4/19/2010

A Springtime Tea



Hello my friends...I hope that you're having a great day!

We have been having beautiful weather here in Colorful Colorado. Ahhh...there is nothing like a warm, spring day to inspire a little decorating! So I have been busy changing out my home's warm winter frocks for a fresh...lighter...springtime look! I always enjoy redecorating for the new season!!!

Last week I created a "Springtime" tablescape for Tablescape Thursday. Before I put away the centerpiece that I used for that table, I decided to do a little "Springtime Tea"! I hope that you enjoy! *

*A Springtime Tea


Here we are in my french country dining room! *


This springtime tea is done is soft sagey greens and blues...paired with white! *

A "Springtime Tea" Centerpiece...

*The focal point in this "Springtime Tea" centerpiece is a white, decorative iron bird cage filled with trailing greenery...and if you look real close, you will see a white bird inside of the bird cage. I added two white masonary candleholders with white pillar candles to each side of the bird cage. A pretty ornate, masonary orb on a pedestal and a green vintage pitcher sits to the left of the cage. On the right hand side, you will find a decorative plate on a stand and a wooden block with a pretty picture of a bird on it. *


I am using my white ironstone tea/coffee pot that was manufactured by JG Meakins.


*



*A close-up photo of the wooden block with the pretty bird and the decorative plate on the stand. *


One of the things that I love best about spring...are the sweet birds!!!

*This sweet little white porcelain bird has a pretty cutwork design on his wings! *


I just love this wooden block...it measures about 5"x 5"...and has a picture of the prettiest little bird on it! Love the soft aqua blue background! A little white, cast iron bird sits atop the wooden block! *


A "Springtime Tea" Place Setting...

* I am using a teacup and saucer from my old white ironstone set of dishes, A dessert plate called Nature's Garden by Certified International, and a white lacy charger plate. *

The pretty sage green and blue striped napkin is from Pottery Barn. *



Nature's Garden dessert plate by Certified International.

I won this pretty set of plates in a gift giveaway from Diann over at The Thrifty Groove. Aren't they gorgeous? Thank you, Diann!!! There is a different design on each of the four plates...2 different birds...a butterfly...and a dragonfly. These pretty plates were the inspiration for last week's Tablescape Thursday. If you would like to see that tablescape...just click HERE. * I just love the bird on this plate...and look at the beautiful sagey greens and blues!!! *


A close-up of the Pottery Barn napkin.

The wooden napkin ring has carved leaves on it...from Walmart. *


The second place setting with a different bird. *

I just love my lacy charger plates. They were a gift from my best friend Gloria from Happy To Be blog. I have gotten "miles" of use out of these pretty metal charger plates!!!

Many of you know Gloria...she is just one of the dearest and sweetest ladies! I just talked to her yesterday, she is very sick with pneumonia and may be going into the hospital today. Would you please say a prayer for my dear friend? I really am worried about her!!! *


A Springtime Tea


I am joining these fabulous parties today...



Tuesday Tea for Two...hosted by Wanda over at the Plumed Pen.*



Tea Time Tuesday...hosted by Lady Katherine over at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor. *



Tea Time Tuesday...hosted by Sandi over at Rose Chintz Cottage. **


Table Top Tuesday...hosted by Marty over at A Stroll Thru Life. *


Thank you, Wanda, Lady Katherine, Sandi, and Marty for graciously hosting these fabulous Tuesday parties for us!!! We appreciate you, dear friends!!!


Please go by and see what these sweet ladies have prepared for us today...you won't want to miss it! You will find a list of all the other party participants while you are over there!


Well my friends...I hope that you enjoyed my "Springtime Tea" table today! Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here...I'd love to visit with you!!!


Have a fabulous day!


28 comments:

Treasia Stepp said...

Such a beautiful tea Chari. I love the birds and the colors you've chosen for this tea setting. Simply gorgeous.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Chari,
It's beautiful. Sorry that I've been such a terrible blogging friend lately. I have really slacked on visiting blogs & leaving comments. But I really love this springtime tea table. The plates are fabulous. And I am so sorry to hear about Gloria. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. Please keep us updated on her. Take care & now I'm off to view your Tablescape Thursday post.
Kim

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a pretty tea, Chari! I love the colours! I have two of those same little birdies with the cut-outs. Lovely tea post! I also host a Tea Time on Tuesdays, and I would love to have you stop by. Have a beautiful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

D. Jean Quarles said...

I love the birdie plates. So very cute.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Chari, I love how it looks like you just effortlessly put a table together. I love the centerpieces you create. Love that bird block and the bird plates. Such a pretty spot for tea. I will be right over!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

It's gorgeous Chari! I really have enjoyed seeing this beautiful table. I am so glad you stopped by and updated me on Gloria. Yikes! She has me very worried too. I am feeling much better myself. My daughter and I even went shopping today. (For her of course)! But, enough about me. Please let me know if you hear any new news about Gloria. I need to get to town and find a pretty card to send. Big Hugs, Cindy

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

I love the colors of the sage green with the white--such a pretty color scheme! The birds of course are a delightful touch. The napikins are so pretty too!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Such a pretty tea setting. I love your spring birds and spring sage green. So pretty!

Victoria said...

