4/12/2009

It's "Blue Monday"...

Hello my friends, welcome to Blue Monday! I hope that all of you had a wonderful Easter! As for me, I'm still walking on "cloud nine" because our son Darrin and daughter Danielle were baptized yesterday! What a momentous occasion!!!

Soooo....today it's back to normal, with the holiday behind us. I know that Monday's aren't always an easy day...many of us trying to get back into the "grind of things"...getting back to work, getting the kids back to school, or just plain trying to get things cleaned up and reorganized after the weekend's aftermath! Hehe!!! However, thanks to Sally and "Blue Monday", we have something pleasurable to look forward to on Mondays! Thank you, Sally!!!

Why don't you, with your finest Monday "hop, skip, and a jump" follow me over to Sally's place...Smiling Sally...to see what she has posted for our Monday's viewing pleasure! While we're there, we can check out all of the other Blue Monday particpants! Okay...ready...get set...let's go! Just click HERE!!!

Blue Monday and My Little Bluebirds...

Okay...I must confess that ever since I started thinking about this post about my little bluebirds...the song, "Blue Skies" has been stuck in my mind! Hehe!!! After thinking about the lyrics, I decided to share them with you...it's a lovely song and so sweet and Spring-like!!! I have also included the song, "Blue Skies" (sung by Eva Cassidy)...so turn up your volume and enjoy!!!

*******
"Blue Skies"

Blue skies smilin' at me
Nothin' but blue skies do I see
Bluebirds singin' a song
Nothin' but bluebirds all day long
Never saw the sun shinin' so bright
Never saw things goin' so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on
(Blue skies smilin' at meNothin' but blue skies do I see)
Never saw the sun shinin' so bright
Never saw things goin' so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly
Blue days, all of them gone
Nothin' but blue skies from now on
Nothin' but blue skies from now on

Ahhhh....Bluebirds!!!

If you're thinking...Gee, this set-up looks familiar...you're absolutely right! I've really been making full use of this little Spring time vignette! I used this vignette for my Easter tablescape...changed it up a bit by...taking a few things away and adding some different things into the mix! Hope you enjoy my little bluebirds!!!

Click to enlarge

Glass Covered Pedestal Dish...

I found this little glass covered pedestal dish at Hobby Lobby...yes, it was half-priced (honestly, I just never buy things at full price! Hehe!) It was marked down to $8, I thought that was a great buy! Not only can I serve desserts in this little beauty but I found that I can also use it for decor! I found this darling little nest at the Dollar Store for $3...I just love the sweet little bluebirds, eggs, and Spring flowers! I added a pretty green organza ribbon around the bottom of the nest and a blue & white checked ribbon to the top of the cover!

Click to enlarge


Ingredients for a Spring time vignette...

I. Linens...

For those of you that may be new to this Spring time vignette...I'll give some background info. This is in my dining room. I have layered the dining room table with two tablecloths...a green & white plaid tablecloth under a second tablecloth that has a squared pattern with pink and yellow roses. I made these tablecloths several years ago...along with placemats out of a coordinating fabric (the vignette is centered on the placemat.)

II. Greenery...

The first thing that I wanted was some greenery for the background...I shopped my house for this little ivy in a green metal planter.

III. Lighting...

Every vignette needs some candles and pretty candleholders...don't you agree? I added two silver candleholders with white tapered candles. I also decided to use (again) the Easter eggs that I found at Hobby Lobby...they're so pretty and glittery...with the sweetest vintage prints of little girls, bunnies, and chicks! They had a pretty satin bow with which they could be hung so I thought they might look nice hung around the candles.

IV. Fillers...

You know...creating a vignette is like building a home! First you lay a foundation (table coverings), secondly...a little landscaping (the greenery), thirdly...the lighting (candles), and last but not least...the accessories or fillers! Hehe...Well, I guess you get the point! This vignette just needed something else...so I added into the mix, my mercury glass goblets (since I already had silver going)...next, I added the darling little bunny plate, an egg shaped glass canister with a little bunny inside of it, and two creamy white birds!

V. And of course the main attraction, the little bluebirds in a nest...nestled so sweetly under the glass covered pedestal dish.

And....VOILA!!! There you have it...a Spring time vignette!!!


Click to enlarge


Lalala..."Bluebirds singin' a song..." Lalala...

Click to enlarge


My "artsy" photos...hehe!

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge


Click to enlarge

Well my friends...I'm so happy to see you today!!! I hope that my Blue Monday post left you with a song in your heart!!!



I always feel so blessed to have you visit...you always put a song in my heart!!! I love hearing from you...please leave me a comment and let me know you were here!!!

*******
Love ya'll,
Chari


30 comments:

Nicole ~ said...

Chari, you have such beautiful vignettes!! They are always filled with so many pretty things. I always look forward to seeing more.

I hope you have a wonderful Monday, Nicole

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Chari, I love your little blue birds. They look adorable on your table. Congrats on the baptisim.
Hugs, Terrie

Kathy said...

