2/07/2011

~Romancing the Heart~

*
*
Hello my friends...I hope you're having a fabulous day!
*
Ahhh...Valentine's Day...the special day that we spend a little time
 "romancing the heart"! Are you ready? Do you have plans for that
 beloved valentine in your life?
*
Three Valentine Place Settings...
*
1st Place Setting..."Be Still My Heart"
*
I have been having so much fun playing dishes! Hehe! Last week I
 experimented with a few place settings that would make a pretty Valentine's
 Day table. I shared the first place setting...called "Be Still My Heart"...a few
 days ago. If you would like to see more of that table...just click HERE.
*
2nd Place Setting..."Romancing the Heart"
*
Today I wanted to share the second Valentine's Day place setting.
 I decided to call it..."Romancing the Heart"! Hmmm...I'm not sure why
 I name all the tablescapes that I create...but I do! Hehe! I hope that you enjoy!
 By the way...stay tuned for place setting number three. I will be sharing that
 for the Valentine's Day party that Laurie over at Bargain Hunting and
Chatting with Laurie is hosting on February 11th! You won't want to
 miss that sweet party!
*
*
~Romancing the Heart~
*
*
Here we are, once again, in my french country dining room.
*
As I mentioned earlier, this is the second Valentine's Day place setting
in a series of three different tables that I created. From the first place setting...to
 this second setting...a few things have remained the same, however there have
 also been a few changes made.
*
For table number two, I am using a set of dishes that were manufactured
 by Sakura...made exclusively for Hallmark...called Rose Mist.
*
I also made a few changes to the table centerpiece!
*
"Romancing the Heart" is sporting a white and silver color theme...
a pretty shade of light green and soft pink have been brought into the
 mix with the "Rose Mist" dinnerware. I am really enjoying all the silver. I
 do hope that you haven't grown sick of seeing it by now! I use alot of silver
 during the Christmas holidays and end up leaving some of it out for my
 winter decor.
*
"Romancing the Heart" Table Centerpiece...
*

*
Table Centerpiece...
*
I have added a white lacy table runner to this table centerpiece. The same
 silver tray from the first place setting is still being used, however I have added
 a few new items...
*
A white ironstone pitcher filled with white tulips is the star attraction.
A small white ironstone pitcher containing teaspoons.
Three silver candlesticks with chunky white tapers.
A sweet cast iron cherub.
and a decorative french looking silver ornament.
*
Several pieces from my mercury glass collection can also be seen in
 the centerpiece: tall goblet shaped candleholders, decorative finials, and
 decorative jeweled orbs.
*
Two cast iron fleur de lis finals set at either end of the centerpiece as well.
*

*
*
*
*
A sweet cherub to romance the heart.
*
*
"Romancing the Heart" Place Setting...
*

*
Layers of shimmering silver...sparkling white...with touches of
 pale greens and soft pinks!
*
I really am loving this color combination for a Valentine's Day tablescape!
*

*
The Place Setting...
*
A silver charger plate with an ornate rose rim.
"Rose Mist" dinner plate.
A white dinner plate with a "silver ring" border.
"Rose Mist" salad/dessert plate.
*
...and...
*
A hand blown, mercury glass heart with swirly, twirly white organza ribbon!
*

*
*
*

**
 "Rose Mist" salad/dessert plate.
*
*
I just love the pretty green and pink plaid on the rims of the salad/dessert
 plates! The plaid gives this set a "cottage or shabby chic" feel!
*
Oooh...and just look at that beautiful pink rose!!!
*
*
"Rose Mist" dinner plate.
*
This gorgeous pink rose that trails down the side of the dinner plate almost
 looks like a watercolor painting! Various shades of pink...along with a few splashes
 of pale yellow...make up this pretty bloom! This really is a beautiful set of dishes.
 They are sooo much prettier in person!
*
*
"Rose Mist"
*

*
"Rose Mist" teacup.
*
I have such a sweet story about these pretty teacups. I purchased this set
 of "Rose Mist" dishes about 15 years ago. The set had dinner plates, salad/dessert
 plates, and bowls, however...there were no cups and saucers! I just thought that they
 didn't make teacups for this set.
*
Then...lo and behold...a few months ago I was looking through a few photos
 on my friend's blog, Mary Ellen from Mary's Meanderings. Mary has a booth at
 her local antique shop...and it's full of sooo many beautiful things! As I was looking through
 the photos of her booth...I spotted a set of four teacups and saucers that I thought might look
 nice with the "Rose Mist" dishes! I never dreamed that this set of teacups were actually
 from the same "Rose Mist" dinnerware pattern! I did my little "happy dance" for sure!
 Sweet Mary sent the teacups and saucers to me...and I'm just tickled pink to have
 them! Thank you again, sweet friend! I feel like I have a complete set of this
 dinnerware now!
*
*
Don't you just adore that tiny pink rosebud on the inside of the teacup?
 Ahhh...sooo sweet!
*

