4/08/2009

It's Tablescape Thursday!!!

Hello my friends and welcome to "Tablescape Thursday"! Our Thursday tablescaping lalapalooza is hosted by dear, sweet Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch! This week, in light of the Easter holiday, my dining room table is decked out in all of it's Easter finery!!! I just can't wait to see what Susan does with her Easter holiday table...as well as all of the other "Tablescape Thursday" participants! I just know that we're all in for a real treat!!!

So let's get our Easter bonnets on and go pay Susan a visit...just click HERE and we'll head up the Easter Parade...follow me!!!




"Happy Resurrection Day"

Easter has always held such special meaning to me! I have often referred to Easter as Resurrection Day...so Happy Resurrection Day, my friends!!! While I love my bunnies, Easter eggs, and all of the pretty Spring finery that this time of the year brings...it's very important to me to recognize the real reason that we celebrate Easter...Jesus has risen from the grave, over death triumphant!!! He is alive...and I thank Him for paying the price, the ultimate sacrafice of giving His life...so that I might live!

We will be spending Easter Sunday with our children in church! We have much to celebrate this Sunday because our son Darrin (age 15) and our daughter Danielle (age 14) are going to be baptized!!! We are so thankful to God for our children and we're so very proud of them for making this decision to serve Jesus and follow His example through baptism!!!

On that note, it's going to be a very busy weekend for our family! I probably won't have a chance to post again till after the holiday! So I'm sending my very best Easter wishes to you and your families!!! May you each find the "abundant life" that our Lord has promised to us!!!

"Good Friday Brunch"

Because we will be out of town this weekend, I have made plans for a little "Good Friday Brunch! The dining room table has been set, my friends...would you like to join us? I'd be so happy to set another place at our table and add an egg or two to the omelets!
*

Photobucket

*
"Good Friday Brunch" in our red French Country dining room...
*

Photobucket

*
Dressing the Table...
*
I decided to layer two tablecloths. A green & white plaid (barkcloth) tablecloth goes on first...next, I added a smaller floral tablecloth that is in pretty pinks, buttery yellows, and yummy sagey greens! I placed them "corner to corner" on the table...a bit more informal with a cottage feel to it! I made these tablecloths several years ago and have always enjoyed using them during the Spring and Summer months!
*

Photobucket

*
The Centerpiece...
*
Some of you may recognize the centerpiece I am using for our "Good Friday Brunch"...I posted about it a few days ago! My large apothecary jar with bunny and eggs is the main attraction! If you would like to see more photos and read about how I put this little Spring vignette together...just click HERE! I have added a couple of different items to this centerpiece...a little green pitcher for juice and a small covered glass pedistal cake plate with a bird's nest so sweetly nestled inside!
*

Photobucket

*

Photobucket

*
Placemats...
*
When I was making the tablecloths...the green & white plaid and the floral pattern...I also made placemats to coordinate with the tablecloths. Wow...I really spent some time making these placemats...one side has the same floral print fabric as the smaller floral tablecloth, the other side (which you see pictured here) is another coordinating small plaid fabric! I made all of my own bindings that go around the placemats! I don't know if I've sewn that much since this little project...hehe!!! I just love mixing all of the different patterned fabric...plaids, florals, etc. It just feels so French Country to me!!!
*

Photobucket

*
The Place Setting...
*
The sagey green dinner plate comes from a set of dishes that I use for everyday use. I decided to use the salad/dessert plate from my Hallmark china called Rose Mist. As you can see, it has a pretty sagey green and pink plaid pattern around the edge...just perfect with the table linens! The pretty little green petal dish is actually a candleholder, however it's just the right size for a dish of berries for brunch!
*
I added a small glass for juice. These little glasses are very old and a gift from a friend! I also added a pink goblet for milk...my honey loves milk with all of his meals! hehe! These pretty pink goblets are also old and a gift from a friend...I wished I knew more about them!
*
The flatware belonged to my husband's family! They are so beautiful and have become one of my favorite to use! They're so frenchy!!!
*
A close-up of the salad/dessert plate from my Hallmark china "Rose Mist"...just look at that pretty pink rose in the center of the plate!
*

