3/25/2009

Tablescape Thursday and "Brume de Rose"...

Bonjour mes amis et bienvenue à Tablescape jeudi ! Oh cher, excusez svp mon français! Oh dear, please excuse my french...Hello my friends and welcome to Tablescape Thursday! This fabulous fun-filled Thursday event is hosted by Susan over at Between Naps on the Porch! Susan' la maison de s est fabuleuse et elle met toujours la table la plus belle! Oh yes, as I was saying, Susan's home is fabulous and she always sets a beautiful table! You must go and see what she has going today and while you're there, you can check out all of the other beautiful and inspiring tablescapes! Here's à faire une belle table...here's to making a beautiful table!!!

"Brume de Rose"

Today I present to you, "Brume de Rose" or Rose Mist. I decided to "break out the china" as they say...in my Ode to Spring! Ahhh...Spring! Un moment pour les promenades romanes et longues, et les nuits de diner d'amende et vin… et un rose simple a monté! Ohhh yes, Spring's ode to romance, long walks, and nights of fine dining and wine...and a single pink rose!!!


"Brume de Rose" Tablescape in My French Country Dining Room

An evening of intimate dining for four. Not to formal but comfortable and cozy! Candlelight, a vase of beautiful flowers, and a dinner shared with good friends. A glass of wine and interesting conversation...


"Vivez bien, riez souvent, et aimez beaucoup!"


"Live well, laugh often, and love much!!!"

*
"Les bases grandes au bonheur dans cette vie sont quelque chose faire, quelque chose aimer, et quelque chose espérer pour."

"The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for."
by Joseph Addison



"J'aime cet endroit, et volontairement pourrais perdre mon temps dans lui."

"I like this place, and willingly could waste my time in it."

William Shakespeare


Les Toiles...The Linens


For the "Brume de Rose" tablescape I used a white lace tablecloth. If you look closely, you can see pink roses on the tablecloth. This beautiful lace tablecloth was a wedding gift from my Mother and Father! I just love it and it's perfect for the "Brume de Rose" china.


The dinner napkins are a very pale lt.green damask...they belonged to my husband's mother, Mary Alice.


Ambiance and Lighting

"Ahhh… dans la lueur douce de la lueur de chandelle, toutes les choses sont beau!"

Ahhh...in the soft glow of candlelight, all things are beautiful!


Mood lighting for a special ambiance is essential for an evening "Brume de Rose" tablescape! With candles aglow in crystal and silver candleholders, a softly dimmed chandelier overhead and the soft glow of light from the buffet lamps...the lighting is perfect!


The Stemware

I used beautiful pink stemware...a goblet for a beverage and a matching wine glass. I really know very little about this stemware. I have had them for many years, they were a gift from a friend! What I do know...is that they go perfectly with the beautiful pink colored rose on the china.


The Place Setting..."Brume de Rose"...Rose Mist

The place setting consists of a white lace charger plate from JC Penneys called Classic Lace. They were on sale after Christmas for just $27 for four...not bad and they make the perfect backdrop for the Rose Mist china.


The "Brume de Rose" or Rose Mist china is made by Sakura and was a part of the Hallmark Home Collection. I purchased them in the 90's. They seem to be "one-of-a-kind", I have never seen this pattern offered again. I'm just thrilled to have them, they really are beautiful...the lovely shades of pink in the rose (with just a hint of pale yellow) and the soft greens of the leaves against the white are just breathtaking...so very soft and very romantic!!!


Le bol de potage...The soup bowl



Le plat de dessert/salade...The dessert/salad plate

The dessert/salad plate is done in a coordinating pattern...a soft, pale green and pink plaid with a small single rose in the center. As if the beautiful rose wasn't enough to sell me on this set of china...the pretty coordinating green and pink plaid dessert/salad plate was the "glaçage sur le gâteau" or icing on the cake so to speak! I just love this pretty little plate and how it looks with the soup bowl and dinner plate!!!



