4/01/2009

Dollar Store Tablescape

Tablescape Thursday...

Hello my friends! It's time for Tablescape Thursday...hosted by our very own Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch! This fun filled Thursday event has really become a tablescaping lalapalooza! Why don't you hop on over to Susan's place and see what she has today and while you're there...you'll find a list of all the tablescaping participants...you won't want to miss out! Just click HERE to get over to Between Naps On The Porch.

Last week I dropped by a couple of our local dollar stores and found some really pretty tablescaping items. So today, I present to you... "The Dollar Store Tablescape"!

"The Dollar Store Tablescape"

***************

I must admit that we still have snow on the ground...and I have Spring fever! With thoughts of warmer weather, Spring flowers, and bright vibrant colors in mind...I found these cute little bright green and aqua dishes at the Dollar Tree...and thus a Spring tablescape was born! Just a little note...if you enlarge the photos you will be able to see all of the sweet little details.


A Spring brunch for two...



The Centerpiece...

A milk jar vase filled with aqua sea glass and white wild flowers sits in a white wicker tray...along with a few napkins, a candle, and a couple of pears. Two sweet little bird nests sit atop masonary candleholder urns. I found the nests at Dollar General for $2.98 ea. In front of the wicker tray are a few more wild flowers and white daisies with a couple of white birds.



I just love the apple greens and aqua colors...so Spring like!



The Placesetting...

My new Spring dishes from the Dollar Tree! The minute I saw them...I fell in love with the bright splashes of color...apple green and aqua on a background of bright white! I purchased the dinner plate, salad plate, and tea cup. Keep in mind, these are from Dollar Tree...so each piece was only $1...each place setting came to a big total of $3!!! Don't you just love it? Hehe!!! I have a set of white Corelle that I borrowed a small plate from to put under the tea cup. It fits right in.



The Linens...

Don't you just love these cute little woven placemats? Another Dollar Tree find...$1! The bright apple green color with hints of aqua coordinate perfectly with the dishes! I had the apple green colored napkins...tied them up with the cutest ribbon I found at Walmart...it's aqua with apple green dots. I added a sprig of wild flowers to the ribbon and napkin and Voila!!!



More Decorative Elements...

Do you see the cute little apple green hobnail glass ???...hmmm, I think it's a very small candleholder but I don't see why we couldn't use it as a salt cellar. There is another one at the other placesetting in aqua. I also placed a couple of light apple green colored candles on the table all wrapped up with that polka dot ribbon. The candles are in the prettiest daisy shaped green glass candleholders. Yes, another Dollar Tree find (leftovers from our wedding)!



How about a green apple? Better get it before little birdie does...hehe!!!



I think that the salad/dessert plate could actually be used for a bowl as well. It has a nice deep rim on it!



The dinner plate...



The cup...



The Flatware...

I found this flatware at Target several years ago...it's called Cambridge! I purchased it because I like the simple lines of it! It's perfect with these "just a tad modern" dishes. Oh look...now you can see the aqua colored hobnail glass salt cellar.





Ahhh...such sweet little blue birds! And if you look real close...you can see that there is a nest full of eggs...ahhhh babies!!!



Ahhh...more sweet birds!!!



Mmmm...don't forget to take time to smell the flowers!!!

Well my friends...what do you think? Have you been keeping a "running total" of monies spent on this tablescape? I spent a whopping total of $13.96...to create this Spring brunch tablescape!!! Yeeehawwww!!! I just love a good bargain!

I'm so glad that you stopped by today! Please leave me a comment and let me know you were here...I just love hearing from you!!! And...don't forget to go over to Susan's place...Between Naps On The Porch!

**********

Love ya'll,
Chari

53 comments:

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Now that's a picture (of course, it's a picture, but you know what I mean!)! You are the Dollar Store queen - everything pulled together beautifully. Love it! Linda

Martha said...

A pretty table. The green and blue seem so springy!

susan said...

This girl loves Dollar Tree! I can't believe how perfectthat ribbon is!

Crystal said...

Talk about detail. This is absolutely beautiful, and the nesting birds are adorable. Ribbon worked wonderfully. Consider this my RSVP!!

Katy said...

You're going to single handedly empty all of those dishes off the shelves of Dollar Tree stores around the country. LOL... I love it! They are divine little dishes and you created a stunning tablescape using them! I've seen super expensive dishware not set up as nicely as this whopping $13 worth girl! Awesome table.. thanks for sharing! ~Katy (Plucky)

santamaker said...