Super enchanting post..beautiful photos..i looove that bird wood block too..gorgeous!Fabulous work..you're a creative spirit..magical!
Kiki~

Heidi said...

Hi Chari,
I'd love to sit down for a cup of tea with you at this pretty table! I just love all the birds, esp. the block and the plate. Everything is just perfect!
Have a wonderful week.
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Chari, this is just so pretty. I love the pretty soft green color and the birds are my favorite too. The big bird you have in our cage is wonderful with it's little tassel. I am also drooling over that orb finial. love it. You always do the prettiest vignettes, thanks so much for joining the party. Beautiful eye candy. Hugs, Marty

Jane said...

Oh you did such a nice job. I like the white with the greens and blues. Thanks for inviting us.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty, Chari! I love all your bird items added to the table!

The Inspired Nest said...

Gorgeous display! You really have a gift for putting vignettes together.

Gypsy Heart said...

Chari,
As usual, everything is simply gorgeous! I'd love to have tea with you and sit and visit. :-)

So sorry about Gloria. Please tell her hello and that I'm praying for her.

xoxo
Pat

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is so beautiful! The colors with the white is so fresh and spring like! Love the sweet little birdies!

I also have birds in my tabletop!

Katherine

Lady Katherine said...

Chari, You have just gone to the birds! How wonderful you won these beautiful Bird plates,the napkins look like they were meant to be with the plates! Adore them! Now I have not seen the wonderful napkin rings at Walmart! Oh,the birdcage and all the white birds, the candle sticks! Just love them! How lovely the white metal chargers are! Such a lovely gift from Gloria! I hope she is doing OK, please let me know, she is so well loved by many! I will pray she will be well soon! The teapot and cups are so pretty! I love you have the green pitcher with this Tea Setting! Just in case someone should want some water! Such a lovely Tea! Thank you so much for joining me for Tea Time Tuesday! Love the birds!

Wanda Lee said...

This is just one of the prettiest posts I've seen dear Chari! The birds and the colors are pure delight for my weary eyes!

I have had a good week in some regards; in others it's been tough! Welcome to life!..,Thanks so much for asking, as well as for your kind words my friend!

I am exhausted which is no doubt why I temporarily,'flubbed' one of my nicest posts in awhile, yet again Chari!

(I haven't had a vacation or a break from elder care Chari, in over six years)!..,

..,Sadly, I see I'm 'burning out' and making silly, avoidable mistakes;please kindly continue to pray for me!

(I think emotional exhaustion is more hard to bear in many ways than physical burnout, and yet I have both)!

God is indeed good Chari, as we both know; better days ahead!

I am still praying for all of you, especially your dear grandsons and Seth in particular!

Have a marvelous, restorative and fulfilling week dearest Chari! I hope your getting caught up with your rest after your amazing trip!

Thanks so much for participating with my 27th,'Tuesday Tea For Two!

Cheers and hugs from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

Sonny G said...

This my be my very favorite tea setting ever. I so love birds and all of yours are amazing. You are so talented..

hugs
Sonny

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Such a pretty setting! So crisp looking!
Debbie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good morning Sis...YIPPEE I made it through another night of swearts ha ha!! girl I'm wore out...just seen my Candace did another post for me...hey maybe she'll even like blogging and take over mine ha ha!! I haven't seen her as I won't let her come near me right now girl I don't want anything to happen to her...She is trying to find me a new Dr. as this one leave alot to be desired and Yesterday when I asked him how long this would take to run it course he just looked me dead in the eye and told me to get my affairs in order...duh he was very nasty about it...I felted worse after I seen him...Len is getting very crabby also like I should just be ok by now as it's been a week...that man have not a clue ha ha!! anyway enough of my whining again...Love you girl...please don't forget that...Love Gloria

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Pretty as can be!!!!! Have missed you,been to busy for my liking! Hope you are well my dear friend! x0x0x0

Anonymous said...

Hi Chari, looks so pretty with all those sweet birds...Kathy

Unknown said...

Hi Chari,
Your Springtime Tea is so fresh and inspiring. Loving it all!
Happy Spring!
Lorena

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Chari: Your table is stunning. I love everything about it. Those plates are beautiful. As always, you never disappoint! Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Ldy ~~ Dy said...

Hello Chari! Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while. Have gotten a bit behind in visiting my blogging friends. Your tea setting is so Spring! Love your white ironstone Teapot by JG Meakins. I have recently found some pretty transferware pieces from this particular manufacturer. Cute little birds, and the bird cube is so sweet! Also, your centerpiece birdcage is adorable! Your tea setting is "Springtime" for sure! Hugs!

Lana said...

Ooooh.....this is so springy and wonderful! And those charger plates are fantastic--what a sweet friend you have to gift you with something so lovely! And I love all hte birds and the aqua/pastel colors with the white! I am SO happy you are having warm weather there! We've had unbelievable weather here, but, alas, it's going to rain all weekend and it's one of my daughter's birthday party! :(
That's okay, we'll improvise!
I don't have a new tablescape for this week (or last) but wanted to stop by some of my favorite blogs like yours to keep up with your all's wonderful tablescapes until I can get a new one up! YOu did a fantastic job as always!
Hugs/blessings,
Lana

Americana Lady said...

I can almost hear the birds...Joan