"Eeeekkksss"!!! Oh my...I've just been "Boo-ed" by my friend Lynne over at Lynne's Gifts From the Heart!!! Whew.....I'm glad it was just you, Lynne.....I just about jumped out of my skin! Hehe!!! Thank you, Girlfriend.....I think! Hehehehe!!!
Well I've been a little "under the weather" lately...I am feeling a bit better! I just wanted to thank all of you who have stopped by with well wishes...your love and concern have been like a "healing balm"! Thank you so much, my friends!!!
When I got up this morning and looked out of my window....this is what I saw! Oh yes...SNOW!!! It's kind of difficult to tell by this picture but that glistening white stuff was really coming down! Can you believe it? It's October 23...and we're actually still in the midst of Autumn here in Colorful Colorado as you can see....our trees are just beginning to turn their Autumn shades! Oh well...as they say here in Colorado, "If you're tired of the weather, just stick around...it'll change!" Hehe!!!
What??? You really don't want to see snow pictures from just looking through the window??? Oh my...okay, let me go get my heavy robe on then...I'm still in my jammies'...and a stocking cap! You people are really making me work for this one, aren't you!!! Hehehe!!!!
Click on the photo to enlarge
Here is a photo taken from our back door. For those of you familiar with Rate My Space, this view is what I consider to be "Picture Postcard Perfect" when we're covered in snow....I have a photo of such a scene on RMS!
Click to enlarge the photo
Another photo from our back door....as you can see, our trees are still trying to turn colors! Between the wind and the snow, we'll probably lose all of the leaves now! I'm pouting!!!
Click on photo to enlarge
Ohhhhh nooooo....there goes my pink petunias!!! I totally agree with the still changing leaves and the pink petunias....as pretty as it is, it's too early for snow!!!
Here's an old milk can that I painted and placed at our back door! It's a little sun faded...I think I need to touch it up! Brrrrrr....I had to wipe the snow off of our name with my fingers....it's cold here!!!
Click on photo to enlarge
It's still snowing...as time goes by the glistening white stuff gathers more and more...as you can see in this next photo! And actually as I'm writing this (4 hours later), it's still snowing!!! Maybe if the snow continues to collect on everything, I'll go out and take more photos for ya'll! Or maybe not...it's sooooo cold and I have a cold!!! I really should stay in by the warm fire!!!
Click on the photo to enlarge
Well my friends....just thought you'd enjoy a little peek at our "First Snow" in Colorful Colorado! I do have to admit....I'm just like a little girl when we get our first snow...with my nose pressed against the window looking out at the beautiful glistening scenery...my warm breath fogging up the window....I still get the urge to write in the fog...hehe!!! But I don't....I hate washing windows...hehe!!! But our first snow always brings a bit of excitement....an excitement that I wanted to share with you!!! Stay warm ya'll.....
I woke up this morning "counting all of my blessings"! What a grand day it is...having my honey home to share the day with me...a cool sunny morning...and a fresh hot cup of coffee! I don't know if it really ever gets any better than this! Except to find that I've been awarded the "Kreativ Blogger" Award...hehe! Rose over at "A Santamaker's Journey" was so gracious to give me this award...thank you, dear sweet Rose!!! If you haven't ever been over to Rose's place...please stop by for a visit...I assure you that you won't be disappointed! She is one of the most talented and creative women that I know at Blog Land! Ohhh my....you really do need to see her beautiful home...decorated in my beloved French Country Flair!!! Here is the link to Rose's place...http://santamakersjourney.blogspot.com/
Acknowledge the person who sent it to you.
Pick 6 people who deserve this award to tag.
List 6 things you value and 6 that you don't:
"Six Things That I Value"
1. My Faith....Without my faith in God, where would I be! The Lord is the keeper of my life!
2. My Family....My beloved husband, Russell! All of my children...Lisa & Tony, Aimee & Jay, Jenni & David, Darrin, and Danielle! All of my grandchildren...Tony Jr., Alex, Adam Christopher, Noah, Emiliee, Ryan, Ethan, Erick, Seth, and Caylee! They are what I live for!!!
3. My Friends....I have some of the most wonderful & caring friends....I especially value all of my cyber friends who have become so near and dear to my heart!
4. My Home....it is my little piece of Heaven here on Earth!
5. My health...I thank the Lord daily for my health!
6. My Extended Family....my folks, my Sis....
"Six Things That I Do Not Value"
1. Bad Attitude...pessimistic attitudes, "Woe is Me" attitudes, "I'm better than you..." attitudes.
2. Predjudice....of any type!
3. Dishonesty....can sink a ship!
4. Verbal and/or Physical Mistreatment....literally makes me sick to my stomach...especially when it involves children!!!