Oh Chari, what a fresh and beautiful tablescape. Just adore the colors and all of the yummy Dollar tree plates.. GREAT JOB!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh such springness! No one would ever guess that you have snow in your yard! Certainly Spring is in your heart ... and on your table.

Kathleen Ellis said...

My goodness, Chari...if you didn't tell us...we would never guess this tablescape was less than $14!!! It is beautiful! Proves my point that you can have a beautiful table no matter what your budget!
Great job!
Happy April!
;-D

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This is so pretty Chari! It just screams SPRING! I love the nests and the birds, and beautiful color!

Lou Cinda :)

Anonymous said...

Well done honey,well done.It all is so springy and totally awesome.With or without snow it really is spring.And it's springtime on your lovely table.It even makes the food tastes better.,doesn't it?...Ann

Scribbler said...

This is so very well put together -- very clever! Some of my sister bloggers do so well at the Dollar stores -- I never find a thing! I must not get there at the right time.

Scribbler

a quiet life said...

now that was adorable! bright and vibrant~ love the birds on the plate, all came out darling!

Joyce said...

Since I adore COLOR I am having fun viewing your tablescape. It all comes together to make for a HAPPY Mood. The fact that you pulled it together with Dollar Tree items is even better in today's economic times. Thank you also for commenting on my first tablescape.
Joyce

Stacey said...

Very pretty and what a bargain!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I love the tablescape. Such pretty colors, the aqua and yellow are so pretty. Love all the wonderful dollar store finds. Very creative centerpiece, just lovely. Hugs, Marty

Unknown said...

Wow!!! You did a wonderful job putting all your great finds together. Loved it!

Diana LaMarre said...

Very nicely done. I do love aqua and green together. Those dishes are great- they give me a retro feel. At first look I thought they were from the 1960's.

Nancy said...

Just beautiful! Great finds. Thanks for the candle tip. I will be wrapping my plain candles with a bit of colorful seam binding.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Great tablescape and so thrifty. I love the aqua & green together. Great color combo. Everything looks so fresh & springy. Spring is definitely going on at your table even if you have snow on the ground.

ellen b. said...

Chari! I am in love with this great color combination. The apple green and aqua are fabulous. This is a table after my own heart created with such bargains! Love it...

Melissa Miller said...

Girl you are so good at this! :)
What a gorgeous table!
The prices are amazing.
I never get this lucky when I shop...

I do love all the fresh Spring colors and that ribbon is just too cute.

Wonderful tablescape Chari!
~Melissa :)

Chandy said...

That qualifies for Thrifty Thursday, too with Leigh at Tales from Bloggeritaville! Awesome job on the color choices and the dishes are very chic!

Dream Mom said...

So bright and pretty! Love it!

Lynda said...

So lovely...I love the color scheme you used. It says 'SPRING' in the prettiest way! The little bird nests are just precious.

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Hey Chari! You are just so good at this stuff! Your tables are always beautifully arranged and decorated and always different! Just wanted you to know that I was shopping for some special fringe yesterday for a certain bunny tassel! It's raining here and my 21 yr. old is sick with a bad stomach virus! He's miserable poor thing! Hope it's just a 24 hr. thing and none of the rest of us gets it!!!!! God Bless you today girlfriend! Lauralu :)

Salmagundi said...

What a pretty table!! I love those placemats. I was at $$ Tree the other day and didn't see those. I may have to go back. Did they come in other colors? Looks like you are ready for spring. Things are great here - just got news that my daughter's MRI was clear of the brain cancer once again. Then my son called from Chicago saying he & his students were back in the country after being in Europe for 15 days. Did you hear my big sigh of relief???? Sally

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Well if that table does not say spring nothing does, its soooo pretty, fresh and happy oh I just love it, good job there darlin!!!

Christi at A Southern Life said...

You poor thing with snow still on the ground! You brought a sunny Spring day inside though! Very pretty.

9405018--Pat said...

Just perfect...love the green & blue...Pat H

sarah said...

wow this is one nice spring table

gotta love the dollar tree..

Sarah

Carolyn said...

I love all the spring colors you choose and all this on a good budget too!
Carolyn

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

now you know this isn't fair...I had to do two tables and dinner for 10. lol looks great!

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

Everything looks so crisp...love the little bird with the apple! It's amazing what you find in the most unusual places! Love it! Lu

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

AMAZING! I just love this! I am jumping up and down over this thrifty tablescape. YES! You must link it to the thrifty thursday at my place. Great work!

