12/17/2011

Sunday Favorites...No. 129

*
Welcome to the 129th "Sunday Favorites" Party 


"Sunday Favorites" is a Sunday meme designed to give bloggers a chance
 to share a favorite post from the past!
* 
For more information on how to republish a past post just click HERE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Hello my friends!
*
Welcome to the 129th run of "Sunday Favorites"
*
I hope that you're having a wonderful weekend!  Wow...where does the time go to?
  The "Christmas Countdown" clock is ticking away....tic-toc...tic-toc!  Hehe!
*
  I have been busy...busy!  I'm sure that all of you have been busy as well...with
 Christmas preparations and all of the fun things that this season brings.  Honey and I
 have just decided that we will be driving to Texas to spend Christmas with my three
 daughters and all my grandchildren.  I am soooo excited!  It has been a very long
 time since we have all been together for Christmas. 
*
Sunday Favorites Cancelled for Dec. 25th and Jan. 1st.
*
In light of my absence and because Christmas falls on a Sunday this year...
I will be cancelling the December 25th Sunday Favorites party.  I know that
 everyone will be busy with their families anyway.  I am also cancelling the Sunday
 Favorites party scheduled for January 1, 2012 as well.  I'll just be getting home
 from our travels.  I will miss all of you and your wonderful reposts.  We'll
continue to the regular Sunday Favorites schedule for January 8, 2012.
  So I'll see you then! 
*
Today for Sunday Favorites...I am revisiting a post from December
 27, 2010...called "And...It's a Wrap".  I hope that you enjoy!
*
 Well my friends...I'm looking forward to seeing your Sunday Favorites
 posts this week and visiting with you!  You can sign up for the party at the
 end of this post!
*
Have a super Sunday!
Chari
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Sunday Favorites My favorite post from:
December 27, 2010
*
*
"And ...It's a Wrap"
*
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
Myyyy...ohhh MY! Christmas has come...and gone! I don't know about
 you, but the week that follows Christmas is always kind of a let down for me.
 All the busyness of the season...slows...and it's time to get things back to normal!
 I love Christmas and it would be just fine by me...if it never ended! Hehe!
*
I hope that each of you had a wonderful and blessed Christmas! I
 certainly did! My two step-children are still here visiting. I will be spending
 the week enjoying them...and I will begin the arduous process of putting away all
 the Christmas decor. Yesterday I purchased several nice, heavy plastic storage
 bins.  I'm hoping to go through all of my Christmas and organize it a bit!
 It may take me awhile...eeeks!
*
Anyway, I will be back next week. In the meantime, I thought I would
 share just a bit more of the silver and white Christmas decor in my french
 country dining room (there are a few new photos taken from a different angle in
 my dining room).  I just loved how it turned out...I'm still really enjoying it! I
 have decided to leave it...as is...at least for the month of January! It looks
 January Wintery! I hope you enjoy! I will see you soon, sweet friends!!!
*
*
Shimmering Silver and Sparkling White
"Wintery January"
*
*
A vintage silver soup tureen filled with mercury glass ornaments...nestled into
 fresh pine boughs...serves as the table centerpiece in my dining room.
*
I added white pearl berry picks into the pine greenery...along with a few mercury
 glass pinecones and silver/white ornaments.
*
*
White organza ribbon...twirls and swirls...around the jeweled
 mercury glass ornaments!
*
 I love this look! I just threaded the ribbon through the loops on the top of the ornaments.
*
*
*
*
*
Hmmm...I guess I will take the "NOEL" signs out of the
centerpiece for January...otherwise the rest can stay!
*
...and...
*
It's a Wrap!
*
*
Saying so long to Christmas 2010!
 It was fabulous!
*

Well my friends...I'm so glad that you stopped by today for a visit!
 It won't be long till we are ringing in a brand new year! Ohhh my...where
 did 2010 go to? Hehe!
*
Warmest Wishes!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
*
Sunday Favorites
*
*
Guidelines for Participating in Sunday Favorites
*
Add a "visible" link for the Sunday Favorites party to your blog post or add
 the Sunday Favorites button from my sidebar.
* 
The link leading back to Happy To Design should be a "visible" link in
 your post...not "Parties Here" or "Find the parties that I am linking to in my
 sidebar" or somewhere else is...unacceptable!   No one should have to
 search for the parties you are joining.
*
Please do not add your link below, until your Sunday Favorites post is
 actually published to your blog.  If you are participating in Sunday Favorites,
 please be sure to add your permalink and not your general blog address.
*
If you have found that your link has been deleted...then it was not following
 the guidelines.  Please read the instructions and try again.
*

Thank you so much for your participation!!! I am going to really enjoy going
 through your "Sunday Favorites" posts!!!
*
*
***Just a little note: Sunday Favorites Criteria***
*
When I first started the Sunday Favorites meme, my initial thought was to
 offer a solution for getting a post out on the weekend without having to spend alot
 of time doing so...weekends are just a busy time for most of us! Copying and pasting
 a previous post is so quick and easy. Not only is this a quick and easy solution to
 the busy weekends, but it's also an opportunity to dig back into our blog archives
 and share a favorite "past" post once again! Many of us spend alot of time and
 effort creating a post and it just seems a shame that it is viewed only once
 and then forgotten about!
*
I would like to reiterate that Sunday Favorites is a meme about sharing or
 revisiting a post from the PAST!  Please do not add a freshly published post
 to the Sunday Favorites party...it is NOT what this party is about.
*
Thank you!!!
*
*

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Chari, it's all so lovely. That vintage soup tureen is my favorite. I polished silver one night this week. Love the look of silver during the holidays. ~ Sarah

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Oh so beautiful-I am so impressed! Love the ornaments in the soup tureen

Sonny G said...

Love all your silver and sparkles Chari. I can only imagine all the twinkling at night. Like a wonderland for sure.

Thank you for hosting this party for us.

Dawn said...

The love the mercury glass ornaments. They look just beautiful in your arrangement. I am the opposite of you, Christmas day I can't wait to get rid of it all. It all feels like dust collectors to me. LOL

Anonymous said...

You are right, that centerpiece is perfect to keep up for the winter months! Beautiful, Chari! I wasn't blogging last year so I don't have anything from the past to bring to the party, but will definitely enjoy visiting! Have a fabulous trip, and enjoy being with your family! See you in the new year!

podso said...

I just love the light in your photos! It is all so beautiful! Hope you're having a good weekend!

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Wow, everything is so beautiful. you have an eye for beautiful designs. I am in awe of those mercury ornaments and all of the silver. Thanks for hosting! Happy Holidays.

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi lovely lady.
Chari, I all way's enjoy coming over to see you. The mercury glass ornaments are Gorgeous. You did a beautiful job putting this all together for the Christmas Holiday.
XXOO Diane

Anonymous said...

Thanks for hosting this party! Great idea!