6/20/2011

A New French Beauty...

*
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
I have a "new" French beauty that I would like to share with you today!
*
Recently when my dear friend Gloria from Happy To Be blog was here visiting, we took a day and went to Ft. Collins, Colorado.  Of course Gloria and I both share a "love" for anything old...vintage...or antique, so I really wanted to take her to a few of my favorite antique flea markets.  We had such a great time!  I loved walking through the antique market with Gloria...she is very savvy when it comes to antiques and I really enjoyed hearing her tell the history and particulars about certain items!  Gloria is like a "walking encyclopedia" when it comes to information about antiques!
*
I came home with several treasure finds from that little shopping trip, however one of my favorite "finds" of the day was a fabulous french bust!
*
*
A French Beauty...
*
Here we are in my living room...
*
As you can see...I have a very large window on one end of my living room.  I have said it many times before, but must say it again...this area is one of my favorite "views" in my entire home!  I love this large window...it let's in such nice light and I love the view!  The window itself is situated next to the front entry door.  I always try to keep a pretty vignette in this window since it can be seen from the front of our home.
*
A New Living Room Vignette...
*
I decided to change the vignette in my living room to accommodate my new french bust!  Really...I didn't change much...just did a little shuffling.
*
And here "she" is...in all of her fabulous frenchy glory!
*
This year, I brought a lot of white...with accents of silver...into the living room to lighten up the decor for the spring and summer season.  I achieved this by using a few pieces of white ironstone as well as a few pieces of silver.  I used the same color theme to decorate the fireplace mantel in the living room as well.  If you would like to see that...you can just click HERE.
*
The decorative white finial and white ironstone tureen/plate really does bring a lighter feel into the room...I love that!  And...I love adding a few pieces of silver into the mix...for a little elegant ambiance!
*
All of the photos are pretty "self-explanatory"...so I will try and spare you all the "gab"! Hehe!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
A French Beauty...
*
Isn't she a beauty?  I really do adore her!
*
This french bust stands a stately 19" in height and I believe that it is chalkware.  I love her "up-do"...you know, the pretty hair style that she is sporting!  And...I also love the soft draping of her french gown and that it is so stylishly falling off of one shoulder! 
*
...but...
*
the thing that really makes my heart-a-flutter...is...
*
all of the soft...beautiful...calli lilies that adorn the bodice of her gown!
*
Ahhhh...très beau et tellement très élégant!
*

*
*
*

*
*
*
*
I decided to add a beautiful pearl necklace!
*
This very beautiful...vintage...pearl necklace belonged to my late mother-in-law.  It is such a precious treasure and what a wonderful way to display its beauty...to let my new french lady wear it!
*
A close-up of the vintage, three-strand, pearl necklace.
*
*
*
The decorative "artichoke" finial.
*
*
*
*
*
and Voila...there you have it!  A new home for my new "French Beauty"!
*
*
*
*
I am joining...
*

Table Top Tuesday...hosted by Marty over at A Stroll Thru Life.
*
Thank you, Marty...for hosting this fabulous party for us!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well dear friends...I am so happy that you stopped by today!  I hope that you enjoyed my new living room vignette and my new "French Beauty"!  Please leave me a note and let me know that you were here.  I would love to visit with you!
*
Warmest Summery Wishes!

20 comments:

Sharing with Sherri said...

Love your new french beauty Chari! She looks stunning in her lilly covered dress and vintage pearls.
She's a perfect addition to your vignette! Love the artichoke finial too!
Now are you going to give your new french beauty a name? How about Lilly?:) I checked the french translation... apparently it's the same as in english.
She's definitely a beauty, no matter how you say it though!

Have a nice week!
Sherri:)

Salmagundi said...

And what a beauty she is! You found that in Ft. Collins? We haven't been up there for about a year, but always enjoy antiquing on south College. Thank goodness it is cooler here today. How about you? Enjoy the week. Sally

Blondie's Journal said...

The bust is just beautiful, Chari. I love how you have her all dressed up in bling! The entire vignette are your table is stunning...you do have a way with pretty vignettes!

I would love o go shopping with Gloria. She is so antique savvy! I know you both must have had a great time!!

Stop by, I'm having a giveaway!

XO,
Jane

Debbie said...