*
 Stemware with winter scenes...
*

*
On this end of the table...you will see the pretty pink dinner napkin that I
 chose to use with this place setting...and a stack of the "Rose Mist" plates and bowl.
*
*
I added a few "pretties" to the bowl! A second mercury glass heart,
 a cluster of white pearl berries, and a few of my treasures from the sea!
*
I have to tell you...blog friends are the very, very best!!! The starfish and
 shells were a gift from sweet M^.^ over at Tales from an OC Cottage! Just
 look at that pretty...glittery...soft pink starfish and...there is a silver glittered starfish
 too! Look close...there are also pink and silver glittered shells as well! Sweet M^.^
sent me a gift box full of pretties...for no reason at all...except that she is just
 sweet like that!!! Thank you again, sweet friend!!!
*
"Romancing the Heart"
*
The last few photos are all about romancing the heart!
 I hope that you enjoy!
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
 Every heart needs a little romance!
*
Happy Valentine's Day, sweet friends!
*
*
I am joining these lovely parties...
*
*
*
*
*
Thank you, ladies...for hosting these fabulous parties for us!
*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well my friends...I'm sooo glad that you stopped in for a visit today! Please leave
 me a note and let me know that you were here...I would love to visit with you!
*
Happy Valentine's Day!

37 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh Chari, you know how much I love your white and silver together, and the tulips are one of my favorites. Your precious china is gorgeous. Love the soft green checks and then the beautiful pink roses just melts me. This is just so pretty. You definitely do the best tables in the world. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Anonymous said...

The floral dinnerware is so pretty, Chari. You've set a beautiful table.

No plans for V'day. Hope to be at the lake if the temps make it to 60next week, as rumoured.:-)

Becky said...

Chari, I just love the silver and white scheme. And the Rose Mist dinnerware adds just the right amount of colour. This really is a pretty table.

Becky said...

P.S. I name my tablescapes, too. :-)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

You always set a gorgeous table. you definitely have an eye for design. It's always a pleasure to come visit and enjoy your loveliness.

Mary said...

Your Rose Mist is beautiful layered with your silver charger & silver rings plate! How exciting to have found your matching cup & saucers~ love the rosebud on your salad plates & inside your cup :-)

Cindy said...

Your table is so gorgeous, dear Chari.
Everything is beautiful, especially your china, it is wonderful! I love it and the white plate with the silver swirls encircling it, I want some of those!
Hugs, Cindy

BonjourRomance said...

Bonjour Chari,
Your table is so lovely - your Beloved is very lucky. The Rose Mist dishes do look like a watercolor. You have sucha talent for setting a gorgeous table.
Good week to you,
Mimi

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just beautiful Sis..OMG I love the dishes and they are really so shabby chic looking..I love the way you used all your silver pieces..Your the best girl..Thanks for the phone call my old ear is now hurting ha ha!! Love ya Sis and can't wait until June..Hugs and smiles Gloria

Unknown said...

Just beautiful!!

Beeutiful by Design said...

Chari - it's so pretty! I love the way you layered everything, including your centerpiece. I love the silver and white. I love it all~!Jennifer

The Quintessential Magpie said...

so pretty, chari. delightfully pretty. every setting you showed us is lovely.

sorry for this wonky post. my computer is sticking keys. i'm trying to blog but it needs to go in the shop to be fixed. they told me three weeks. sigh. so sending good wishes to you for v-lentine's d-y. see you when i return.

xo,

s.

Carolyn said...

Hi Chari,
Another beautiful table-I love the centrepiece and the hearts with the ribbon. Great find on the dishes from Mary too.

Take care,
Carolyn

Dreamgoddess said...

Chari, this is so stunning and very elegant. Your china is so beautiful and perfect for Valentine's Day. I love the white and silver with touches of pink and green. My absolute favorite though is the white plate with the silver rim. I would love to find some of those. They add so much pizzazz to your settings!

Anonymous said...

Oh Chari how fun seeing those cups and saucers in your pretty vignette.
You are so talented when it comes to tablescaping - and then to name them such neat titles.

Not one Valentine decoration up. I am so unromantic- it just seems like the time flies by so quick by the time you decorate for something it is time to take it all down! Ok so I am lazy!

More snow due for us tonight/tomorrow- how bout you guys?

bee blessed
mary

podso said...

My friend, they are all so pretty I'm not sure which I'd rather sit down to eat with at your table! Maybe it's even better just looking at the beauty of it all and not marring it by food and such. Hope you're off to a good week!

dotsie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Your vignettes are always so gorgeous and elegant!

I love the Rose Mist china! Great "cup story!"