Ahhh… les nuances molles du rose et du vert me rappellent le ressort!

Ahhh...the soft shades of pink and green remind me of Spring!


Le plat de dîner...The dinner plate

The "Brume de Rose" dinner plate. Just look at the colors...have you ever seen a prettier rose?


The "Brume de Rose" in all of it's glory!

*
"La rose parle de l'amour silencieusement, dans une langue connue seulement au coeur."

“The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart.”


Just a peek of the back label...



La pièce maîtresse...The centerpiece

I used a large leaded glass vase filled with white Spring flowers for the centerpiece. The pretty flowers were perfect...with subtle hints of pink and light green! The glass vase was a special "treasure find" from an Antique Market...it was only $6 and ohhhh soooo beautiful! It called to me as I walked by it...Chari, mon amour… vous avez besoin de moi! (Chari, my love...you need me! And believe me, I heard it in French...how could I resist?) Hehe!!! It stands a stately 11" in height and is made from a very heavy glass!



To each side of the vase of flowers...I added candles to silver and crystal candleholders and my newest "treasure find" from Hobby Lobby, mercury glass goblets. They were marked down to just $4 ea...again, they whispered my name as I walked by...Mon chéri, here je suis...I' le VE attendant juste vous! (My darling, here I am...I've been waiting just for you!) Seriously!!! Hey, did you notice that my name is french for darling? It's no wonder that I love everything French! It's destiny...I think! Hehe!!!




Well my dearest friends...have you wondered who is invited to this "Ode to Spring - Brume de Rose"...intimate dinner for four?

Well it's YOU of course!!! I just can't think of anyone that I would rather sit down and spend a leisurely evening...wining and dining with!!! I do hope that you enjoyed your visit...enjoyed the beauty of a sweet, Spring evening...enjoyed the conversation...

and...

that you can say, " Vécu bien, ri souvent et aimé beaucoup!"

That you lived well, laughed often, and loved much!!!


***********

Au revoir jusqu'à ce que nous nous réunissions encore…


Good bye...until we meet again!



52 comments:

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

What a gorgeous table. I love all of your attention to all the details!

Susan

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

It is just stunning, I really LOVE it. I also love the way you have described everything. Your china is truly magnificent. It is so lovely with all the beautiful lace, pink flowers and gorgeous candlelite. So luxurious and beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Oh my! such loveliness! I just want to steal that tablecloth! I worked in a Hallmark store for 8 1/2 years and I never saw those dishes - but they're gorgeous. Maybe it's a good thing I never saw them.....but I'm glad you did. They seem to have the perfect home.

Kathy said...

Chari, this is just so perfect, I am in love with your blog lol, seriously your tablescape is stunning. I want it! and those pink glasses oh my. hugs, Kathy.

Salmagundi said...

Chari-- Thanks for the trip back to France!! I didn't understand the language when I was there, and I still don't; but you make it sound so special. The table is beautiful - I especially love the table cloth because of its subtle pattern. We had snow last night with more to come. Yea!! Sally

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Chari most of this was french to me...but girl I can see beautiful here...just levely Chari...loved it all..may you have a great day friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

"Blossom" said...

Chari, this is stunning; I feel like I am at a grand hotel or bed and breakfast like of place. The lace table cloth is so gorgeous.
And well the dishes speak for themselves. Blossom

Kristens Creations said...

Wow! How beautiful Chari! Your china is soooo pretty. I love your new blog background and header too. VERY Pretty!! Kristen

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Chari...Beautiful tablescape! The dishes are gorgeous and I LOVE those chargers! What a deal you got! Hope you are having a great week...Debbie

Cindy J. said...

So soft and so beautiful..perfectly done. Love, Cindy

Martha said...

Tres Bien!

Melissa Miller said...

~WOW!~ Chari this is truly a stunning work of art!

I don't think I have ever seen prettier dishes.
I adore the roses!

~Gorgeous Pink stemware and the centerpiece is so beautiful.

