7/29/2009

It's Tablescape Thursday!!!

Hello my friends...it's Thursday and we all know what that means...it's time for some tablescaping!!!

This fun filled Thursday event is hosted by our sweet friend Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch! So many of us in Blogland look forward to Tablescape Thursdays...it gives us an opportunity to play with our dishes! Hehe! Thank you so much Susan for all the time and effort you put into hosting this fun event...I sure do appreciate you, my friend!!!


~~~Rose Faeries~~~
*
Shhhhh...if you're real quiet and look close...you'll see the little rose faeries!!!
*

*
"Faeries Garden"

Photobucket

*

*
This Rose Faerie tablescape is set in my French country dining room.
*

*
The Centerpiece...
*
For the table's centerpiece I used my apothecary jar with a little cherub inside. I placed a beaded floral wreath at the base of the apothecary jar. I just love this pretty wreath...I borrowed it from my Tea Rose bedroom where it was hanging on the wall! It goes perfectly with the colors of my tablescape...white babies breath, pink flowers, and little lavender glass beads! To each side of the wreath and apothecary jar...I used three silver candleholders with white taper candles.
*

*
Shhh...what is that sound? Ahhhh...I think it's the sound of little faerie wings...
*

*
If you look real close...you may just see one....
*

*
Ohhh myyy...the faeries are sprinkling their faerie dust...this will be a magical evening indeed!!!
*

*
The Place Setting...
**
Today...for the first time...I am using my Norway Rose china. This beautiful china is manufactured by Cunningham & Pickett. I love the single pink rose in the center of the plate and the beautiful wide pink banding!!! I found this china on ebay...4 dinner plates and 6 salad/dessert plates for $11.98! It coordinates beautifully with my late mother-in-law's china, Roselet by Harmony House. I plan on using the two sets together once in awhile...just for a change!
*

*

*
I am using a white salad/dessert plate from a set of dishes that I bought with green stamps when I was just 13 yrs. old. It is ironstone and called "Providence".
*
Ohhh yes...I have lived with my dish fetish for a long, long time! Hehe!
*
The embossed white charger plate is called "Lace" from JC Penneys. I just love the pattern on this charger...it resembles a fleur de lis!
*

*
A close-up of the Norway Rose dinner plate.
*

*
The Table Linens...
*
This white lace tablecloth was a wedding gift from my Mother and Father. I just love it!!! It's reversible...on the side that I am using today there are pink roses. The other side is just plain white lace!
*
The pink damask dinner napkins are new as well...my first time to use them! They are another treasure find from ebay...if I remember correctly I gave $9 for a set of 10. They really do go perfectly with this set of pink china! The porcelain napkin rings were a gift from my late father-in-law...he was always so sweet to me!!! I just love the delicate flowers, leaves and ribbon that is on top of the napkin ring!!!
*

*
I used the Norway Rose salad/dessert plate as an underplate for the pink depression glass tumbler! I have a set of five of these pretty tumblers....a cherished gift from my dear sweet Grandma!!! Isn't it beautiful? The pattern of pink depression glass on this tumbler is called "Open Rose"...I just adore these!!!
*

*
Ohhhh my...LOOK! There is one of those little rose faeries now!!! I wonder what she is thinking about?

*

*
Ohhh...and there is another one! She's lying in the rose wreath...soooo sweet!!!
**
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*
Well my friends....I hope that you enjoyed my "Rose Faerie" tablescape! I must confess that I was a little displeased with my photos for this tablescape...it was a dreary day...no sunlight to light up the room so the lighting was just terrible! I worked and worked to get better photos and finally gave up! They're not my best by any means! We are experiencing really weird weather right now in colorful Colorado! Cool and rainy days...yesterday the temp only got up to 68 and today we are to have a high of 72 degrees! Now...how do you like those kind of temps for the end of July! Hehe! Really strange!!!
*
Please leave me a comment and let me know that you were here...I would love to visit with you!!!
*
Love ya'll,
Chari



29 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

It's all beuatifully done in elegant colors of pink and white Chari! LOVE IT!
I just adore the pink fairy dust idea and the wreath.
The tapered cadles are my most favorite thing of all.
It's all just magical and so enchanting. ~Fabulous job! :)

Tootsie said...

Oh Chari!!! it is just lovely! so pretty and lady like!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Chari,

This tablescape is so elegant and lovely. I love the whole faery/rose theme.

The dihes from ebay are gorgous, such a vintage sort of pink and the pink depression glassware is also lovely! Your napkin rings add that perfect final touch...

You really created something special here, Chari!!

xoxo
Jane

Stacey said...

Chari, that table setting is just beautiful. You put alot of care into it and it shows.

Theresa said...

Oh My... how beautiful! I just bought a set of beautiful pink rose dishes at an estate sale and have yet to post them! Seeing yours really makes me want to do that soon! Gorgeous!
Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

Chari, it doesn't get any prettier or more darling than your tablescape! I love the creative centerpiece and the darling cherubs! Your candlesticks are beautiful and I love your pretty tablecloth! Everything is so enchanting!

Tina

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Chari!!

From the Old InkWell said...

OH How magical! Love the colors too!

ellen b said...

Hi Chari! Your table is so beautiful. I love the faeries!

Anita@Theycallmejammi said...

Beautifully done. I love the colors and the wreath is gorgeous with the apothecary jar.

Cindy J. said...

Oh Chari, I do believe this is my most favorite ever! It is truly Divine... Love you Sis, Cindy

Terri said...

If those white chargers disappear from the house, you'll know who snatched them. ;-)

Gonna check them out at J.C. Penneys right away cause I LOVE them! Thanks for sharing!

Journey said...

Oh, so pretty and elegant! Lovely combinations.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Chari,
What a gorgeous table you have set! You captured the mood perfectly! That china is so pretty and what a great deal u had my dear. I love the tablecloth, the centerpiece, the napkins and ring holders are divine, it just goes so perfectly with your pink depression wear. Gorgeous!! Hugs, Cindy

Lady Katherine said...

Just Magical! I adore the wreath and fairies! The china is lovely! The chargers Oh I love them! Now you have me wanting pink depression glass! Oh, hubby came over and said not! Oh, well I can look at yours! Love your table setting!

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Chari! I am just doing some hand sewing, and am skipping from blog to blog still trying to catch some Pink Saturday posts that I haven't seen yet! I have never paid much attention to tablescapes, I must confess, and certainly was never taught to as a child.. but seeing as many as I am today, I am truly inspired and appreciative of it.. perhaps you could say "cultured"??.. Well, anyways, I adore your centerpiece! I LOVE the pink depression glass, as I have only just recently started collecting that whenever and wherever I can! This is just a stunning post! Beautiful! Maybe as I keep watching the "pros", then maybe I'll get to join in someday! (0; ~tina

Its So Very Cheri said...

I am starting a NEW Mr. Linky party. It will begin on Aug 10th so everyone will have a week and a half to think about their first post. I have a poll up for votes on which button should be the new button. The "party" is called The Knock Off Knock Out-where THRIFTY meets creative sensation. Go over and learn more about the new weekly event and I would appreciate if you would cast your vote and HELP pick the new button design and its the last week for the July GIVE-A-Way, if you would like to be a part of that event..
Cheri

Mari @ Once Upon a Plate said...

Chari, Your tablescape is exquisite!!

I just love all the attention to detail ~ you did a fabulous job. I sure wish I could be sitting there enjoying a bite to eat with you, it's so inviting.

Thank you for your inspiration!

Bill said...

Hi Chari,
Wonderful and charming ... whimsical and elegant! I love the way you combined the pieces and told us a little about the history of all the elements. You blended old and new (and new to you) beautifully.

Brenda Pruitt said...

I was thinking the photos were quite wonderful! And I think the fairy is thinking: "Oh, I sure am pretty in pink!" This is so beautiful. I especially love the candle sticks. I have been looking on eBay for cloth napkins, napkin rings, nice tumblers. Not in pink, because it wouldn't match my kitchen. But in red or gold or green. I am charmed by your tablescape and your fairies hidden about!
Brenda

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Chari,
I love, love, love this tablescape. Everything about it sings to me. I love your rose china. And the depression glass. My favorite thing are the fairies. Where did you get them? I want some. You did another fabulous table.
Kim

Carolyn said...

Oh, it all looks so pretty. i love the pink and white theme.

Carolyn

Tea in Texas said...

Precious fairies! I love going into the wonderful world you created. It seems so lovely, all the pink and glitter. The tablescape treasures are so loving displayed and thanks for sharing your fairy vision.

Unknown said...

A very very pretty table! I just love it!!

~Liz

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

The fairies sprinkled their dust on me and I dearly love it! Just beautiful!

Katherine

Eileen said...

This was such a pretty tablescape! And I can't get over the deal you got on those beautiful rose dishes!
You did a great job!
All the best,
Eileen

Joyce said...

I use to love to go into the green stamp store with my Mom when I was a kid. I thought it was the neatest place in the world. Amazing that you were so young to think ahead to purchase plates. I honestly do not remember what my Mom bought but I know it was a big deal just going there.
Joyce

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Chari...I'm so impressed! How smart were you to start collecting china at such a young age! I love your rose dishes....they are beautiful! The faerie poem was adorable...love everything about this table! Thanks for a lovely TT!
Susan

Robertsdpuu said...

The fairies sprinkled their dust on me and I dearly love it! Just beautiful! Katherine