Katherine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
Stunning, soft, elegant!!!
Tulips and white, silver and the pretty watercolor plates, love it!
It's so romantic!
How you doing girlfriend?
It's about midnight here. Seems to be my new blogging time! hehe.
We're still on a high from the Packer win!
Trying to stay warm, I hope this winter ends someday!
Hugs to you,
Cindy

Wanda Lee said...

Oh my dearheart!

You are 'a visual tonic' for the weary heart and soul!.., I am now cheered and uplifted by the loveliness of your exquisite Valentines vignettes dearest Chari!..,

I am once again truly, 'over the moon' with delight!

What a 'breath of fresh air' and a vision of beauty! ~ You are singular in your talent my sweetest friend!

Oooh the roses, the silver, the teacup and accoutrements.., A treat to be sure!

Have a happy and romantic Valentines day with your honey Chari!

Hugs and may God richly bless you,
Wanda Lee

On Crooked Creek said...

Chari,
Be still my heart. . .my heart nearly stopped when I saw this gorgeous tablescape! My favorite is that mercury heart sitting in the plate with the white organza swirled ribbon. Thank you for sharing your talents with us! Such an inspirational post!
Fondly,
Pat

Carol at Serendipity said...

Chari,
Your table is just exquisite. I am using PB mercury glass on my table this year as well. Your china is perfect. Very, very lovely.

Carol

Gail said...

Oh Chari, your tablesetting is absolutely beautiful! I love how you used white and silver together....what a statement. Now I'm on the hunt for more silver to go with all my whites. Thanks for the inspiration.

Enjoy your day,
Gail

Daphne said...

Chari, your silver and pastels fabulously unique for Valentine's. I love the story of how you found the cups and saucers. Please consider sharing this post for the Colors of Love at The Little Round Table tomorrow evening.

Miss Char said...

Chari, this table is beautiful. I'm a lover of all things pink and green and then mix in the silver and you had me. Thanks so much for sharing.

Jack Canfield quotes said...

Everything looks romantic, nice and sexy! Love it!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Chari,
What a gorgeous table! I love the white and silver together and the centerpiece of flowers, and such all on that fab tray!
I love, love, love the sweet rosey cup sitting on the plaid saucer; love that together! Pink and green is one of my favourite colour combos. May I join you??
Thanks for sharing a gorgeous table with all the eye candy, dear lady. And have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

bj said...

OMGoodness, dear Chari, your tables ALWAYS take my breath away.
I love the white and silver..the china is to die for and the pretty flowers...my goodness! All so beautiful
I do believe we might have to crown you THE QUEEN OF TABLES. You do such a good job and have such pretty things to work with.

We were told we would get a couple inches of snow last night but it didn't happen..got awfully cold, tho. We are staying in and close to the fireplace. :)))
Stay warm, dear heart.
x0o bj

Sonny G said...

as always , beauty, elegance and just the right amount of Glam...
you are amazing~!

Bill said...

Hi Chari,

Truly a romantic setting! I really like the colors you've used ... and the silver! Get tired of seeing shiny things? No ma'am, not me!

Nicely done!
Have a great rest of the week ...

Bill

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Girl, you can romance my heart any day of the week. Seems like each week you top yourself. You are the 'master' of tablescapes. It's all so very beautiful.

God bless ya and have a most incredible day sweetie!!!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Chari, thank you for swinging by and leaving such a sweet comment. You always touch my heart with all your kind and up beat words. I love your romantic table. How fortunate to find the same tea cups to go with the pattern you already have. I adore your chargers. They are truly incredible. I'm wondering if you would share the color of your walls. Is it red or burgandy, with the pixals in the computer I can't really tell... I hope you all are staying warm out your way.
hugs ~lynne~

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Chari,
Loved all your pics, so very pretty.
All your tablescapes were so pretty.
Love your dishes with the roses, so
romantic and beautiful.
Very nice work!! loved the silver heart with the ribbon, such an
elegant touch.
Blessings, Nellie

Anonymous said...

Oh, Chari, you're at it again! This table is gorgeous!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Becky said...

Chari, I'm back to say thanks for joining in our Colours of Love Party. I'm still in love with your table. :-)

Candy @ The Little Round Table said...

So very pretty Chari -

Love that little touch of green that is so unexpected.

Thanks so much for joining The Colors of Love party!

Candy

paperbutterfly said...

My friend,
I love Rose Mist and mixed with silver and white. How divine. You have such an eye for detail. And an so creative. I am so happy you came to share your tablescape with us at TTTT. Looking forward to seeing what you conjure up next.
Hope you are staying well.
Blessings,Pam

Terri said...

You have a very lovely blog! Your tablescape here is so romantic. I love the silver and white! You added so many extra touches that really make the table special.
Hugs,
Terri