It is a perfect TT!
~Melissa :)

xinex said...

Very pretty and elegant, Chari! I love the sweet colors and the pattern of the plates. So romantic! I cannot understand French but it sure sounded very nice. LOL!...Christine

Kathy said...

This is a beautiful table. I love the china - beautiful centerpiece too!
xo...Kathy

B said...

What pretty dishes, and I absolutely love that tablecloth! Each detail adds to the lovely springtime look of your table.

OCDesigner ~Athella said...

What a beautiful table and that china.....To Die For! I love using chargers. I can't seem to find them when I am looking. Im going to check out Penneys. Thanks for sharing Chari! ~Athella

susan said...

Beautiful pictures and enlarging them shows all your attention to detail. I love the way you have mixed colors and textures!

Sue said...

Oh Chari I am so mesmerized, first by your French and also by this gorgeous tablesetting!! Wow where do I begin! Do you and hubby whisper in each others ears in French? LOL!! Sooo romantic, and you can spell those words too, I'm soooo impressed!!
The stemware, exquisite! The dishes, fabulous and of course the plaid desert plate Oooh Lala, so beautiful!!! Love love it all sweetie, thanks for the eye candy this morning! Have a lovely spring day!! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous table, Chari!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dear Chari,gorgeous.I adore those dishes.They are so feminine and sweet.And the lighting.oh-la-la.Thats french if you don't know?haha.I'll bet Debbie is enjoying reading this and Vanna.wowow,Yall ought to go to France,ya know?That would be so much fun...Ann

Domestic Designer said...

So pretty and elegant! I just love it all!

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Oh Chari! It's beautiful! Everything is absolutely lovely! I love your rose mist china and the goblets! You outdid yourself girlfriend, and that's saying alot! God Bless you today! Lauralu :)

santamaker said...

Can I just tell you that this tablescape is stellar! Wow, Chari you have outdone yourself yet again. LOOOOOVE the plates! Charming as the hostess!

Chandy said...

You are right, Chari, it is so romantic and inviting! I can't understand a lick of French, but I'm sure if I saw something similar, I would hear it in several languages so I'd get it!LOL

Kathysue said...

Char, oh so pretty. Simple and elegant,just the way I like it. Hugs Kathysue

Unknown said...

Everything looks lovely! Your stemware compliments your dishes perfectly. Your flowers are sweet and dainty. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, simply beautiful!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Chari,
Oh my that sucks...:(
I can't think of any other way to word it having to deal with a blizzad in the Spring. Yucky... Stay safe and warm. I hope your power stays on.

We had our house pressure cleaned yesterday and I was so pleased with the results. We'll do the re-staining next week and other assorted outside jobs. Right now it all looks barren and brownish. It's kind of at that in between stage where just tufts of green are showing and it looks a bit strange.

I'm doing a super long post tonight for Flaunt Your Red! I have soooo much that one picture is living! HEHE!
I'll leave you guessing as to what that could be.

I'll pass out an award at the end of the post to all of my friends and followers. If you check my sidebar you can guess which one.

Have a wnderful day my friend. Drink lots of hot cocoa.
~Melissa :)

Anonymous said...

The salad plates are my favorite and love the centerpiece - gorgeous!

Salmagundi said...

Me again!! Thanks for stopping by this a.m. The "Great Blizzard of 2009" just moved into our neck of the woods about 10 minutes ago. Glad your husband stayed home with you today - eastern Colorado roads can be horrible on occasion!! I need to take the grandkids to their house pretty soon before we hunker down. Stay warm! Sally

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

C'est TRES beau!!!

I ADORE this, you've captured my heart with this beautiful table. :)

Thank you for the gorgeous eye candy ~ and for inviting us in to admire it all. Happy Spring!

Unknown said...

you've created such a great mood with your lovely treasures
great way you mixed the china
happy twirls,
Libby

xinex said...