Photobucket

*

Photobucket

*
All the Details...
*
Well, they say that it's all in the details...all of the small "insignificant items" that by themselves may not be able to stand on their own...but when added into the "mix"...help to make a grand statement! I found these pretty little glittery eggs at Hobby Lobby...I only bought two but wished that I had purchased more now! Aren't they pretty with their cute little vintage Easter prints? This egg has a little girl holding a bunny!!!
*

Photobucket

*
This little vintage egg has two girls watching over a baby chick! Just look at their sweet little dresses! Each egg has a pretty off-white satin bow tied to the top!
*

Photobucket

*

Photobucket

*
The Cup....
*
How about a cup of freshly brewed coffee? Ohhh my, I must admit...I can't do without my coffee!!! This cup and saucer belong to the same sagey green set of dishes as the dinner plate that is used in this "Good Friday Brunch" tablescape! I bought this set at Walmart several years ago...they were very inexpensive but have been a good durable set!
*

Photobucket

*
The Napkin...
*
I have layered two napkins to get this pretty effect! The bottom napkin is a pretty light green damask...the top napkin matches the green & white plaid tablecloth! Ohhhh yes, I even made napkins to match this linen ensemble!
*

Photobucket

*
Napkin Rings...
*
I found these cute little silver napkin rings on sale at Hobby Lobby! A set of four...each sports a different style of teapot...I just love them!!!
*

Photobucket

*
Just another peek at the tablescape centerpiece!
*

Photobucket

*
Just a peek at the little bunny plate that I've used in this centerpiece/vignette! It's all in the details...remember? Hehe!!! I have had this darling little bunny plate for so long that I can't remember where or when I got it! Old age...
*
A close-up of the small sagey green pitcher! I know that this type of glassware has a name but I don't know what! Maybe someone can enlighten me!
*

Photobucket

*
Centerpiece/Vignette...
*
I used my large 20" apothecary jar filled with malted milk egg candy...little bunny with his pretty pink roses sits atop the eggs. I placed an ivy behind the apothecary jar for a little greenery. Added two mercury glass goblets, two silver candleholders with white candles, two (cast iron) birds, the bunny plate, and a covered pedistal cake dish with a sweet little bird's nest!
*
A close-up of the little bird's nest so sweetly nestled inside of the covered cake pedistal! I just love how this looks...tied a pretty blue gingham ribbon on the top...and VOILA!!!
*

Photobucket

*
Well my friends...there you have it...a table set for "Good Friday Brunch"! I'm just so happy that you decided to join us for a little food and fellowship while we celebrate that our Savour has risen...He's alive forever more!!!
*
Best wishes and many blessings during this Easter holiday!!! I will see you again next week! Thank you so much for coming by...please leave a comment and let me know you were here! I just love hearing from you!!!
*
Love ya'll,
Chari


59 comments:

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Chari, I loved your Easter story. The tablescape is so sweet. I love the dishes you've used. And I really love your color theme. I wish I could join you for a cup of coffee or tea. xoxoxo Terrie

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE your table!
Stop by tomorrow... tablescape musee trip... FAB place for dishes!

Lori said...

Chari,
What can I say? I love your tablescape, and the apothecary jar what a wonderful idea! You are so creative! I wish I had at least one bone in my body that was a creative as you! I always have to get advise from Lynette! I just love coming by your place and looking at your wonderful house!
Take care and have a Happy Easter!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

This is quite pretty - I love the placemats you made - wonderful - everything looks so inviting!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Chari this is as beautiful as you girl..WOW!! I didn't know you sewn also...what don't you do dear friend..I love that your children are getting bapisted and Easter and it was their idea...How cool is that..The centerpiece is just wonderful love that plate you have there and girl I love Russell family's flateware...
May you have a Blessed and wonderful Easter with your family..Love ya sis...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

a quiet life said...