Mary of Boogieboard Cottage said...

Very cute table, I love the birds!
:O)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Chari,
How lovely and my kind of table! It's so awesome when a table this beautiful is put together for such a good price. I love the ribbon ,plates,placemats and oh those nesting birds. I am so inspired Chari, great job! Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hi Chari! Your table is so sweet and to think you got all of these sweet things at the Dollar store! I love the colors!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Chari, this table is just happy! It makes me happy to look at it. Then to read what you spent on it, really makes a bargain hunter like me happy. Love that you put those darling bird nests on the candlesticks, and I think the idea of the candle holders as salt cellars is brilliant! Great, fun tablescape. laurie

Cass @ That Old House said...

What a bright, happy, gorgeous table. I can't believe you found those cute plates at Dollar Tree. Amazing.

All I seem to find there are gift bags. What am I doing wrong?

Your table got everything so RIGHT!

Cass

kari and kijsa said...

Love this tablescape...and that it came from the Dollar Store...even BETTER!

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Hi there Chari!

I've had a great time peeking around your wonderful blog. You are quite the creative lady!

Thanks so much for your visit. I LOVE company...

Blessings,
Spencer

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Chari, I love all your bright and springy colors.. girl.. you do know how to spot a bargain..Thanks so much for swinging by.. I so appreciate your kind words and prayers... it's a roller coaster around here.. an hour at a time...I hope this finds things well your way...hugs ~lynne~

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Chari, I love this beautiful bright table!!

Cindy J. said...

Oh Chari, this looks like a magazine spread.. all of your elements make for such a springy, fresh and hip tablescape!!! (Does anyone say that any more?) So pretty and beautifully styled..perfection.. Love ya Sis, Cindy

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Chari, thanks so much for stopping by to see my clock collection. I am with you, I find all of them so intriguing. The school clock is always a hit and the bells really remind me of when I was in school, but in a house you can't imagine how loud they sound. lol Thanks again for the great comments and visit. Hugs, Marty

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

I think you've started something here....This tablescape was simply exquisite! This is a grand idea for a new blog post theme...Decorating on a dime Tuesday perhaps. Focusing on what you've accomplished here.
I've been searching for those placemats, but it never occurred to me they could be at the dollar store 2 minutes from my house. I hope our store carries them! Please bring more ideas like these to the table.

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Sue said...

WOW 13.96!! It looks so good sweetie, I really love the apple green and blue combo! You are so funny, butt al'ass' I had to post something new LOL! The floor should be all clean by the end of the weekend (I hope)I always take it easy on my first day off so today not much got done. But I know I can do it!! (can ya come help me :-))) LOL!! Love ya sweetie!!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey girl friend...I was by here Yesterday when you first posted and your total at that time was $10.00 and somthing I did leave a comment...don't know what happen to it girl maybe I was leaving while you were adding new pics...any hoo sorry we missed each other...Now I just went and got Gina's BD cake and the food, gift and card...get home and message she won't be here!! I put her cake in frezzer..but still brought stuff I didn't need at the store...Oh well thats my kid for you!!Any way hit our churches yard sale this morning got me some cute basket salt cellars...which I don't need..but a quarter for 3...hey I love to get things at a bargain..went to Hospice thift store got another Ironstone soup tureen...$3.00 and a easter tree...
I told bev I could't do PINK Sat because of Gina and now I could have...Hope you have a great day dear friend..AGAIN I love your table and see pretty doesn't alway mean it has to cost alot...Love ya sis...Hugs and smiles dear friend...Gl♥ria

Nicole ~ said...

Your whole tablescape is so cheery & fun. Everything just flows together so nicely. I love those extra touches you added like the ribbon around the candles & a bow & flowers as the napkin ring. Your plates & placemats are nice, don’t you just love the Dollar Tree?? And the green candle holders are so pretty, I cannot believe they are from Dollar Tree too. Well, I must say that tablescape does not look like it cost $13.96, it looks like a million bucks!! Great job.

Have a wonderful weekend, Nicole

K-Sue said...

What a happy setting. I looked at those dishes at my local Dollar Tree just last week - so bright and retro - now I'm kinda thinkin' maybe I might stop back in...I am in the process of making my little girl a dress in just those same colors.

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

You got to love Dollar Tree...everything is great!...and who would know.

Mary said...

What a happy table!!! LOVE the turquoise and apple green pairing!

Anonymous said...

I have read several just right stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.
I surprise how much effort you set to create any such great informative web site.



Also visit my website - home cellulite treatment