Thanks for your ever so pleasant visit, Chari. I am sending you the link to where I ordered the plates from.
http://www.homedecorators.com/search.php?search=abigail
Christine

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Chari, You are just too cute! And you speak French so well (I'm guessing since I don't). You'll have to set for more than 4 if you are inviting all of us. And what are we eating? Your table is fabulous! I love the china & I really like that the salad plates are a little different.

Lady Katherine said...

Simply lovely! Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I am very happy where my life is going at this time. I adore your pink rose plates. I am giving a Tea Party for my Birthday, April 5, I do wish I had more dishes with pink roses! I love the tablecloth!

Dream Mom said...

What a pretty tablescape. I love the pink goblets!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Lovely and elegant table! thanks for sharing... Cass

Renae Moore said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renae Moore said...

Chari.

Thanks for visiting Atlanta today, ohhh how I would love to be in Colorado!

Your table is lovely and the linens, so beautiful! I see you like to layer dishes as well!

Blessings...

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Chari, I am SO impressed - not just by this beautiful tablescape, but also your French! This tablescape and your French words just went together beautifully, and I felt transported to a castle in the Provence. That china is gorgeous, and I've never seen it before. Love that pink stemware. Your tablecloth is stunning. I'm telling you, this all just looks so incredibly gorgeous, and your lovely dining room is the perfect place for all of this beauty. You've outdone yourself! laurie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Chari,
This is just so beautiful, the tablecloth and china are some of the prettiest ever! So romantic and you did an awesome post putting this all together. Very talented lady! Cindy

Alisa Lucas-Brown said...

Chari,
I am a new visitor to your blog. Your table today is spectacular. It simply is beautiful. I especially love your dishes and stemware - gorgeous and you French Country dining room is simply wonderful. I was so nice to meet you. I'll be visiting often.
Warmly,
Alisa

Cindy J. said...

Good morning my dear friend, hope this day finds you tucked in and warm. Sure am hoping the weather is being kind and that you won't lose your power.. Thinking of you and praying.. Love, Cindy

Bo said...

Hi "Miss Thang"...look at you...speaking, well...writing in French...LOL...didn't understand a word but it sure looked pretty!
I do believe your china is some of the prettiest I've ever seen...
ever! Chari, you really pulled out all of the stops this time...and I am going back to have another look!
Beautiful! ;-) Bo

Celly B said...

What a romantic table! The rose china is just lovely.

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Hey, gf! What a beautiful tablescape. I love your pretty dishes. The chargers are awesome. I don't own any pretty dishes. I think I may have to change that. I love the touches of pink. I am so glad you came by my blog. I've missed you.
Hugs, Terrie

Candy said...

Thanks for stopping by girlfriend. I was too busy to make all the tablescapes this week...that is one popular post. Love your rose table and the soft rose on the plate is one of the prettiest I've seen.
Enjoy, Candy

The Stylish House said...

Chari,
I am late to the party, but I am glad I didn't miss this. I love your tablecloth, can you spell BEAUTIFUL? I also think that vase you found was a steal, looks like a million bucks.
I noticed your in Colorado, I grew up in Littleton. I have been all over but Colorado will always be home. Take care and have a nice rest of the weekend. Cathy

Room Service ~ Decorating 101 said...

I now know where you were...doing your thank you's. This is lovely! I think I shall join you gals this coming up Thur. I did a tablescape for a client last week and I think I will share. Thanks for all the warm comments that you keep sending my way. When you are absent you are very much missed.

Sue said...

Your table is so beautiful and looks great in your pretty dining room. I love the dishes that you used here with the rose on them.
Hugs,
Sue

Carolyn said...

Your dinngroom is charming and all your pretty dishes look beautiful.I love the rose painted plates.
Carolyn

Designs on 47th Street said...

Hey Chari! I'm a bit behind (had my spring show to get through). Just had to stop by and say WOW! That is one gorgeous tablescape! I have never seen those Hallmark dishes! Blogging is a dangerous thing for us dishaholics! Love your stemware and your tablecloth, the whole dining room is just picture perfect!