oh that was delightful, love all your little touches, just as cute as can be! happy easter~

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Chari,
I'm not kidding when I say this may be one of my favorites ever! I love it that you made the tablecloth,napkins and placemats. The french country/cottage is my favorite look. Those napkins rings are just the cutest, I need to scoot on over to hobby lobby soon. The jar filled with bunny and candy is just beautiful! So much beautiful detail, Happy Easter to you and your family, Cindy

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Chari, Happy Easter! It is wonderful about your Children. What a great weekend you will have. I was a blubberpuss when my kids got baptized. Precious moment in time. They are now all serving the Lord, totally sold out to God. It is precious. Oh and your tablescape...just the best. Love the things you made and how it all fits beautifully together! Have an incredible weekend!
Blessings,
Debbie

Dream Mom said...

Nice job!

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

*sigh*

PERFECTION! So pretty ~ I would love to be seated at your lovely table ~ very, very nice!

:) xo~m.

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Chari - I love the whole mix of plaids and checks...its a tablescape after my own heart. So many wonderful details...like the cute little teapot napkin rings. Thanks so much for sharing this special table with us...Barb

Chrsiti@A Southern Life said...

Halleluia, Christ is risen. Beautiful!

Sue said...

Happy Easter Chari....your table is the cutest one I have seen tonight...adorable...Sue.

Katy said...

The absolutely adorable pitcher is Jadite, and I'm just about as green as it ... because I can't find one that I adore! I love yours! Great find... lovely tablescape!! Thanks so much for sharing... ~Katy (Plucky)

ellen b said...

Oh Chari! I'm enjoying everything you put together here. It is such a lovely Easter Brunch table. Christ is Risen! He is Risen Indeed!! Blessings...

Chandy said...

Gorgeous! I love how you broke them all down...

Martha said...

A pretty tablescape. Love the layering of the linens (and you can use more linens that way!) Love the colors you picked and that bunny in the jar and nest in the cloche are really cute!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Your table is gorgeous, Chari!!

Blessings to your sweet children upon their baptisms! What a joyful Easter!

Kathleen Ellis said...

Lovely, Chari! so fresh and springy!
Love the placemats you made...you are so talented!
Happy Easter!
;-D

The Raggedy Girl said...

What a really lovely table and I love your dining room, it is so pretty.

Have A Great Table Scape Thursday
from Roberta Anne

Nancy said...

Love the layering. I always stop by Tablescape Thursday and hope one day to be caught up enough to join. For now, just love all the ideas. Have a great day!

Pinky said...

Oh Chari, I am SOOO happy I came over to visit your table from Susan's TT. I just LOVE it and am so jealous that you can sew. Your linens are beautiful! The napkin rings just tug at my heart...I ahve a THING for napkin rings:):) What a great idea to oput the bunny in the apothecary jar! Great job! PLEASE go to my "correct post" at Susan's to see my table. I hope you like it! I don't have a blog so it will takle you to RMS. Thanks if you do go and rate it. Hugs, Pinky

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Chari, this is so charming. Each picture contained another delight, usually crafted by you! Using those pretty petal candle holders for plates is brilliant, and they are soooo perfect for this tablescape. All of the fabrics you layered are so pretty, and everything you used for a centerpiece is perfection. laurie

Scribbler said...

Very pretty -- my favorite thing is the "fountain" green glass bowl. I couldn't think of another way to describe it -- it looks like a splash of water! Very nifty.

Scribbler

Kristens Creations said...

Hi Chari, Thank you for all your sweet comments on my easter tablescape! Yours is so pretty! Where were you when I was looking for placemats, you could have whipped some right up for me ;) I love the little teapot napkin rings. Hobby Lobby....well, that's something I haven't see yet. Our's probably doesn't have them or I would surely know as much as I'm in there! Love your centerpiece with the bunny, too cute!

I have had a few more ladies ask about doing a tutorial on making bows. Don't give up on me, I'll post one soon. Have a happy easter! Kristen

Melissa Miller said...

Chari you are truly amazing at tablescapes!