5. Apathy....I'm a pretty passionate person! Apathy frustrates me!
6. Unpatriotic....If you don't like this great country, go live in Iraq or someplace similar!!!
The six people that I would like to share this award with are some of my favorite "Kreativ Bloggers"! A couple of these ladies (Lynne & Gloria) are just embarking on their Blog Land journey...please stop by and give them a grand welcome and an encouraging word!!!
Kristen over at "Kristen's Creations".....http://kristenscreationsonline.blogspot.com/
Lynne over at "Lynne's Gifts from the Heart".....http://lynnesgiftsfromtheheart.blogspot.com/
Susan over at "Between Naps on the Porch".....http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
Lynette over at "Lynette's L.A.M. Blog".....http://lynetteslam.blogspot.com/
Gloria over at "Happy To Be".....http://wwwhappytobe.blogspot.com/
Mary Ellen over at "Mary's (megardengal) Meanderings".....http://megardengal.blogspot.com/
I hope that everyone is having a wonderfully blessed Sunday! Don't forget to take time and count your blessings...it's a GRAND day!!!
Today I was visiting a new friend's blog...her name is Lynette and she hosts a blog called, Lynette's L.A.M. Blog...please stop by and pay her a little visit! Lynette is such a sweet lady...we met on Rate My Space (of course, hehe!) She is such a "whiz" at this blog thing and I can tell that she could teach me much about the subject!!!
Anyway, I found this cute little "Autumn Test" over at her place and thought it would be fun to take the test....below you can see my test results! It's kind of funny how these things can sometimes "pin point" a person! At least I'd like to think my results show a true picture of the kind of person that I am...it was quite flattering...hehe!!! Have fun and take the test for yourself!!!
I'm really lovin' Autumn so far...the days have been cool to cold here in Colorful Colorado! The trees began turning all of their vibrant colors a few weeks ago! Don't you just love the reds...they range from coral to crimson! And how about the oranges...ahhh those bright pumpkin colored oranges...and the richer, deeper cinnamon shades of orange! Then there's the soft buttery yellows and bright golden yellows! Ahhhh...I do love color and I especially love the colors of Autumn!!! So I can't help but be in the "Autumn" mood!!! In fact, I have already been thinking about Thanksgiving and have a "craving" for turkey, stuffing, and sweet potatoes!!! Ummmm yummy...oh and pumpkin pie!!! See...told you I was craving it!!! hehe!!!
Well my friends...hope that you're having a fabulous Friday!!! Have a great weekend too!!!
My Autumn Test Results
Click here to take the test
The Autumn Test
Hello my friends! Susan over at Between Naps On the Porch hosts "Tablescape Tuesday" each week. She is such a sweet lady and a very gracious hostess...if you haven't ever been over to her place for a visit, I urge you to do so! Susan's blog address is http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/
I have followed "Tablescape Tuesday" since it's debut...each and every week I visit the blogs that participate. Wow...I'm totally intriqued by all of the talent and creativity! I've seen some of the most beautiful tablescapes! Therefore, in celebration of the fact that Autumn has finally visited us here in Colorful Colorado and that Autumn is my favorite season (I just love all of the rich, warm colors....the reds, oranges, and yellowy golds) I decided to do an Autumn tablescape and join in the fun of "Tablescape Tuesday"! I hope you enjoy my Autumn table as much as I enjoyed putting it together! I really felt like a little girl again...playing with dishes!!!
Deep, rich colors of olive green, red, and gold flourish in my French Country dining room making Autumn decorating a cinch! First of all, I would need to dress the table because I wanted a more formal look. I decided to layer two table cloths...I used a crimson red colored silky tablecloth underneath and then placed a gold tablecloth (that I made a few years back...it has the prettiest "scroll" pattern on it) cross-wise over the red cloth. The Autumn placemats have different shapes of leaves within the red and sagey green color blocks. Secondly, I decided to use dinner plates that I already had...a large, dark red plate serves as a charger or underplate and on top of that sits a sage green dinner plate. Do you see the leaf salad plate? I found these at Walmart for $4/ea. I placed little ceramic pumpkins and squash on top of the leaf plates just for decoration...a great find from Dollar Tree for only $1/ea. I used my amber colored goblets and topped the place setting off with a glimmery gold napkin! The napkin rings or ties that I used are made of gold braid with small crystal balls on each end. I stuck a sprig of Autumn berries into each napkin.
A few weeks ago I decided to make a floral arrangement/centerpiece for the dining room table. I used an old footed serving tray with handles...the distressed, silvery-gray, metal finish was perfect for the look I was going for! I arranged Autumn colored florals and berries to spill over the sides of the tray onto the table. You can see the pattern of the gold tablecloth better in this photo.
