9/17/2011

Sunday Favorites...No. 117

*
Welcome to the 117th "Sunday Favorites" Party 


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!!
For more information on how to republish a past post just click HERE.

~~~~~~
*
Hello my friends!
*
Welcome to the 117th run of "Sunday Favorites"
*
I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend! 
*
  For the past couple of weeks, I have been revisiting a few of last year's autumn posts for the Sunday Favorites party. Today, I am sharing another one of my "favorite" posts from autumn 2010 called "Delicious Autumn...an Autumn Buffet Part II".  I hope that you enjoy! 
*
 I am also joining The Tablescaper's Seasonal Sunday party today.  You will find more info. about this lovely party at the end of today's post. 
*
  Well my friends...I'm looking forward to seeing your Sunday Favorites posts this week and visiting with you!  You can sign up for the party at the end of this post!
*
Have a super Sunday!
Chari
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Sunday Favorites My favorite post from:
October 25, 2010
*
"Delicious Autumn...an Autumn Buffet"
Part II
*
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
Ohhh my...things are forever changing at my place! I decorated my dining room buffet at the beginning of the autumn season but I've changed it once again. Last week, several of the items that I used to decorate my buffet...went to the table for an autumn tablescape. Eeeks...I couldn't just leave the buffet bare...could I? Hehe! Anyway, thought I would share a few photos of my new dining room buffet decor! I hope that you enjoy!
*
*To view "Delicious Autumn...an Autumn Buffet" Part I...just click HERE.
*
*
"Delicious Autumn...an Autumn Buffet"
Part II
**
This buffet started it's life as a dresser in my step-daughter's bedroom...ten years ago. When I first moved into my honey's home...it was in desperate need of furniture...sooo...I pulled this big ol' dresser from the bedroom...refinished it...and moved it into the dining room to use as a buffet. I have never regretted the decision! This piece works much better as a dining room buffet than it did as a dresser in a little girls room!
*
This piece had a dark wood finish. As you can see, I painted it a creamy white and used olive green on the insets of the door and drawer fronts. I used an antique gold colored glaze on top of the wood carvings and some of the moulding...to make the carvings stand out and for a little more interest. I used the same paint treatment on the mirror that matches the buffet. I'm really pleased with how it turned out and how this piece looks in my french country dining room!
*
**
The beautiful buffet runner was found at Hobby Lobby several years ago. I just love the colors...the embroidered pattern...and all that long fringe! The olive green, gold, and burgandy colors are perfect for the autumn season.
*
Two matching buffet lamps sit on either end. I just love these frenchy lamps...the bronze metal and the beautiful cut glass on the base of the lamps just make my heart sing! Ohhh...and I mustn't forget the pretty dangling crystals! Gorgeous!!!
*
*
Voila...a new autumn vignette for my frenchy dining room buffet!
*
**
An autumn cloche...a three tiered autumn display...a few acorns scattered about...and a few autumn pears sitting on a stack of autumn plates.
*
**
An autumn cloche
*
**
This cloche was sooo easy to put together. I used an autumn floral pick for the arrangment and added a few nuts to the base, an autumn plate...and Voila! I tied a pretty gold satin ribbon around the handle of the cloche...just a little extra pretty!
*
By the way...I thought these photos turned out so pretty. I love how the lamp crystals are catching the light and how they look against the mirror. And...I love that my large painting of the fruit and the three tiered display is caught in the reflection in the mirror!
*
*
A Three Tiered Autumn Display
*
**
I used my three tiered pedestal cake plates for this autumn display.
*
Top Tier...
A yellow-gold pillar candle "tops off" the autumn pretties! I added a bit of autumn potpourri mix around the candle, a few pumpkin place card holders, and a few autumn leaf napkin rings.
*
Middle Tier...
I simply added pears around the middle tier.
*
Bottom Tier...
I used an autumn wreath made up of berries, a few autumn floral picks (the dark red cattails, etc.), a bit more autumn potpourri strewn about as a filler, and two pretty yellow gold bird figurines.
*
*
*
*
**
You know how I love my sweet birds! Hehe!
*
*
A few wooden acorns for decoration...
*
You can get a better look at the buffet runner in this photo. This is my favorite table runner! I love the colors and the embroidered floral pattern is really beautiful!!!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
**
A stack of extra autumn plates with a few pears...
*
*
My "artsy" photos.
*
*
*
*
**
And...there you have it...another autumn vignette for my dining room buffet!
*
*
I'm sooo glad that you came by today...I hope that you enjoyed!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
*Besides hosting Sunday Favorites,
*I am also joining this lovely party today...
*

Seasonal Sundays party...hosted by The Tablescaper.
**
A heartfelt thanks to The Tablescaper for hosting this lovely party for us!
*
*Warmest autumn wishes!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Sunday Favorites
Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!
*
*
***Just a little note: Sunday Favorites Criteria***
*
When I first started the Sunday Favorites meme, my initial thought was to offer a solution for getting a post out on the weekend without having to spend alot of time doing so...weekends are just a busy time for most of us! Copying and pasting a previous post is so quick and easy. Not only is this a quick and easy solution to the busy weekends, but it's also an opportunity to dig back into our blog archives and share a favorite "past" post once again! Many of us spend alot of time and effort creating a post and it just seems a shame that it is viewed only once and then forgotten about!
*
I would like to reiterate that Sunday Favorites is a meme about sharing or revisiting a post from the PAST!
*
Thank you!!!
*
*

19 comments:

Diann said...

Love it all Chari! All the wonderful colors and fun Fall accessories are just so pretty. Thank you for hosting. I hope you and Russ are having a great weekend! Hugs :)

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Chari, just linked in. As always, your photos are beautiful! I never get tired of looking at them!

A Toile Tale said...

Chari -
Thank you for hosting this great party. I really am not really done with all of the summer posts that I have in my head, but I guess it is time to move on. I'll join you with your beautiful fall colors. All aboard!!!!
Linda @ A Toile Tale

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Chari, Your Fall decor is beautiful! Your red dining room is so pretty with the Fall decor.
Hugs,
Sherry

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

All of your vignettes are always so pretty. I love this one. It is so lovely and I love that tiered stand, beautifully decorated. The table runner is wonderful also, well, actually you know I think it is all wonderful. Hugs, Marty

bj said...

Thanks so much for hosting.
My post this time is part from the past and part, the present. :)
xo bj

Unknown said...

Just beautiful Chari, I love the play of your darks and lights and it is refreshing to see color in your home as so many are neutrals and whites that are shown these days. We are painting my family room/studio combo and we went with some color too. Not finished yet, but I'm loving it. Hugs and have a great weekend, Marilou

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl..got your email Thanks..had Landen's first BD party today I'm so tired ha ha!! little guy was sick with 101 fever from his ear..I hope to get back to you before I go to hospita on Wednesday won't be home until Thursday..Love ya sweet Sis.Hugs and smiles Gloria

Unknown said...

Chari, Your photos are georgeous! I love your beautiful dining room. Thanks for sharing your lovely room.

Lynn said...

Your buffet looks beautiful Chari, love the pears, they're perfect:@)

The Tablescaper said...

Love the tiered plates. So many wonderful colors mixing to bring such harmony. Thanks for hosting and being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescape

Sweetwater Style said...

Thanks for hosting the party. It gives me a chance to go back and look at some of my posts....hope you enjoy this one! Love the idea of this party! Your photography is amazing!

Southerncook said...

Wonderful inspiration for Fall decorating and thank you so much for hosting this blog party.

Carolyn/A Southerners Notebook

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Chari your decor is gorgeous. I have a couple of those large acorns and I love how you have used them. Thanks for hosting this fun party! hugs, Linda

jennifer black said...

I just love your fall decor in those photos. I can see why you'd want to revisit those posts. Such rich colors and textures.

And prisms. After seeing what Pollyanna did with them, who wouldn't want their own?! ;-)

Jennifer

podso said...

I hope you have time to sit back, smile, and enjoy all the prettiness you create in your home!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Chari, your buffet is beautiful. The long runner with the bouillon fringe is so rich looking. Your gorgeous lamps caught my eye again, you knew they would. lol.. The acrons laying at the base of your tiered display are just wonderful..
Thank you so very much for the compliment, darling it truly means the world. Came at a perfect time, the day was going a bit on the sad side, you brought tears to my eyes and joy to my heart! There is another post coming up of Mary Carol's Fall Open House, possibly 2, I hope people aren't getting bored with it, hope you'll be able to find the time to swing back by.. Hope you and Russ are having a super Sunday. hugs ~lynne~

Theresa said...

Beautiful and creative AS ALWAYS! Love the acorn every time I see that acorn, I love it even more! Have a blessed evening, HUGS!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Very, very Fall, and very, very beautiful! I tried to do Sunday favorites once and messed it up totally. Didn't understand how to get it from where it was to where it should be. But I like to look at others...I always get so many great idea's from you.
Oh Chari, I haven't even begun to get Fall out. I am thinking of just doing October's Halloween and Fall all at one time...no...guess not. :)
Love and hugs,
Mona