The details you put into your home and place settings just carry through to your posts as well.
~Wonderful job!
I'm really impressed.

It is all gorgeous!
My favorite part is the sweet little egg ornaments. They are so detailed and beautiful.
Love the fresh colors and the way you layered the tablecloths.

Have a fabulous and blessed Easter my friend.
Enjoy your family!
~Melissa :)

Sue said...

Chari,
Your tablescape is so beautiful. Thank you for the detail of all the elements that went into putting it together, so lovely.
Hugs,
Sue

Mary @ Boogieboard Cottage said...

You Easter table is just adorable! I love the green glass flower bowl in the center and your rabbit and bird nest. Happy Easter!

Deb said...

Very, Very, Pretty! Deb

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Just saw your notes at my place and wanted to say thanks for always being so kind and thoughtful, you are a lovely person,and I am happy to count you as a friend, all the best to you this Easter...oh, and your table setting is well....simply lovely!! Talk soon, Chrissy

Salmagundi said...

I just know you are going to have a joyous Easter with the baptisms and everything. Take time to thoroughly enjoy your family and the glorious time of resurrection!! Sally

Candy said...

What a lovely table and what better way to celebrate the Savior's gift but through baptism. Welcome to the family Darrin & Danielle.
Enjoy the Holiday with family fellowship.
Blessings, Candy

Anonymous said...

you know i adore those dishes.you've done a wonderful job on all the tablecloth,napkins and place mats.darling.
your story was great.now please let that poor bunny have some air.i saw in your header Russel took the lid off then,tee hee...ann

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a lovely table. You really outdid yourself with this one. I loovvee it!

Betty Jo said...

Chari it is wonderful to meet you! Thank you soooo much for visiting my blog. Your tablescape is gorgeous, just gorgeous. Your entire blog is beautiful. I can't wait to explore previous posts. I'm going to add your link to my inspiring friends right away so I don't lose you. ♥

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

c. your table looks devine! I love all the color that you use in your home. You do color well! Happy Easter my friend!

Linda Q said...

Chari,
Wonderful table, all ready for the weekend! Love the layers and colors.
Linda Q

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Another fabulous tablescape. I love how you made the tablecloths & the placemats. I have fabric to make some, but don't ever seem to get around to sewing. But I need to. You are right about the details & girl you have some mighty fine details. I love it! My hubby likes to drink milk with his meals too. You were right about us being quite alike, as I see your Dollar Tree flower candle holders. At first I was going to buy the green ones to use for a different tablescape, but they only had 2, so I got the blue ones instead (still had to buy 2 different versions). I also enjoyed your comment on my blog about your hubby lifting off the apothecary jar lid to let the bunny get some air. Too funny!!! Enjoy your Easter weekend with the family. Happy to hear your kids are getting baptized. I have 2 step sons who don't want anything to do with church or religion in general. Hopefully someday they will change their mind. All I can do is pray & set a good example. Enjoy your holiday!

The Stylish House said...

Char,
I expected your table to be charming, and it met and exceeded my expectations! I love the atmosphere you created, especially the cloche filled with a birdie nest, topped off with a sweet bow. You mixed and matched beautifully, and anyone would be lucky to sit at your table. Wishing you a Happy Easter, with all my best. ~Cathy~

Sue said...

Hi Dear Chari! I'm so happy for you and your children, you are gonna have such a wonderful and blessed weekend! Your table is just beautiful with so many special touches, just like you! Have a blessed Easter sweetie! xoxoxo

Joyce said...

Have a wonderful Easter weekend with your family. I enjoyed your Easter story too. Your tablescape is so pretty and creative. My son was born on Easter Sunday morning which was a nice surprise in our Easter basket!
Joyce

the voice of melody said...

Your table is just too cute for words! Everything on it is so bright and happy. :)

By the way, congratulations on the upcoming baptism of Darrin and Danielle, you are surely one proud mama with good reason.

Many sweet blessings!

Lori (All That Splatters) said...

So pretty! And you take such lovely photos of everything. I love how creative you are!