Hello Chari, your vignette is beautiful, I love your glass pedestal and blue birds, congrats on the baptism, Happy blue Monday, hugs, Kathy.

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

You always leave me with a song in my heart! Beautiful blue birds. Love the new pedestal dish, and the little nest with blue birds is so pretty. It was great the way you broke down the elements of a vignette. Everything on your table looks absolutely lovely. laurie

Eleanor said...

What a rich and varied Blue Monday post! I did enjoy it. It must have been a wonderful baptism on Easter Sunday.

artis1111 said...

This is so pretty. I love the little chicks. Kathy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Chari,
What a pretty vignette! Love the blue birds. How wonderful that your children got baptized yesterday! Congratulations; a day to remember! Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

SmilingSally said...

What a great day to be baptized! I love your nest vignette. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.

Anonymous said...

fabulous.that made it an even more important day for you.you just made me remember back to the day mine were baptised.awesome day.
your vinyettes are lovely as always.of course i love the little birdies...ann

Betty Jo said...

Chari everything is just beautiful, especially the little bluebirds in the nest. Love your photos! ♥

Barb said...

Chari, your photos are lovely.

Happy Blue Monday

Barb

Valerie said...

Your springtime vignette is just beautiful and I LOVE that you provided some step-by-step instructions for those of us that are NOT naturals at tablescaping!

Blessings to you this Easter Monday,
Valerie

Candy said...

Thanks for stopping by this morning to see my pretty girls and your sweet comments. Sweet, too, are your little blue birds.
Happy Monday, Candy

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Good mornin' Chari! Oh, I love your vignettes!!! These little bluebirds are too sweet! You really know how to do this! What a wonderful weekend you had! How blessed to watch people you love give themselves over to the Lord in baptism! Your Easter had triple the meaning! You have a great day! It's raining here. We've had some storms come thru but none of them have turned out as bad as they thought. God Bless you today Chari! Lauralu :)

annies home said...

great post very pretty tablescape

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Pretty tablescape...and a great post...

Mary @ Boogieboard Cottage said...

I love your vignette! I love vignettes in general, they're so fun, and I love blue birds! :O)

Claudie said...

You have the same glass pedestal as I do. I love all your pretties. Your blog is beautiful.
Happy Blue Monday
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

Sweetie said...

Thanks for sharing the lovely Spring time vignette - and also for the background information. You really have some innovative ideas. Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Chari this is just lovely girl..what did you do with your candy and the bunny jar? did Russ give him air one to many times? ha ha!! Happy Blue Monday to you girl friend..love ya sis...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Salmagundi said...

Beautiful blue!! We saw a bluebird yesterday in the snow - it was gorgeous. It really snowed here yesterday, and Mike said it rained and snowed on him all of the way home to Wiggins. It's good, though, we still need the moisture. Have a great day. Sally

Melissa Miller said...

Awww Chari! :)

I just love this precious bluebird vignette.
Ca-uuuute!
You make the all time sweetest vignettes in all of blogland.
Love your glass dish from HL. Very pretty.

That is wonderful news about the baptism.
I'm happy to hear you had a joyous and blessed Easter.
Ours was very quiet but nice.

Have a wonderful week my friend.
~Melissa :)

Joyce said...

Sweet post and sweet bluebirds. Congrats again on the baptisims and since it was on Easter week it is extra special! Off to sing the song!
Joyce

The Stylish House said...

Chari,
Too darn cute for words...Congrats on your son & daughter's baptism, what a special milestone! Happy Blue Monday...I am swearing off the jelly beans. ~Cathy~

~CC Catherine said...

Chari, What adorable blue birds...Your vignette is adorable! The egg shape glass candy dish with the bunny inside is also precious! Very much a great Easter Celebration of blues and festive spirit...and the beat goes on! ;) Congrats again on the blessing of having your daughter and son baptized yesterday! ;) ~CC Catherine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Chari,
As usual you have a beautiful post! I love the bluebirds in the nest and all the pretties you gathered around it. You just have a knack my friend, love the tutorial too! Cindy

Tomarie said...

This is absolutely adorable!! I have a "thing" for bluebirds myself...I think it's because my mother liked them so much when I was growing up. This is just charming Chari!! Now...come to my house and do this to my table! I'll provide the drinks, coffee...or whatever addiction you need to decorate...haha!! Love ya gf! :-) L~

janet said...

Chari, our kids are still home until tueday, they have Easter monday off and depending on where you work you are also home today.

I never get tired of seeing your lovely table and all the beautiful changes. Absolutely gorgeous!!! and your blue birds are just too sweet.
hugs
janet

Barbara Jean said...

Chari,
that is an adorabel vignette!
(Just think, now you will be able to make your own nests!!) =0)

I just knew i was going to love it here. I'm adding you to my favs list so i will be back.

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

Barbara Jean said...

PS Did i say love that egg??
And I made cards out of the same bunny you have on your plate.
Did you make your plate yourself??

Barbara Jean