tablescapes. I love red. I saw a black and white wall in one background. Loved what little peek we got of that.

Keetha Broyles said...

I love all the Christmas red and greens. The sparkle under glass is a nice bit 'o Christmas bling!

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

What a beautiful table! I'm gonna have to go with PS #3-that's my fave!
Great job!

Old Time Cindy said...

You sure know how to layer with a bit of bling! Love them all! Happy Holidays!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

Cynthia said...

Love the red and silver. Happy Tablescape Day!

Unknown said...

BEAUTIFUL..especially the transferware. Love the green although red is forever my favorite :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Recaptured Charm said...

The olive green is spectacular with the burgundy! So festive. Beautiful.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow, I love the layered look. You have done a gorgeous job. Your plates are lovely and your table is wonderful. Wow! Big smile.
I just love it.
Blessings,
Debbie

Rhonda Moon said...

Lovely, Can I come to your house for dinner?

Melissa Miller said...

Chari this Christmas table setting is just beyond stunning! The beautiful burgundy and silver combo is just so elegant looking. The silver cloche is gorgeous as well. Wonderful job on this!

Did you receive our Christmas card?

Many blessings to you this special Holiday season! ~Melissa :)

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Chari....your cloche is exquisite! Some folks really have a talent for putting things together and you are certainly one of the best. LOVELY!
Hugs!
Mona :)

Bill said...

Hi Chari,
Your plates are all beautiful (and what a deal you got on that service for six on eBay!!!). My eye is always drawn to shiny things, however, and I LOVED seeing all your wonderful silver pieces. I agree ... they look amazing with the burgundy. Nicely done!

Happy Holidays!
Bill

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

The red & silver theme is so beautiful. You have some really lovely red plates... I've been on the lookout for something red. Beautiful candlesticks, too!

Unknown said...

Two of my favorites: Red Transferware & Silver. It's amazing how popular the silver is this year. Your photos and post is incredible. Please visit and see my creation but don't leave without seeing the Grand Prize Give-A-Way: http://tesorofino.blogspot.com/2009/12/grand-prize-give-way-february-1st-2010.html

Anonymous said...

Love them all! So much fun! Love the green transferware. You don't see too much of that. And of course I LOVE the silver.
- The Tablescaper

Linda Q said...

Silver good, red good, dishes good, cloche good, all just yummy!!
Linda

Sue said...

Chari, Every one of your settings was beautiful and inspiring! I loved them all in a different way. You have such a knack for layering things together. Your cloche is lovely and adds such a glittery touch to the place setting. I like your inventiveness with the photos, too. How do you do it all?
Merry, Merry, my friend~ Sue

Ally's Corner said...

Very pretty. I love the red and silver plates!!!

Oliva Ohlson said...

Perfection!!! I love every single little detail! I too love silver. Can't decide which is my fave!!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Chari

Your tablescape is so impressive. The silver accessories really make the burgandy colors of your linens pop and the silver soup tureen was a marvelous bargain!

I love your red transferware china setting the best :-0

I loved Denver and have a few photos of places we visited in my blog today...some nice views of the Rockies too! Thanks so much for your visit and kind comments.

Hugs, Pat

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Thank-you Chari,
for the beautiful, sweet Christmas card! You made my day, I will be e-mailing you soon! Hugs, Cindy

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Oooooh!!!! I'm in love with all three. But I think my favorite is the first one. You did a fabulous job (as always).

Sharing with Sherri said...

Love everything Chari!! Yes your transferware is really gorgeous and VERY Christmasy!

Your silver collection is wonderful, and I love the combination of the glittery silver ornament and beaded garland in your cloche too!

Have a nice weekend!
Sherri:)

P.S. I'll be doing a post with some of my silver collection next week, hope you come by soon!!
I miss you!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my gosh... I am drooling over your silver pedestal and the cloche Sally gave you....girl... I love, love love the red toile.. You know how I love toile. This table is over the top gorgeous!!! I would love to sit here and have a nice long visit with you... I hope this finds you Russell and the kids having a super holiday season...hugs ~lynne~

Lynette said...

Hi Chari - I think my fave is number 1 - it was a hard choice though - they are all stunning!!

Happy Holidays to you and your family friend!

Oh - PS - we FINALLY moved and are in our new house!

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

Chari,

It is hard to choose a favorite from your beautiful settings. Love all of your tranferware. Just perfect!

Christi @ A Southern Life

Sarah said...

Chari, I'm late visiting my favorite blogs. Just so much going on at the moment and not much time to spend on the computer. This is all so beautiful. Guess the red transfer plates would be my favorite. The silver tureen that you showed us before really is fabulous. I'd use it again and again. Thanks for sharing another incredible tablescape.