2/12/2009

"A Love Affair" & Tablescape Thursday....


Hello my friends...welcome to Tablescape Thursday! Tablescape Thursday is hosted by my friend Susan over at Between Naps On The Porch...it's great fun and the list of tablescape participants grows each week! Go over and check out Susan's fabulous Valentine tablescape and visit the participant's tablescapes...you'll be glad that you did!!!

"A Love Affair"

My honey and I are still having a love affair...ahhhh...LOVE!!! In celebration of love...this Valentine's Day I have set the table for a special dinner! It's a "classic" Valentine's tablescape...all decked out in red and white! With fruit...candles for ambiance...and a cupid to boot (just to watch over the whole affair)!

I didn't go out and purchase anything special...just gathered a few things that I already had on hand!

Hope you enjoy...

Click to enlarge

An intimate dinner for two...just for my honey and me!!!


Valentines Day is an easy decorate in my red & white dining room!

Click to enlarge

Click to enlarge

Here you can see the "Cupid Watchman" centerpiece. This little angel is made out of masonary and is quite heavy...I added two masonary urn candleholders topped off with little birds to each side of the cupid.

Click to enlarge


With a closer view...you might be asking what that is in the hand of the cupid? It is a dried rose that was my honey's bootiner when we were married!

Click to enlarge

I just adore this pretty little white fruit platter...can you see the embossed fruit around the edges? I placed two little birds on the handle...a recent find from Michaels for only .75 ea.

Click to enlarge

Dark red placemats...embossed white charger plates...dark red dinner plates...and red transferware dessert plates make up the tablesetting. I used a dark red satin napkin with a glass crystal ball on a gold tassel for the napkin ring.

Simple but classic!

Click to enlarge

Ahhhh...I do believe that "love is in the air....for a love affair to remember"! I'm looking forward to an intimate Valentines Day dinner with my honey!

Hope that each and everyone of you have a fabulous Valentines Day too!!! Thank you so much for stopping by...I just love our visits!!!


Love ya'll,
Chari


Update: On my Frenchy Studio/Office
Oooops...I almost forgot! Wanted to let you know that I finally got the drapery rod and brackets that I ordered....here's a little preview!









See the old looking doorknob...that is the finial for the drapery rod...I just love it! Well...now maybe I can get those toile draperies hung!

Love ya'll,

Chari

22 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

OH MY GOODNESS CHARI!!!

I am soooo happy the giveaway box arrived and you liked it all.
That's wonderful news! ~ENJOY EVERYTHING!
You can post whenever you would like. You're very kind to do that.

This Valentine table is absolutely out of this world! Fabulous!
Soooo elegant classy and romantic.
I adore the cherub centerpiece. The Red plates and the birds are all just so gorgeous.
Love how you draped the Silver tassel too.
Every detail is just prefection.
Amazing job on this one my friend.

Happy Valentines Day!!!
~Melissa :)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Chari

Love your table...very romantic!

Susan

Lori said...

What a great table setting! I love all the red and white. Cupid is sooo cute! You did a great job with this one.

I am getting really excited about your room!!! Can't wait to see it finished.

Have a great Valentine my friend.

Penny said...

Your Dining room is beautiful!
Excellent job on the tablescape.
love the cherubs~

Julio Muao said...

Great table and GREAT wall color! everything pops! Very classy and beautiful.

Kathy said...

Hello Chari, your table for two is beautiful, I think your place setting are so perfect. Hope you have a wonderful Valentines. Kathy

Anonymous said...

Very pretty table. I love digging around in the cupboards to come up with tablescapes. Fun and amazing what you can come up with.

Kathleen Ellis said...

LOVE-ly tablescape! I thought the platter had bird handles! Clever touch there! Everything looks pretty!
Happy Valentine's Day!
;-D

Miss Laura Lu/RMS4291960 said...

Chari! it's beautiful! So sweet and romantic! love all the red! You're dining room is precious...can't wait to see the curtains up! God Bless you today! Lauralu

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Chari! I love your tablescape...especially the centerpiece! You know I love your red transferware dessert plates! And those little birds are just the right touch! Can't wait to see your frenchy office! Have a great weekend...Debbie

Kathysue said...

You valentine table is so pretty Chari, You have a way of making things look so special and it shows all of us you don't have to go shopping just look around the house and think about LOVE. Hugs Kathysue

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

Fabulous table. Very romantic. I just love it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Chari,
The table is perfect for a romantic meal for two on Valentine's day or any day :0)
Enjoy...

Anonymous said...

Chari- Your table is absolutely beautiful and then your show us that awesome room of yours that it is in- WOW! We had guest over today and though the table was pretty (I didn't take pictures again!!!!!!!!) it didn't stand out like yours because it didn't quite fit that funky wallpaper!!!! I mean I think I would keep this table looking like this all the time it looks so amazing!

I love that sweet platter with the bird on it - the things you find!

The picture of you and DH is sweet!

I see you are teasing us some more with just snippets of your room!

blessings
mary

Anonymous said...

Chari,this is so gorgeous.Russell must think he's in heaven.You are such a fabulous wife to him.And I KNOW he appreciates you.Happy V dya honey...Ann

Lisa (aka) French said...

Everything looks marvelous;) French

Cindy J. said...

So romantic, so beautiful, just like you. Love the curtain knobs for your toile room. I just can't wait to see the room finished. I am so excited for you. I did get some detail pictures for you but they didn't come out very clear. You sweet girl, you left the most kind loving comments on my award post.. You are such a blessing. Love, Cindy

Linda Q said...

Very pretty table, lovely room. Love some of your accessories!
Enjoy the Valentines weekend!
Linda Q

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Girl friend this is all so beautiful...love the birds and those white chargers...I just know you and Honey will have a wonderful dinner for 2..I have missed you dear friend and I am so sorry I have been a bad friend this past week..Please forgive me girl..but this pneumonia has just kicked my butt big time..I have been sitting up to even sleep right now as it hurts my chest to lay down..I know they I go whining again..have a fun Saturday with Honey girl...and I love your new lamp from Laura...I just loved her on RMS and her house..she was always so sweet..love ya sis hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

xinex said...

Those drapes will look so good after they are hung. Your table is fabulous, Chari! Love the cherub holding a rose and the birds. We have the same lace chargers. Don't you just love them? I get a lot of use on them...Christine

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Beautiful table,beautiful room...I have those same lace chargers & use them often.

Love your blog!

Blogger said...

Looking for the Ultimate Dating Site? Create an account to find your perfect match.