6/25/2011

Sunday Favorites...No. 106

*
Welcome to the 106th "Sunday Favorites"


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance to share a favorite post from the past!!! For more information on how to republish a past post just click HERE.

~~~~~~
*
Hello my friends!!!
*
Welcome to the 106th run of "Sunday Favorites"
*
I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend!  It's another "beautiful weather" weekend here in Colorful Colorado!  I just love summer...don't you?   
*
Today for Sunday Favorites, I thought I would share a post from June, 2009...called "It's a Cloche Party...A Few of My Favorite Things".  I hope that you enjoy!
* 
Have a super Sunday!!!
* 
**********
* 
Just a little note: Sunday Favorites Criteria
* 
When I first started the Sunday Favorites meme, my initial thought was to offer a solution for getting a post out on the weekend without having to spend alot of time doing so...weekends are just a busy time for most of us! Copying and pasting a previous post is so quick and easy. Not only is this a quick and easy solution to the busy weekends, but it's also an opportunity to dig back into our blog archives and share a favorite "past" post once again! Many of us spend alot of time and effort creating a post and it just seems a shame that it is viewed only once and then forgotten about!
* 
I would like to reiterate that Sunday Favorites is a meme about sharing or revisiting a post from the PAST!
* 
Thank you!!!

~~~~~~~~
*
Instructions for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
If you are participating in Sunday Favorites, please be sure to add your permalink and not your general blog address.
*
Please copy and paste the Sunday Favorites logo button to your Sunday Favorites post or your sidebar so your visitors will know that you are participating. Also...please link back to the host blog, Happy To Design. This is important because it helps those who are visiting your blog, find the other wonderful blogs that are participating.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is actually published to your blog.
*
Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!

Love ya'll,
Chari



*

Sunday Favorites

My favorite post from: June 18, 2009
**
It's A Cloche Party!!!

*
*Hello my friends...the day has finally arrived for the Cloche Party!!! I've been soooo excited!!!
*
*This fabulous Cloche Party is being hosted by a very dear friend of mine...Marty from A Stroll Thru Life blog. If you haven't ever met Marty, you really must go over to her place and do so...she's just the sweetest gal and she has the most delightful blog! I can guarantee you that you'll make a dear friend and be totally inspired by her beautiful home and many great ideas and never ending talents!!!

While you're over at Marty's, you'll find a list of all the participants or should I say, "party-goers"! Hehe!!! I just know that there will be so many beautifully decorated cloches and apothecary jars on display!!! I'm always ready for some new and innovative ideas when it comes to decorating!!!

Pre-party Excitement...

This week, due to all of my excitement about the Cloche Party, I did a little pre-party posting!
*
Monday I posted my "Cherub in a Jar"...apothecary jar, that is!
Tuesday..."Bird's Nest Under Glass" cloche!
Wednesday..."Bunny in a Jar"...another apothecary jar design!
*
You can just scroll down to those posts to see them...I sure hope that you'll take a peek at them!
*
Without further ado...here is my contribution or little "party favor" for the Cloche Party!

~~~~~~~~~~
*\
"Cloches & Buttons and Creamy White Ironstone"
These are a Few of My Favorite Things...."

*
*
*
*
My Miniature Cloche

This is a miniature cloche that I found at an antique shop several months ago. It was on sale for just $2...that incuded the little glass pedestal plate that it's sitting on as well! This little cloche only measures 6 in. tall (10 in. tall including the pedestal plate).

I searched and searched for something pretty to put in my miniature cloche...and finally decided to add a bunch of pretty gold, black, and white buttons! I tied a feathery white ribbon to the handle and added an vintage looking key!
*
*
*
*
*
In celebration of the Cloche Party...I wanted to make a vignette using my newly decorated cloche.
*
 I took one of my silver handled trays and added a few of my favorite things...a creamy white ironstone soup tureen...a silver beaded rope with tassels...a silver frenchy looking ornament...a couple of silver candleholders with white candles...and my newly decorated cloche filled with pretty gold buttons!
*
A New Vignette for the Living Room
*
In my olive colored living room, I have a beautiful picturesque window...it's very large and situated right next to the front door of our home...so it recieves much attention. I have an antique mohogany sofa table placed in front of this window. I think this will be the perfect place for "A Few of My Favorite Things" vignette!
* 
I placed the silver tray with my newly decorated cloche in the center of the sofa table. I added a large crystal vase full of white hydrangeas to the left side of the tray...and a couple of old books with my favorite french girl bust...to the right side!
*
Voila!!!...now I have a brand new vignette for my living room table!
*
*
My french girl bust...isn't she sweet?
*
*
A few "artsy" photos of the buttons in a cloche!
*
*
I found a new toy...the frosted window frame around my cloche photo is an effect that can be found at Flickr!
I love how this pretty frosted frame looks!!!
*
*
Ooooh...so many pretty kinds of buttons!
*
*
Another photo framing technique from Flickr!
*
*
I have just learned how to make mosaics with my photos...I've been having soooo much fun doing this!
*

*
Well my friends...thank you for letting me share a "Few of My Favorite Things" with you today! I hope that you enjoyed my new vignette and my miniature cloche full of pretty buttons!!!

15 comments:

Alison @ The Polohouse said...

Love the bust and cloche and the button display.
So lovely... all of it!
xx
A

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

All of it is so pretty Chari~! Love all the buttons and tassles. And they are all displayed so beautifully. Have a wonderful Sunday!
Hugs,
Diann :)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I adore your vignette, it is so rich looking. Thank you for hosting each week... I'm happy to be a participant this week.. Have a beautiful Sunday. hugs ~lynne~

Pat said...

Oh, I love your button cloche and the little French girl. Chari, you have such a talent for arranging and then taking such detailed, interesting photos. Thanks for hosting.

Pat

The Tablescaper said...

Love the cloche full of beautiful buttons. Just fabulous.

- The Tablescaper

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Oh dear Chari, how beautiful this is!! I'm not creative for vignettes as you are, my goodness, everytime they have a beautiful romantic aura about them and such a soft, old world finesse! I love the bust and your pretty cloches. Buttons and tassels, wow, just great! Thank you for hosting Chari, I love to join your Sundays. Love, Fabby

podso said...

Thanks for hosting, Char and hope you are having a good weekend. I love your buttons...such a pretty tablescape from two years ago.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Hi Chari~ What a lovely bust and cloche- they are darling~ and your photos are wonderful :) Thanks for hosting!! :)

Clutterhome said...

Thank for hosting! I didn't realize you could use Flikr to make photo mosaics! I need to check that out!

Sarah said...

Chari, I remember this beautiful post fondly. I'm thrilled to visit these charming vignettes again. Thank you for sharing and for hosting Sunday Favorites each week. ~ Sarah

Keetha Broyles said...

Every so often I hear them say "cloche" on the Food Network and I think of all you girls and your fancy smancy decorative cloches!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Thank you darling Chari, for visiting Sofie's dishes and for the always wonderful and so generous comments you've left me! I just joined your fab party, again!! I have a little Patriotic table and next Sunday I will not be around much, going away on a trip to the capital! Hope you have time to come by again,as I do appreciate your opinion. Love U. FABBY

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Cloches are my all time favorite thing to decorate with. I hate (love) to admit that I have quite a few of them. Yours look very lovely! Love the buttons.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The pretty buttons are always wonderful to see! I love your beautiful decorating and sweet comments! Thanks for always saying something that lifts my spirits! What a sweet friend you are! ♥

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Chari..you are simply amazing at designing and arranging. What fantastic taste you have! I am always stunned at how beautifully you put things together!
Hugs,
Mona