I love that bust, and when you put the pearls on it, it added the perfect touch of whimsy to a really elegant vignette. I really love your style.

My sister lives in Ft. Collins. I haven't visited her since I'm afraid to fly. I've heard it's a lovely city.

Theresa said...

Gorgeous dear Chari! I think your window is so pretty and your newest addition just makes it even more beautiful! I know you and Gloria had a wonderful time... chatting, shopping and giggling! Friends are the best!

Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Unknown said...

So Pretty! I love her! And your vignette is so elegant. :)

~Liz

lvroftiques said...

She's gorgeous Chari! I'd have swept her up in a red hot minute too! And the pearls look lovely on her! That Ms Gloria certainly is a walking encyclopedia! *winks* Vanna

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Yes, she is indeed a beauty!!! I want her!!! The vignette is very pretty! How did you get such gorgeous pictures of the window?? I can never get good pictures of my front window! I even have a very bad picture of it posted today on my tabletop Tuesday!

Did you name your French beauty? Bet she is "Lily!"

Katherine

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

She is quite the beauty!!! Your vignette looks so lovely. And I love your view. I am so jealous.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

This is a wonderful vignette, Cheri! I love your new French beauty and those pearls are pretty fantastic, too! I also love the ivy in the tureen ~ great idea for a floral/greenery piece.

Marilyn said...

Ok, to whatever it was you wrote in French! I only know English and Spanish...never could figure out what characters were saying in those romance novels. However, I know when something is good to look at!(How's that for poor grammar?!) It is all delightful. Haven't been to Fort Collins in about two years. I can't believe it and will have to go before school starts in the middle of August! Have a great week-maybe the wind will disappear! Or blow away, I can only hope. ♥♫

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Chari, she is indeed stunning. Such a wonderful find and definitely a beauty. Love all of her fabulous detail. You know I love this window and this table. It is always "dressed" to perfection and this vignette is stunning. You do the best job. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Good Morning Chari,
OMG girl, I love her! She is simply devine, wearing her pearls and looking so pretty and perfect in her new home!
I wish everyone could see how lovely your home is in person! It truly is outstanding!
Hey girl, it's cloudy, rainy and cooler here too!
Our one excitement is we're visiting Jane(Blondie) and hubby Al at their lake home this weekend!
Can't wait!
Big Hugs coming your way!
Cindy

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Chari,
I love your new French lady adorned with the vintage pearls; so whimsical! She is a beautiful addition to your vignette in that gorgeous window. I just love your style, my friend. The artichoke is lovely too.

Thanks for stopping by my blog this afternoon. I always love having you stop in for a visit.
I just found out that you and I have a few things in common; we were both pastor's wives and worship leaders of non-denominational churches! Cool, eh?
Have a delightful day, my sweet friend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

I love your French beauty's up-do as well.. and a beauty she is indeed! Loving all the detailing and she is looking so happy to be part of your lovely vignette. And I must say that I adore your mother-in-law's vintage pearls... it looks soo beautiful!I love all decorative finials and yours is simply gorgeous, and makes such a wonderful statement in your vignette.Thanks for sharing with us.Have a wonderful week!~Poppy

http://withadashofcolor.blogspot.com/

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

The new "lady" in your house is beautiful!
I agree, that area of your home with that fabulous window is the most delightful place. I would want to always be rearranging it too. It is a lovely place to be!
I am so happy that you entered the Mikasa Giveaway at StoneGable. I bet you could do something so beautiful with that china!
xo
Yvonne

Mary said...

And a beauty she is Chari! I love that you have your MIL's necklace displayed & draped so lovingly around her neck! Your window framed with your drapes, that gorgeous light and lovely vignette is beautiful!

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Chari,
What a beautiful vignette!! Your french bust is just gorgeous!
and what a view from that beautiful window!!
Magnificent!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Katie Nicoll said...

What a lovely sight! That sunlight just caught a perfect angle off your window, making your deco look softer and picturesque. You're very serious about your flea market shopping spree to have picked up these gems!

Anonymous said...

Hi would you mind stating which blog platform you're working with? I'm looking to start my own blog in
the near future but I'm having a hard time choosing between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal. The reason I ask is because your design and style seems different then most blogs and I'm looking for something unique.
P.S Apologies for being off-topic but I had
to ask!

Also visit my site :: home cellulite treatment