5/28/2015

*
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
Today I thought I would share a tablescape that I created last year.
  The fresh, crisp color palette of this table is perfect for the spring season.
  It is one of my favorites...I hope that you enjoy it as well!
*
*
~Green Apples & Lace~
A Spring Table
*
*

Here we are in my french country dining room.

*
As you can see, my dining room is done in shades of red,
 olive green, and gold. This color theme tends to be a bit dark...but
 I think the white dining table/chairs and buffet help keep the room light.
 I love how the crisp white looks against the deeper, rich colors! I found
 my old chippy, french farm table several years ago at the antique
 flea market. I just love it!
*
*
*

~Green Apples & Lace~

*
I wanted to create a tablescape using a "fresh" color palette for the spring season.

Fresh, crisp white and bright apple green...

fit the ticket perfectly for a spring luncheon table set for four.
*
*
*
Colorful...crisp...and fresh!
*
*
*
I really do like how the crisp white and bright apple green look against
 the red dining room walls...don't you?
*
In fact, it was the spring decor of my dining room buffet
 that inspired this fresh, springtime table today.
*
Here is a peek at the buffet...
*
*
Lot's of cool, crisp white...with a few splashes of apple green!
*
I collect white ironstone pitchers and decided to display a few of them in the
 vignette for my spring buffet.
*
I also love cloches...can you tell?  Two of my favorite cloches can be seen here!
*
*
*
On the left-hand side of the buffet...
*
An olive green transferware pitcher filled with teaspoons is showcased
 under a tall cloche. I elevated the cloche on a glass pedestal plate to give it a
 little more "presence". I also placed an apple green colored leaf plate under the
 small ironstone pitcher...to bring a "splash" of that pretty green to this side
 of the vignette.
*
*
*
On the right-hand side of the buffet...
*
Green apples!
*
 Green apples under glass!
*
 I love how they look...so fresh...and so springy! I think that this
 is the largest cloche that I own. It stands a stately 13" in height and is a
 whopping 10" in diameter. I'm sure that I could stack an entire dozen of
 green apples easily...under this big girl! Hehe!
*
*
~Green Apples & Lace~
*
*
*
*
*
*
~Green Apples & Lace~
The Centerpiece
*
A white ironstone pitcher filled with white and green hydrangeas
 is the star attraction in this "Green Apples and Lace" table centerpiece.
 The beautiful spring bouquet is sitting atop a large green "leaf shaped"
 serving platter. It's a nice sized platter...measuring about 18" in length...it
 actually could double for a serving tray. A trio of bright green apples
 are scattered about on the leaf platter.
*
Four crystal candleholders with apple green tapers join the mix...two
 on either side of the leaf platter. And...a cloche...with a single green apple...
adds another beautiful aspect to this spring table centerpiece.
*
*
*
~Green Apples & Lace~
New Dishes
*
"Meredith" (white lace) by American Living
*
...and...
*
"Green Leaf" by Cindy Crawford Style
*
Both sets of dishes are new and making their "debut" on this table today.
*
*
*
*"Green Apples & Lace"
The Place Setting
*
"Cluny Lace" metal charger plate.
"Green Leaf" dinner plate.
"Meredith" (white lace) dinner plate.
"Green Leaf" salad/dessert plate.
"Green Leaf" bowl.
*
"Meredith" (white lace) teacup and saucer.
Iced tea stemware
*
"Brahms" Oneida flatware.
*
White cut-work embroidered napkins.
*
*
*
*"Green Leaf" soup bowl.
*
I love this set of dishes...they really are the most beautiful apple green color!
*
*
*
*"Green Leaf" salad/dessert plate.
*
*
*
"Meredith" (white lace) dinner plate.
*
I love, love, LOVE the detailing on these pretty dishes. The beautiful
 ruffled edges...the embossed pattern of flowers with ribbons and bows
...ahhh...such sweetness!!!
*
It was love at first sight! When I seen this set of beautiful, white lace
 dishes at JC Penneys...I had to have them. They were clearanced at Penney's
 online outlet store. I purchased a five piece place setting...service for eight...
for just $56! The "dish angels" were smiling down on me that day!
*
*
*
"Green Leaf" dinner plate.
*
*
*
*A fresh...cool...crisp...and colorful place setting for a spring table!
*
*
*
The "Meredith" (white lace) teacup and saucer.
Iced tea stems...compliments of Dollar Tree.
*
*
*
*My "artsy" photo.
The sun was waning when I took this photo. I love the soft light and shadows!
*
*
*
*And...Voila...there you have it!
*
A ~Green Apples & Lace~ spring tablescape!
 I hope that you enjoyed, my friends!
*
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*

*
Well dear friends...I'm so happy that you stopped by today!  Please leave me a note
 and let me know that you were here.  I would love to visit with you!
*
Warmest Spring Wishes!
*
















10 comments:

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi darling, I enjoyed viewing your beautiful dining room all set up for a fun and relaxing dinner. Your dishes are just so fun and happy. I hope this finds you doing well. fondly ~lynne~

Salmagundi said...

So surprised to have you pop up on my blog roll today. 2012 is a long time since you have been there; and I have thought of you often. Hope you're back blogging regularly! Sally

margaret schomaker said...

Beautiful! I just love those green dishes, and I'm a fan of white dishes, too. These are especially lovely. So glad to see you are back! I've always loved the name of your blog. :-)

Blogless Peggy

Theresa said...

GIRL... WHERE have you been hiding? SO happy to see your sweet face:) Love that pretty green set! Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS! "Don't stay gone so long"!

Maggie said...

Just had to stop to take a peek at your amazing tablescape, Cheri, one of your very best I think.
Love all your new dishes, the angels were definitely looking out for you that day.
A bientot,
Maggie

Reclaimed wood dining tables said...

I love those green dishes! Glad to see you back. Hope you're doing well.

patio garden furniture said...

I love the fresh look! I enjoyed your beautiful dining room. That's very relaxing to see. Thanks for sharing!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

This is simply stunning and joyful Chary!
Hope all is well with you. We miss you a lot, specially such inspiration you bring us always with your great posts, such as this one. Come around blog land sometime.
Hugs and I hope all is well with you.
FABBY

Creations By Cindy said...

I sure do miss seeing you blog. I always love reading and looking at your lovely blog. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

kural said...

nice post