7/19/2012

~Autumn Abundance~...an Autumn Mantel

*
*

Hello my friends...I hope that you're having a fabulous day!

You must be wondering what the heck I'm doing...showing
 an autumn mantelscape in the middle of summer. 

Well...there is an autumn party going on over at WhisperWood Cottage!

I'm really excited about it because it is a talent scouting contest.
  The winner will be featured in Cottages & Bungelows magazine!  You
 will find the link to The Talent Scouting party over at WhisperWood Cottage
 at the end of my post.  You'll have to go over and check out all of the
 fabulous autumn inspiration...after all...autumn is not that far off!

Today I thought I would share my autumn mantelscape from 2010.
  To date...I believe that it is my favorite autumn mantelscape.
  I hope that you enjoy!
*
*
~Autumn Abundance~
An Autumn Mantel
*
*
Here we are in my olive green living room.
*
My faux fireplace is dressed and ready for the autumn season.
*
*
When I think about autumn and all that the season holds...
*
I immediately think about an abundant harvest.

  I wanted my fireplace mantel to reflect the abundance of the autumn harvest!
*
*
*
A decorative piece of pottery filled with grapes and two pheasants are
 showcased...front and center...in this autumn mantlescape.
*
I used several different types of foliage...trailing grapevines and autumn
 leaves make up the majority of the thick foliage. If you look close...you will
 see sprigs of autumn colored zebra grass, berries of all sorts, acorns, pheasant
 feathers, and grapes...all interwoven throughout the autumn mantelscape. I
 also used two ornate gold candleholders with pumpkin colored candles....
one on each side of the mantel.
*
*
*
A closer view...
*
*
*
The stately pheasants....
*
*
*
*
*
*
Two gold candleholders with burnt orange colored candles are nestled
 into the foliage on each side of the mantel.
*
*
~Autumn Abundance~
An Autumn Hearth
*
*The fireplace hearth is filled with "autumn abundance" as well.
*
*
*
A tall pitcher filled with autumn foliage sits atop two old leather
 bound books...a large cluster of grapes join in with the mix.  A hat box
 decorated with fruits of an abundant harvest completes the focal
 point for the autumn hearth.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
The metal peacocks are actually old vintage wall hangings.
 I loved the pretty copper, gold, and green shades of the metal feathers.
 So perfect with my autumn mantelscape!
*
*
*
And there you have it...autumn mantel filled with...
*
~Autumn Abundance~
*
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
I'm joining in with
The Talent Scouting Party
*
*
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well my friends...I'm so happy that you stopped by today!  Please leave
 a note and let me know that you were here.  I would love to visit with you!
*
*
Warmest Wishes!
*

12 comments:

Olive said...

Chari, oh how I wish we were in autumn right now. Your mantle is splendid. I love your attention to every detail. xoxo, olive

On Crooked Creek said...

Chari,
Oh, dear friend, I believe that this is a winning blog post for Cottages & Bungalows!!! I do wish you success in being spotted by the Talent Scouts!!!What a gorgeous fireplace mantle!!! Phesants and grapes are just magnificent together, dear one! Good luck...keep us posted!
Fondly,
Pat

Unknown said...

Chari,

You should win hands down! You have such a strong sense of color and design. This particular mantel vignette looks so rich! Here's hoping to see you in Cottages and Bungalows!!

Barb @ The Everyday Home said...

Oh my friend its just beautiful. I am so ready for Fall after this horrible heat wave. I can't wait to pull ot my Fall stuff. I was just telling The Hubbs I might do up my mantle for this contest and he said "oh goodness." :) xxoo

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Sis this is my far my favorite look you ever did with your mantle..I so remember you emailing me these pics and how I drooled all over my keyboard..

Darlin I will even keep my eyes crossed that you win..It's just awesome and beautiful girl..They the mag would be NUTS not to use this..I love ya sweet Sis..

How is honey doing..any car shows lately?? Len has been to a few local ones..I have stayed home out of the heat ha ha!! Have been having yet some more health issues..girl I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired ha ha!!

Have a wonderful weekend and remember your always in my heart and prayers..Give your Mama a Hello from me..Love and hugs Gl♥ria
ps..I'm getting a new desk top for my birthday YIPPEE!!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

You have such an elegant style, Char! Thanks for linking up to The "Autumn Décor" Talent Scouting Party at WhisperWood Cottage!

Creations By Cindy said...

Love it Chari! Making me think about Autumn now! Beautifully displayed. Girl, you must have some awesome lighting in your home or one heck of a camera! Love all your pics. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Chari, so elegant..absolutely one of the most beautiful mantels ever! If true design talent wins you sweetie are a shoe in!! xoxox Cindy Jorgensen

Cynthia said...

I love this mantel. It is so elegant withour being stuffy. Just gorgeous. I can't wait for fall.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty mantel Friend! I can't believe your already doing fall though with the heat index I am sure ready for it this year!!!

Sorry we missed each other this year again - I actually didn't end up going to the camp= Bill and I thought I needed to really stay home as my energy level has been very low and it is so much hotter there at the camp then at home.I think it was a good decision and did get a bit of rest.

Hope all is well with you Chari!

bee blessed
mary

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Chari, I remember this lush, gorgeous mantel. Every detail is beautiful, and all of it together is spectacular. laurie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Chari,
I absolutely love this, it is so good that I gasp when i see it!
I am sure thinking you should win!!!
Just the best Autumn mantel I have ever laid my eyes on!
You just knocked it out of the park with this one!
Well my dear, how is life treating you? Summer sure does fly doesn't it? We had a family reunion on Sat.and today Dan and I did a little shopping.
Babysitting a lot too but I enjoy it so much.
Trying to plan a little time away this summer too.
Big Hugs my dear,
Love Ya,
Cindy