Kathy said...

I love all your plaid Chari, those colours are beautiful together, your attention to detail is wonderful, Happy Easter, hugs, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

hi honey,i had to come look and again and reread your Easter story .i have a fan award for you.will you please drop by and pick it up...ann

artis1111 said...

So good to hear from you Chari. I just love the table , and those napkin holders are wonderful. The table is so inviting, I just want to sit down and have tea!. Pass the sugar!. I don't go back to RMS very often. It is just not the same, We use to have fun visiting each other. It is just diffrent now. Have a great Easter! Kathy

Decor To Adore said...

Beautiful! Have a glorious Easter weekend!

Linda in AZ * said...

* Cutie-Pie Chari~ This is SHEER PERFECTION... from START to FINISH!!! I absolutely SO ENJOYED every single pic, and how your wrote it all up, too... a most pleasant read as well as eye candy!!! DARLING use of the "candle/votive holders", too... I always think doing things like that makes it all MUCH more interesting!!! BTW, hope this doesn't sound "wierd", but it's obvious you take great care of your home, and everything in it... beautiful to see that, too! Warmest hugs n' wishes for a beautiful Easter, Linda *

~CC Catherine said...

Chari, I just found your blog today and have become a follower. What a lovely blog, and your post today just solidified why I need to follow it. You give tribute to the true meaning of Easter, the Resurrection of Christ, and that is so refreshing! Your tablescape is beautiful and I love the plaids and the soft colors. Your ctrpiece is so interchangeable and is just so delightful! I look forward to getting to know you better. I read your profile, we have much in common! I have three children we adore and two grandbabies that are the smiles in our hearts...God is GOOD ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME, GOD IS GOOD! ;) Have a BLESSED & HAPPY EASTER as you celebrate with them. And, what a blessing to have two children baptized! ;) ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Betzie said...

Just a gorgoues tablescape...Sandra
Lee would be envious!!!
Happy Easter!!!

Tomarie said...

Chari,

Thanks so much for visiting...and sorry it's taken me so long to get over here! I also want you to pick up the Fan Award too!! Cause you know I'm one of your biggest fans! :-)
I am enjoying my 3-day weekend and had a relaxing time camping over spring break! And only 6 more weeks to go...woohoo!! Yes, I can't WAIT to finally have the time to get back to cyberworld! I am really out of "posting practice" because it took me forever just to do a little ole post! LOL
Your tablescape is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Chari!! I love the color combinations too!
I hope you're having a nice weekend and have a joyful Easter friend! Love ya! L~

Tomarie said...

Thank you Chari!! :-) L~

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Just a quick visit. I wanted to say, "Happy Easter". xoxoxo Terrie

Cindy J. said...

Happy Easter to you too dear friend, oh what joy, your children that God has given you to love being baptized! My Mom was hospitalized all last week.. hard thing some times aging and hard to watch and be helpless to really help your loved one.. She is home again but really weak.. Of course I got sick..my frailty I don't always understand..but try to listen with my best listening ears to what God wants me to do. Hope you have a wonderful day and this tablescape is gorgeous.. Love, Cindy

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Miss Chari~ This tablescape is gorgeous. From the plates to those charming tea napkin rings. How I wished we had a hobby lobby....Hmmm, where do I go to lobby for one.

Come by for a visit. I'd enjoy the company

Sweet Easter Wishes,
Sara

xinex said...

Happy Easter, Chari! Love your tablescape, the pink and greens, the bunnies and eggs, the dishes and the lovely centerpiece. Beautiful all throughout!...Christine

santamaker said...

Chari,
Your table is so pretty and springy! I bet all of your guests were ooohing and awwwwing over all of the cute Easter details. Just lovely.

Barbara Jean said...

I love all those eggs!
No time to read right now, off and running. Do you tell about them in your post
?
Will try to get back later.

Barbara Jean

Sharing with Sherri said...

Awe.... such a sweet Easter table setting, love the color combination! made my eyes smile!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Sherri:)