I love these wood acorns...I scattered several of them around the table with Autumn leaves! Each of the acorns are different so keep an eye out for them!
I added candles to the little lidded pumpkins. We can't forget ambience...hehe!!! (Found the lidded pumpkins at Hobby Lobby...50% off for a total of $4/ea.)
Normally I wouldn't use placecards for a dinner party of just four. Besides using names, you can add a favorite Autumn saying, etc. The cute little pumpkin place card holders were only a dollar at Hobby Lobby...I thought it would be fun to use a silk leaf as the note card.
Here is a view of my finished Autumn tablescape. I did my part...now I'm wondering who is preparing the meal??? Hehe!
In this photo, you can see the different shapes and colors of the little wood acorns!
And there you have it! My French Country dining room...all "decked out" in it's best Autumn finery! Just to the left of the table is our old wood stove...on a chilly Autumn eve with a warm fire all aglow...our dinner guests can enjoy a nice glass of wine and dinner...sweet fellowship and a celebration of all that the Autumn season brings...a time of harvest and blessings!!!
Well my friends...I would like to take this time to wish each of you and your families a happy and prosperous Autumn season! It's the time of the year to harvest the fruit of your labours....to count your blessings! While counting mine, I call out your name...my dear, sweet friends! Thank you so much for your visits to this little blog and for your friendship! I appreciate and cherish each of you!!!
I've been tagged by Mary Ellen over at Mary's (megardengal) Meanderings http://megardengal.blogspot.com/ to participate in "Seven Things" (a little questionaire). I thought it sounded like great fun...so here it goes...hehe!
Seven Things I Plan To Do Before I die;
1. Make an "everlasting impression" on all of my family and friends.
2. Return to Europe.
3. Visit the New England states in the Autumn.
4. See all 10 of my grandchildren married and have families! I want more babies!!!
5. Write a book.
6. To laugh at least once...every day!
7. Finish my upstairs studio.
Seven Things I Can Do;
1. I can speak at least enough to get me by in 2 different languages.
2. I can paint, sculpt, and do most arts & crafts...I'm pretty "artsy".
3. I know sign language.
4. I can "organize" anything....my home, social and community events. I was born to organize....hehe!
5. I can design and decorate a home.
6. I can teach...I love to teach!
7. I can sew, embroider, knit & crochet.
Seven Things I Cannot Do;
1. I cannot make certain sounds that require twirling your tongue.
2. I cannot ride a horse without being thrown off.
3. I cannot stand for my house to be dirty or unorganized.
4. I cannot bear to hurt someone's feelings.
5. I cannot be in a "tight fitting" place...I'm very claustrophobic!
6. I cannot do gymnastics anymore...I learned that the hard way!
7. I cannot go a day without prayer.
Seven Things That Attract Me To MY MISTER;
1. My Mister is very handsome.
2. He's very strong and always takes care of things...no worries!
3. He's very intelligent...I believe there isn't anything that he can't figure out!
4. He's so compassionate and soft hearted and an excellent listener!
5. He makes me feel like I'm the most special lady in the world.
6. He believes in me!
7. He can do anything...he's very handy!
8. He's fun to be with.
9. He's a Godly man and always gives God the credit for his accomplishments.
Ohhh...was I supposed to mention just 7 things that attract me to my Mister? Hehe!!! Here's a picture of my Mister...see...I told you he was handsome!!!
Seven Things I Say Most Often;
2. I love you honey!
3. "Ahhhh...you're such a pretty kitty"...talking to my three kitties.
4. Hey Girlfriend.
5. I appreciate you, Russell!
6. What sounds good for supper?
7. I'm so blessed....
Seven Celebrity Admirations;
2. Whitney Houston...I would love to be able to sing like her!
3. Charles Faudree...He's the very best interior designer when it comes to anything French!
4. Kevin Costner...I love all of his movies.
5. Julia Roberts...I love all of her movies.
6. Governor Sarah Palin...I sure admire her gutsy spirit.
7. My Grandma...she'll always be a celebrity in my eyes!!!
Seven Favorite Foods;
1. Crispy sesame beef or chicken (Chinese).
2. Cheesecake (the real oven baked kind).
3. Grilled New York stip steak.
4. Salad...especially a good Cobb salad!
5. Shrimp...anyway you want to fix it!
7. Chocolate...any kind!
So there you have it...my seven things! These things are a fun way to find out some interesting facts about people. Did you find out anything interesting about me...something that came as a surprise?
When commenting, please add at least one interesting fact about you...I'd love to get to know you better!!!